Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

EU DD Event Part 3 Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

35 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles

So part 3 of the early access EU DD event is upon us this AM. I found this to be a reasonably easy stage. Lots of BB's out for the secondary hit missions which made it easier to complete. Used GK and Republique and it only took a handful of games. Harugumo, Smolensk, and Minotaur finished off the main gun hit mission. The other 3 I completed to finish the stage (60 fires/spotted/incapacitation, 5 kills, and 75K Capt XP) were finished as incidental while doing the other 2. Well, I needed one extra game to finish the Capt XP one (@HamptonRoads) was in that one. Both of us in Oland. I also finished off the KOTS mission for T10's along the way this morning as well.

So with the tokens I got from the 6 crates today, + what I had already, and + a lucky 250 token drop in the armory bundle waiting for me I was able to get the T9 Ostergotland. Now I can finish the mission (Svenska Marinen) as I now have all 5 of the early access EU DD's. I want that T10 perma camo for Halland for completing it. I am not a huge fan of these EU DD's but I always finish tech tree lines (I am OCD LOL). Not having to buy the T10 perma or any of the other perma's is nice (I did spend some doubloons for bundles so probably a wash).

Now I have to finish the Oland's mission (13,000/22,500) and then get the Ostergotland one done (27,500). But OMG it is so tedious playing these so much due to the high BXP required. I will be SO HAPPY when I am done with the camo missions. I think WG set the BXP amounts too high this time. I think they should have increased by 2000 not 5000 each time.  :Smile_sceptic:

But onward we go. Will use any extra tokens I wind up with for those EU camo's which are good for Co-op. Was running low on my Hunter ones which hae same bonus.

How goes it for all of you?

f0FOOVi.jpg

n0ThmOD.jpg

• Cool 2

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

There is a EU DD event?

Huh....an event concerning ships I don't really care to get.

Back to preparing for the Russian Cruiser split.

• Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,456 battles

You need to change your screen name to AdmiralWonder.

[DOG]
Members
691 posts
11,820 battles

I have no idea how you got so many tokens. I've finished the first 2 directives and the daily collections (for logging in) and have gotten a total of 530 tokens.  Sitting at 330 after getting the Visby (I would have liked to skip buying it but looks like you have to acquire them sequentially).  As in all of these new ship introductions I have NEVER gotten a tier 7 or higher ship and have had to research from Tier 6 (and hence have not made a lot of progress - simply because I'm not enamored with the quirks of their play). However, I understand the high tier ones are that carrot on the grind of the stick. Too bad I don't want that carrot so bad.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
54 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I think WG set the BXP amounts too high this time.

They should have either set them lower or given us until the end of 0.9.3 to do them, for anyone who pulls a high-tier ship at the 11 th hour. @Hapa_Fodder, can you apply any pressure up the line to make them think about this, given that we can't accelerate these grinds with flags and are bound to do them in the particular ships?

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,498 posts
13,885 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They should have either set them lower or given us until the end of 0.9.3 to do them, for anyone who pulls a high-tier ship at the 11 th hour. @Hapa_Fodder, can you apply any pressure up the line to make them think about this, given that we can't accelerate these grinds with flags and are bound to do them in the particular ships?

I can pass this feedback up, yes. I do not know what is coming in the future for these perma camo's however. Just FYI.

-Hapa

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
12 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

I have no idea how you got so many tokens. I've finished the first 2 directives and the daily collections (for logging in) and have gotten a total of 530 tokens.  Sitting at 330 after getting the Visby (I would have liked to skip buying it but looks like you have to acquire them sequentially).  As in all of these new ship introductions I have NEVER gotten a tier 7 or higher ship and have had to research from Tier 6 (and hence have not made a lot of progress - simply because I'm not enamored with the quirks of their play). However, I understand the high tier ones are that carrot on the grind of the stick. Too bad I don't want that carrot so bad.

I got  4X 140 drops from the crates and I got 4X 250 drops from armory bundles which was a big chunk of it.

[DOG]
Members
691 posts
11,820 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I got  4X 140 drops from the crates and I got 4X 250 drops from armory bundles which was a big chunk of it.

Mostly I get 10, 30, 40. Had 2x 140. Opposite ends of RNG for me (as always). Enjoy your ships.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
6 minutes ago, dashtardly said:

Mostly I get 10, 30, 40. Had 2x 140. Opposite ends of RNG for me (as always). Enjoy your ships.

I usually have good RNG with missions drops and such. Thanks and hope you do better. :Smile_honoring:

[PMWC1]
Members
165 posts
5,264 battles

I agree on the base xp requirements.

I will be buying doubloon bundles if necessary after I get the 6 directive crates today. 

I think I need 2 weeks instead of 1 for the Östergötland grind.

[EQRN]
Members
2,025 posts
17,405 battles

If you have the Friesland, easiest set of Directives ever.  While chasing down 15 plane kill, 3 other ones were finished (kill 5, 60 fires/etc, 1200 main battery hits).  Then it was Mass and Bis for secondaries.  Less than 2 hours to complete.  Got totally hosed by the containers for tokens, but that’s another matter.

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

About 2/3 through Directive three.  We'll see what tokens I get but, unlike @AdmiralThunder, I could have the only ticket in a one ticket lottery and now get drawn....  If I had a tin foil hat I'd swear that our host has me on the "insure he suffers" list !

The rest is easy work of the Directive and I should have enough for the Tier 7.................but, I'll have to grind the rest of the week for the camo!!!    Where's the Rum bottle......or, bourbon.....or, Scotch.........anything to ease that burden.

[PMWC1]
Members
165 posts
5,264 battles

Just got my containers...  90 tokens in 6 crates. 😂

Members
4,335 posts
11,177 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I usually have good RNG with missions drops and such. Thanks and hope you do better. :Smile_honoring:

Can I just say I hate your RNG?

