You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

a legitimate MM complaint

31 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I ran a coop in my Cleveland. I was the only non-bot in the match. My complaint is not only was I the only non-bot on my team I was also bottom tiered & facing T10 ships.

We all know that teammate bots provide little support at best as they usually seem to race to be the 1st sunk.

With the rarely miss accuracy and 99% chance of causing fire the enemy bots have facing 5 or 6 enemy ships 2 tiers above you with out any ability to repair is having the odds stacked against you.

I believe this should be corrected.

If there was one other human player on my team I would not be complaining.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I ran a coop in my Cleveland. I was the only non-bot in the match. My complaint is not only was I the only non-bot on my team I was also bottom tiered & facing T10 ships.

We all know that teammate bots provide little support at best as they usually seem to race to be the 1st sunk.

With the rarely miss accuracy and 99% chance of causing fire the enemy bots have facing 5 or 6 enemy ships 2 tiers above you with out any ability to repair is having the odds stacked against you.

The MM believes in your impressive skills. Did you win?

[SALVO]
Members
4,494 posts
3,829 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Guess not, else this would be a "look how impressive my skils are" and not a "fix MM" thread

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Guess not, else this would be a "look how impressive my skils are" and not a "fix MM" thread

auwll.jpg

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,446 posts
39,386 battles
17 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

All bot teammates are the best games.

That is when you can get the big bxp games.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
Just now, cecill611 said:

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
5 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

wait,  is this actually an MM complaint thread about COOP???

jipfxcg.gif

We have MM too and when you are saddled with :Fletcher: who goofs off on the player team, you will understand our pain. :) :)

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
47 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

40 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Not this time but I have won a few matches like this in lower tiers.

36 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I prefer to have one or 2 people on my team. 

I should add the number bot "friendly fire" incidents seems to be increasing.

Edited by kgh52

Members
4,465 posts
19,499 battles

Look at the bright side of having Bot teammates; They're never AFK, they never trash talk, and they never DC.  :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

Look at the bright side of having Bot teammates; They're never AFK, they never trash talk, and they never DC.  :Smile_playing:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, ReddNekk said:

True but they will shoot & torpedo you from the backside. Sometimes they launch torpedoes in the opposite direction of enemy ships. Yes, it has happened to me.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

When you get put as the only human player in a co-op game, immediately set yourself up to take advantage of the other meat shields on your team, especially when bottom tier.  They can be tough games, but you can still win if you can help your bots live a bit longer by getting some key damage on enemy ships early on.

You should never be bottom tier in co-op.  That's just bad programming.  I can see being middle tier, but not bottom tier.

Members
4,465 posts
19,499 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

True but they will shoot & torpedo you from the backside. Sometimes they launch torpedoes in the opposite direction of enemy ships. Yes, it has happened to me.

• Funny 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

They do team kill though. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

When you get put as the only human player in a co-op game, immediately set yourself up to take advantage of the other meat shields on your team, especially when bottom tier.  They can be tough games, but you can still win if you can help your bots live a bit longer by getting some key damage on enemy ships early on.

You should never be bottom tier in co-op.  That's just bad programming.  I can see being middle tier, but not bottom tier.

Murc, speaking as a former programmer and software engineer, it's NOT "bad programming".  It's bad software design.  The programmer merely writes the code that performs the actions that the developers asked for.

Also, the way that I'd put it is that in coop battles, the top tier should be no higher than the highest tiered player ship.  In the case of a solo player on a team filled with friendly bots, the battle tier should be that of the solo player's ship.

• Cool 1

Members
3,089 posts
564 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

We have MM too and when you are saddled with :Fletcher: who goofs off on the player team, you will understand our pain. :) :)

that really has nothing at all to do with MM, its just a potato player....in a Fletcher.... it happens, but MM is not to blame... the player is

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

Co-op mains complain just to complain... Some like being the lone ranger with a lot of Ais... Then some just find a reason to complain about it...

#leaveCo-opalone

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, Murcc said:

Many times it is impossible to take advantage of your bot teammates as they die within seconds of 1st contact with the enemy.

1 hour ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I swear having bot teammates is better than actual ones sometimes in coop...

Yes, this is true most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Co-op mains complain just to complain... Some like being the lone ranger with a lot of Ais... Then some just find a reason to complain about it...

#leaveCo-opalone

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all complaints in this forum are from PVP players. Tossing in a complaint about coops, other than how random mains make the poorest coop players, is a change of pace.

BTW, I would be classified as a scenario main.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Murc, speaking as a former programmer and software engineer, it's NOT "bad programming".  It's bad software design.  The programmer merely writes the code that performs the actions that the developers asked for.

Also, the way that I'd put it is that in coop battles, the top tier should be no higher than the highest tiered player ship.  In the case of a solo player on a team filled with friendly bots, the battle tier should be that of the solo player's ship.

My son is programmer and software engineer. I know exactly what you are saying.

I agree but did not want to say "In the case of a solo player on a team filled with friendly bots, the battle tier should be that of the solo player's ship" because I knew I would be getting grief from the fact this is a coop MM complaint. 

[WOLFO]
Members
539 posts
4,172 battles

1 or 2 hoomans are good tho'. Better than all AI. Some decisions can be made.

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles
15 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

My son is programmer and software engineer. I know exactly what you are saying.

I agree but did not want to say "In the case of a solo player on a team filled with friendly bots, the battle tier should be that of the solo player's ship" because I knew I would be getting grief from the fact this is a coop MM complaint. 

Probably should have put this thread in the PVE Content subforum.  Regardless, your complaint is legit, IMO.

• Cool 1

[WAP]
Beta Testers
317 posts
10,166 battles

I don't understand why you're complaining.  You get the full Randoms experience without having to deal with real people.  I think WG might be onto something here!!!