You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainRez

Swedish Commander Portraits?

18 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
434 battles

Hello, 

I was wondering about the new European destroyers and their commanders,

Will there be new Swedish/European commander portraits? Or will they remain the same and could I see a picture of one?

Just asking for a small favor, thanks!

[WOLFC]
Members
2,882 posts
16,373 battles
36 minutes ago, CaptainRez said:

Hello, 

Will there be new Swedish/European commander portraits? Or will they remain the same and could I see a picture of one?

There's only 3 I believe ... that pop in a commander for the Swedish ships. 

i.e. I can put my Polish Blyska commander on the Visby, but the system won't recruit one.

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

sc3.jpg

0 posts

This lady is currently Chief of the Swedish Navy

2-Ewa-skoog-haslum-680x1020-1.jpg?fit=68120px-Command_sign_of_the_Swedish_Navy_c

though I imagine it would be tricky to gain permission for WOWS to figure Rear Admiral Ewa Ann-Sofi Skoog Haslum.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,336 posts
31,819 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

though I imagine it would be tricky to gain permission for WOWS to figure Rear Admiral Ewa Ann-Sofi Skoog Haslum.

And the name's too long.

Members
5 posts
434 battles

I appreciate all of the help and info/media provided. Thank you everyone!

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 4:07 PM, CaptainRez said:

Hello, 

Aloha,

So ALL of our "Random commanders" are loosely based off WG staff overall. The exception of course are the Unique Commanders, Historical Commanders or Legendary Commanders.

Understand though most of the EU DD's are Swedish, these ships reside in the EU tech tree, so their commanders will be pulled from a pool of likenesses that we have for the EU lines.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

0 posts
42 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

So ALL of our "Random commanders" are loosely based off WG staff overall. (...)

Thanks for the clarification. I can't help but ask if this means that WG does not employ women (for example)? I am sure others will have similar questions spring to mind. I mean, if the random commanders are not historical, but fictional renderings of WG staff, does that mean only Saint Petersburg staff? Or does that mean, for example, that one day we may get a disguised Hapa_Fodder in cameo as a [insert Tech Tree] random commander?

Further official clarification on WG design policy/parametres for Random Commanders (what are the reasoning and objectives behind their selection and visual presentation) would be helpful.

[FORM]
Members
1,639 posts
11,407 battles
57 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

So ALL of our "Random commanders" are loosely based off WG staff overall. The exception of course are the Unique Commanders, Historical Commanders or Legendary Commanders.

Just a suggestion - can you add more than 3 to the nations with only a few commander portraits? Would be nice to have a minimum of twice that many and not all that hard to do I'm sure.

• Cool 2

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Thanks for the clarification. I can't help but ask if this means that WG does not employ women (for example)? I am sure others will have similar questions spring to mind. I mean, if the random commanders are not historical, but fictional renderings of WG staff, does that mean only Saint Petersburg staff? Or does that mean, for example, that one day we may get a disguised Hapa_Fodder in cameo as a [insert Tech Tree] random commander?

Further official clarification on WG design policy/parametres for Random Commanders (what are the reasoning and objectives behind their selection and visual presentation) would be helpful.

Yes we employ A LOT of women. We have used multiple female staff members likenesses for several captains in our other game modes currently and then the Dasha commanders. And AGAIN for the random commanders in the regular recruited ships, because they aren't in the game right now doesn't mean they won't happen.

1 minute ago, TheArc said:

Just a suggestion - can you add more than 3 to the nations with only a few commander portraits? Would be nice to have a minimum of twice that many and not all that hard to do I'm sure.

Well I just went through and recruited 10 commanders to check and got 6 different faces. I know the three that were pictured above do come up more often, don't know if this is RNG based or whatever, but ya.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WG]
3,553 posts
13,914 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 4:07 PM, CaptainRez said:

Hello, 

Anyways, back on topic.

I am sure there will be more EU commander likenesses added to the pool.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[FORM]
Members
1,639 posts
11,407 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Well I just went through and recruited 10 commanders to check and got 6 different faces. I know the three that were pictured above do come up more often, don't know if this is RNG based or whatever, but ya.

Check the Italian line, I'm pretty sure there are only 3.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
442 posts
17,753 battles

I wish WG would release more random commander portraits,  the italian line is woefully short of image choice and  the Commonwealth line should have non-British commander image's 

Edited by commando_brian
  • Cool 1

Members
5 posts
434 battles
On 3/25/2020 at 10:28 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Anyways, back on topic.

I am sure there will be more EU commander likenesses added to the pool.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thanks, greatly appreciated!