Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Patriotpa

Friendly Fire retaliation points PLEASE

10 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
102 battles

Would you PLEASE let us KILL bots when they friendly fire us? The way it is now, we get penalized even if we do nothing as we get fired upon, cut off and rammed. Instead give us POINTS for ridding the game of these menaces to navigation.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles

Firing upon friendly ships has consequences.
Are you willing to accept those consequences?

Members
7 posts
102 battles
9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Firing upon friendly ships has consequences.
Are you willing to accept those consequences?

When they fire upon us, then YES. The consequences should be the same as sinking an enemy combatant, because when they attack you, they become an enemy combatant. Thus, we get to sink them the same as any other enemy, thus strengthening our side.

[FLAYR]
Members
12 posts
8,748 battles

And here I thought maybe it was just my imagination that they were firing torpedoes at me!

Members
7 posts
102 battles

I see this thread is getting ZERO notice from WOW.

LET US KILL FRIENDLY FIRE ATTACKERS as if they were enemies.

ESPECIALLY IF THEY're BOTS.

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 4:40 PM, Patriotpa said:

Would you PLEASE let us KILL bots when they friendly fire us? The way it is now, we get penalized even if we do nothing as we get fired upon, cut off and rammed. Instead give us POINTS for ridding the game of these menaces to navigation.

The game's rules are simple:  "Don't Fire At Your Allies".

When 'Bots are the one's causing "friendly fire" incidents, I'll admit it does add to the *challenge* of the game.  

After thinking about the phenomena (after it first happened to me, months ago), the 'Bots are merely emulating human behavior that one can find in random and co-op battles.  ;-)

So, this time may have surprised you.  But from now on, you'll be wiser and better prepared for the future.

What we should be asking for is improved 'Bot behavior, not for permission to "team-kill", eh?

Members
7 posts
102 battles
On 4/25/2020 at 7:28 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

The game's rules are simple:  "Don't Fire At Your Allies".

When 'Bots are the one's causing "friendly fire" incidents, I'll admit it does add to the *challenge* of the game.  

After thinking about the phenomena (after it first happened to me, months ago), the 'Bots are merely emulating human behavior that one can find in random and co-op battles.  ;-)

So, this time may have surprised you.  But from now on, you'll be wiser and better prepared for the future.

What we should be asking for is improved 'Bot behavior, not for permission to "team-kill", eh?

Bots that work properly would be good, but at least, in the interim, if a traitor attacks, be it bot or human, I should be able to defend myself without repercussions. Hell if it's chronic, I should get points for eliminating a foe and improving the team.

[WPORT]
Members
5,490 posts
10,518 battles
1 hour ago, Patriotpa said:

Bots that work properly would be good, but at least, in the interim, if a traitor attacks, be it bot or human, I should be able to defend myself without repercussions. Hell if it's chronic, I should get points for eliminating a foe and improving the team.

I suggest being prepared for un-met expectations.
Players are not assigned the duties of maritime law enforcers nor game rules enforcers.  There is a process to report poor sportsmanship.
The 'Bots behave according to programming from the game developers.
So, perhaps @Hapa_Fodder or @Mademoisail could put you on the best path to direct your ideas towards the development team?

Sign in to follow this