You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

WGC: Log in to Experience It All

91 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,524 posts
13,901 battles

Stay tuned for more exciting news on the WGC. Don’t miss out on your in-game prize!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BS]
[BS]
Alpha Tester
482 posts
4,339 battles

Do you mean the automatic updates wont be supported anymore?

Oh never mind was confused. I am already using the WGC. Abbreviations through me off lol

Edited by _Sang
  • Boring 1

Members
2,858 posts
36,666 battles

This is nice. If a certain 510mm BB shows up in a super container for me being one of the few that got on board when WGC was first introduced, then no questions asked. :cap_win:

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
edit
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,788 battles

So basically there is patch coming out on the 20th of May and any one that has the old launcher that downloads the patch will get the WGC no matter what.

• Boring 1

Members
4,352 posts
11,269 battles
Just now, tm63au said:

So basically there is patch coming out on the 20th of May and any one that has the old launcher that downloads the patch will get the WGC no matter what.

More likely there’s going to be a patch coming out that will only download on the WGC so the old standalone client will no longer have the same version as the server

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,788 battles
3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

More likely there’s going to be a patch coming out that will only download on the WGC so the old standalone client will no longer have the same version as the server

No I think from how read it we are getting the WGC.

" All players currently using the Launcher will automatically be moved to the WGC."

That's what it says in the news webpage

[MSW]
Members
1 post
8,975 battles

Hi! I first downloaded the game in my Steam platform. Then I downloaded it also at the Game Center. Now I can login from Steam or from the Game Center. I also have the PT on the Game Center. I do not know what is the Launcher mentioned on the recent news, that will not be working from May 20th. My question is: will I still be able to play on my Steam platform? I have all my money in that wallet to purchase at Premium Shop.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,749 posts
21,520 battles
20 minutes ago, Spittingskull said:

Hi! I first downloaded the game in my Steam platform. Then I downloaded it also at the Game Center. Now I can login from Steam or from the Game Center. I also have the PT on the Game Center. I do not know what is the Launcher mentioned on the recent news, that will not be working from May 20th. My question is: will I still be able to play on my Steam platform? I have all my money in that wallet to purchase at Premium Shop.

WoWs used to have a standalone launcher before the WGC was introduced. You've been using the WGC so should not see an impact. Those who have continued to use the standalone launcher will be "forced" to use the WGC to get game updates. The standalone launcher is being retired.

Edited by Khafni

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
196 posts
6,119 battles

I came here to sell popcorn to all those will feast upon the impotent rage of the launcher martyrs.

[PVE]
Members
4,258 posts
18,597 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Stay tuned for more exciting news on the WGC. Don’t miss out on your in-game prize!

I hate to sound cynical but, your team's concept of exciting and our concept of exciting seem to be diametrically opposed most days....  This past year has been bleak to say the most and so many have left the game that I knew it's stunning....

Sure, I'll take a single camo for free because that is all the rewards we get in the events anymore.....   How did such a strong small niche, strong and mature IP fall so far?    Reap what you sow is the answer.  2019 killed all expectations we had.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts

WGC is an over-bloated steaming pile of crap, every time I have tried it I end up going back to the classic WoWs launcher.

I have NO interest in other WG titles and I don't appreciate being forced over to WGC as I don't consider it fit for purpose.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Members
2 posts
2,745 battles
25 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I hate to sound cynical but, your team's concept of exciting and our concept of exciting seem to be diametrically opposed most days....  This past year has been bleak to say the most and so many have left the game that I knew it's stunning....

Sure, I'll take a single camo for free because that is all the rewards we get in the events anymore.....   How did such a strong small niche, strong and mature IP fall so far?    Reap what you sow is the answer.  2019 killed all expectations we had.

Nothing's perfect and opposed to some other games I play, (Bluehole, looking at you), this platform is run pretty well.

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

I have had WGC for quite a while now, so far no issues.

[90TH]
Beta Testers
249 posts
7,665 battles

Just laughing at those that call WGC a bloated mess..... Clearly they've never downloaded it

• Cool 2

[TBW]
Members
10,287 posts
17,483 battles
1 hour ago, UncannyTransmition said:

What a disaster, the wgc is a big fat mess.

I never had a problem with it, I don't use it to launch the game anyway. I use it just for updates and I launch with the EXE file.

Members
2 posts
2,745 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

I never had a problem with it, I don't use it to launch the game anyway. I use it just for updates and I launch with the EXE file.

I use the launcher since I play Warplanes sometimes and I have never had an issue either.

I always wonder what peoples threshhold is for complaining about a feature or program... I come from the DOS days so I think i'm just a little more resiliant towards buggy programs and troubleshooting.

• Funny 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,101 posts
18,680 battles

Hapa do you mean  that all these game problems everyone keeps reporting   are all gonna be fixed and we all get compensated for disconnections , penaltys  that we didn't deserve  and slow/delays  will all be sorted out   as well as the rest of the stuff that's been reported . 

And not forgetting WG are actually going to admit everything has been there fault instead of blameing the problems on players computer set up .

oh and will they eventually be admitting that the new year event was   a mistake how they  did it  and wont repeat  that again 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,508 posts
17 minutes ago, Platnumsniper said:

Just laughing at those that call WGC a bloated mess..... Clearly they've never downloaded it

It is blotted in comparison to the  streamlined WoWs classic launcher, both in drive space and RAM space, and the fact it is forcibly installed on the C: drive with no seaming option to manually force it to install in its entirety on some other drive.

The last I tried WGC was in early Feb, it is a steaming pile of crap made worse by the fact I don't need it as I WONT EVER play ANY of their other games.

• Cool 4

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
5 posts
15,461 battles

Sorry to say that all too many of your updates are for your benefit, NOT ours. I have been with you guys since the beginning and in 1/2 the cases there was an improvement to the game. But in a lot of upgrades there has been NO improvement but your desire to make more money for yourselves (case in point read my entry about coop battles the point system you entered). When I tried to make a report about these issues, all I receive is more stupid replies from your staff, or there is noting we can do. If you were so concerned about us, then WHY don't you put a contact phone number so that we can talk to a human rather than a BOT!

• Cool 3

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

They are stealing the use of the word "exciting" from Elite Dangerous. :Smile_facepalm: