Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

I once saw a shark eat an octopus... but I never seen no phantom ship. Until now.

10 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
38 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Watch from 16:02 to 15:40 as my shells pass through the Ghost Ship.

https://replayswows.com/replay/84731#teams

It's a commonly-known graphical glitch. Your shells appeared to on past the island but actually were all absorbed by it. This happens to me all the time when I'm shooting from the other side of rocks.

Members
1,102 posts

I have had torpedoes pass through islands and then pass harmlessly through my ship.  It can be bad on the nerves, but it is just a glitch.

[SALVO]
Members
4,352 posts
3,781 battles
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's a commonly-known graphical glitch. Your shells appeared to on past the island but actually were all absorbed by it. This happens to me all the time when I'm shooting from the other side of rocks.

What about when there's no island and you have the ghost ship 4km away, nothing in between? shells just go through... or it was ghost shells?  :cap_hmm:

[NMKJT]
Members
2,672 posts
7,453 battles

Years ago there was a bug where a ship wouldn't render or be hittable for you, but it could shoot from that position. You'd get killed by shells coming out of thin air, and you'd know the ship was there cause of that and the minimap. I don't know if that still happens, but I haven't seen it for years now. It was probably one of the weirdest desyncs/server issues I've ever seen.

Members
590 posts
4,130 battles

Had a player complain about our team shooting torps at him in a battle last night.  But players were saying they couldn't see his ship, the enemy BB was there but his cruiser wasn't apparrently.  I'm guessing there were "sink" issues with the server.  (Small attempt at humor.)

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
971 posts
8,130 battles
2 hours ago, C14Alpha said:

I have had torpedoes pass through islands and then pass harmlessly through my ship.  It can be bad on the nerves, but it is just a glitch.

I have had torpedoes continue 50 km outside the map.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles

I have seen this glitch a couple of times myself, but not recently.  When it happens, you don't know if you should trust that it is a glitch, or if you should get away to avoid the torps.  But, if you move away, you give up your nice comfy spot and potentially get spotted and shot at.   I suspect it has been fixed. 

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts

i cant say i was as lucky as you. I've had torps suddenly appear from the beach or rocks and take me from 100%hp back to port. :cap_old: sigh

but Yeah Ive never seen no phantom japanese BB either until now :cap_wander: @JCC45 very cool of you to have captured that.

lets hope Yamato's ghost doesn't haunt you in future battles :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this