You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GMCM_RET_22

When will the Puerto Rico come to the Premium Shop

28 comments in this topic

[_SBC_]
Members
1 post
10,961 battles

I miss the building of the Puerto Rico due to having back surgery, I wanted to if the Puerto Rico would be coming to the Premium Shop?

[SNGNS]
Members
491 posts
6,049 battles

its coming to the game but probably as a coal ship (like the yoshino)

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
5 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

I miss the building of the Puerto Rico due to having back surgery, I wanted to if the Puerto Rico would be coming to the Premium Shop?

(Probably) Never. Maybe this Christmas when you buy some Santa Crates. First T10 "Special" ship for cash! (Not that it wasn't for cash when it was first released.)

Members
2,439 posts
5,375 battles

PR bundle coming to the premium shop for the low price of $400 USD.

who in their right mind would want a PR now with the OP (Russia won WW2 Navy) cruiser split coming.

• Funny 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,304 posts
10,775 battles
12 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

Give 12-18 months, that's the typical WeeGee timeline.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles
13 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

The only statement from WG has been that the Puerto Rico will be available sometime in the future for a different resource.

So sometime in the future, instead of your sanity, it will be coal, steel, or free XP.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,933 posts
11,605 battles
18 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

you probably wouldnt have gotten it even if you didnt have the back surgery, the missions were pretty much impossible for those that had a life outside of the game

you either no lifed the game through Christmas, or you used money

Edited by tcbaker777

[-K-]
Members
8,361 posts
14,164 battles
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

The reality is that a T10 premium ship would cost likely over $100USD, based on current T9 pricing.

That's a frightening price for any single ship.  Especially when you consider what else you can buy in the real world for that amount of $$$.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,126 posts
19,226 battles
23 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

Why would they ever put it in the premium shop when they can make twice as much money selling it to rich fools through a bogus event?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,909 battles
53 minutes ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

Ask yourself which is worse … a pain in the back or a pain in the @ss?

You didn't miss anything :) 

Edited by Commander_367

[ARGSY]
Members
20,192 posts
14,348 battles
35 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

That's a frightening price for any single ship.  Especially when you consider what else you can buy in the real world for that amount of $$$.

I used no boosters, but I still got the grind down to the point where I could have whaled PR and all the goodies I hadn't got yet for 25K doubloons (the "Finish now" price). Call that 22K because I'd have got a T8 permacamo out of it that was effectively worth 3K (despite the sticker price of 4K), and allow a bit for the coal and steel it would have brought, and it would effectively be not much more than the duplicate doubloon price for the Alaska.  (Disclosure: I had some unexpected no-life time over Christmas and I used it to full advantage.)

But I considered that 25,000 doubloons could do so much more across so many other in-game items, and refused to dump that many dubs into just one ship even with my wife's unsolicited blessing (she was THAT IMPRESSED with the visual spectacle of the dockyard). 

So for me it was a strategic spending issue rather than a "Can I afford this and still feed my family?" issue, but I still did not buy the ship.

If we're talking other hobbies, for $100 US I can buy 200ft of black and white negative film, or half that and probably enough chemistry to develop most if not all of it at home.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
50 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

43 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The reality is that a T10 premium ship would cost likely over $100USD, based on current T9 pricing.

For that amount of money I could have bought myself a Cobi Set.

Image result for cobi battleship

1 hour ago, GMCM_RET_22 said:

If you want to build a ship, why not do it in real life and save yourself a couple of bucks?

Edited by JackSparrow_665
  • Cool 1

Members
4,371 posts
11,269 battles

To the premium shop directly? Probably very unlikely for a very long time (and when it does show up, the game will probably be in its death throes and you wouldn’t want to buy it anyway).

WG said it will come back at some point in the future for a different currency, but they said the same for all the the removed t9s that have so far become santa crate/supercontainer only rare drops. Even if the t10s don’t get added to the supercontainer pool, I wouldn’t be surprised if we see PR and Smolensk in the list of available santa crate ships come December. 

[-BSK-]
Members
472 posts
19,240 battles
44 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

That could buy a lot of toilet paper

• Funny 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,273 posts
18,802 battles

PaytoRico gave the player base what it feels like to eat a habanero pepper raw, putting her in the premium shop would be like adding water to cure the burns.

• Cool 1

0 posts
47 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

a good proportion of the 8000 current NA server owners of PR will have spent far more the 100$ to obtain her. PR proved one thing, people will spend silly amounts of money.

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,917 battles
5 minutes ago, Groo_ said:

That could buy a lot of toilet paper

Or not as the case may be! Price gouging for TP at its best! Save yer money and use newspaper like we did in the old days (70’s). Most newspapers these days aren’t much use for more than that these days!

[BUOY]
Members
1,024 posts
14,546 battles
9 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

PaytoRico gave the player base what it feels like to eat a habanero pepper raw, putting her in the premium shop would be like adding water to cure the burns.

Yup, WG will be adding her for one of either steel, RP or (if we're really 'lucky') coal.

[WOLFG]
Members
552 posts
12,673 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

You’re not missing much.  

How'd you know? You don't have one, lol.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,985 posts
14,281 battles

OP your one lucky guys to have missed getting the PR :)

[WOLFG]
Members
9,634 posts
8,629 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

It is best not to engage in that thought process for anything that costs more than the Smith.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
552 posts
12,673 battles
12 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

a good proportion of the 8000 current NA server owners of PR will have spent far more the 100$ to obtain her. PR proved one thing, people will spend silly amounts of money.

Was able to get the 4th set of directives done before the end of the event without doubloon boosters, so I only paid $60, less than a tier ix in the premium shop. :D

0 posts
3 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Was able to get the 4th set of directives done before the end of the event without doubloon boosters, so I only paid $60, less than a tier ix in the premium shop. :D

that's what they all say..