With pretty much every single early access event, like Asym and dashtardly, my RNG just says no. I got Furious during the RN CV event through lots of grinding and was somehow able to unlock the t5 and 6 for the Russian BBs, but beside that I’ve normally had terrible drops. So far probably the two times I’ve actually had good RNG were during the RN CA event (got Surrey as my first and only doubloon bundle) and my EU crates last night (finally got a single 140 crate, with the rest so far being mostly 10 and 20). In fact I sometimes joke with a few clanmates that I could open a crate with a guaranteed chance to drop a premium ship and somehow crate RNGesus gives me only camos instead. 

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
15 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Can I just say I hate your RNG?

With pretty much every single early access event, like Asym and dashtardly, my RNG just says no. I got Furious during the RN CV event through lots of grinding and was somehow able to unlock the t5 and 6 for the Russian BBs, but beside that I’ve normally had terrible drops. So far probably the two times I’ve actually had good RNG were during the RN CA event (got Surrey as my first and only doubloon bundle) and my EU crates last night (finally got a single 140 crate, with the rest so far being mostly 10 and 20). In fact I sometimes joke with a few clanmates that I could open a crate with a guaranteed chance to drop a premium ship and somehow crate RNGesus gives me only camos instead. 

kKaymkg.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

Yeah, I am pretty lucky with that kind of stuff. Last time RNG said nope to me was during the RU BB event. I got all the tech tree BB's but didn't get Lenin. 

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles
1 hour ago, DM31 said:

I will be buying doubloon bundles if necessary after I get the 6 directive crates today. 

I would advocate not spending doubloons to obtain a tech-tree pre-release UNLESS it delivers, guaranteed and without further effort, a permacamo that I would have to spend at least that many dubs to get if I bought it later.

For example: why spend 2000 dubs (just for argument's sake) to unlock the T7 just so you can doom yourself to grinding tens of thousands of BXP under the gun and maybe miss out if real life screws up your gaming? Grind out the T7 when she goes live, at leisure with no time pressure, and buy a standard permacamo for her that does exactly the same thing for exactly the same number of doubloons.

I could try my luck at the bundles, or I could realise that with the Visby's permacamo in hand and on the ship, 15K dubs would get me permacamos all the way up to Halland. Meanwhile, how many 1K doubloon packages would I have to buy in order to guarantee the T6 to T9 ships, and could I be guaranteed to get all of the grinding done before the permacamo missions went away?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[BUOY]
Members
994 posts
14,458 battles

Bought Smaland with FXP I had on hand, so I only have to hit 1200 tokens to get the Halland's permaflage. And thankfully I've been lucky with crates, pulling 4x140's and the majority of the rest being 30's and 40's. With the third directive down I'm at 1100 tokens so even if it's nothing but 10's from here on out, I won't have to plop down 1k dubs for the 20 token bundle staring at me in the armory (and hope it was followed by something more substantial).

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles

Oland's camo mission is now done. That means my T5-T8 camo missions are all done. OMG what a grind. :Smile_ohmy:

Just have to do the T9 one now but it's 27K BXP and will suck. :Smile_child::Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

3TUOmFa.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oland's camo mission is now done. That means my T5-T8 camo missions are all done. OMG what a grind. :Smile_ohmy:

Just have to do the T9 one now but it's 27K BXP and will suck. :Smile_child::Smile_sad::Smile_sceptic::Smile_facepalm:

3TUOmFa.jpg

I finished Directive three and received in six crates: 140 or so tokens; and, what ever the amount was I had exactly 600 all things said and done.  Picked up the Tier 7 and now, there is the elephant in the game: 17, 500 BXP.

A question:  how are you grinding these huge amounts of BXP so fast???  How many flags are you flying???   I can't seem to get more than 300 BXP a match and that would make me play nearly 60 games in one ship??  I'd appreciate some advice on how to grind this out???   Thanks.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
8 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I finished Directive three and received in six crates: 140 or so tokens; and, what ever the amount was I had exactly 600 all things said and done.  Picked up the Tier 7 and now, there is the elephant in the game: 17, 500 BXP.

A question:  how are you grinding these huge amounts of BXP so fast???  How many flags are you flying???   I can't seem to get more than 300 BXP a match and that would make me play nearly 60 games in one ship??  I'd appreciate some advice on how to grind this out???   Thanks.

You can't boost BXP with anything (ie; flags, camo, etc...). It's a set amount based on what you did in the game.

I just spam games one after another while trying not to lose my mind. 

When BXP is my goal I concentrate on things that will boost it like capping, ignoring same or lower tier ships for higher tier ones (targeting I mean), going for DD's 1st, then Cruisers, and BB's last, try and position myself to get plane kills if a CV is in the game, etc...

Looks like I averaged 395 BXP a game (57 in it). Had some 500 and 600 ones and a best of 846 (last one when I only need less than 100 BXP to finish mission LOL :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
645 posts
18,795 battles

For the directive, I finished 3 of the 5 needed to complete it.  I am almost done with Big Guns and about 2/3rds of the way done with the Capt Exp.  Tomorrow's play will finish those two off.

So far with all of the tokens I got (640 from 12 crates) I got the T5 and T6.  I only did this because I wanted the T6 since it served in the Polish Navy.  I asked in a different thread if this ship could fly the Polish flag, and the answer is No, it cannot.  ( @Hapa_Fodder - FYI because I believe you responded in that other post on this).

In any event, I will sell off the Visby next week and keep the T6.  I will spend the rest of the tokens on something else.  I have no interest in DDs.

I will start thinking about Russians and their cruisers.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,553 posts
8,489 battles

kills and spots/incaps done.  20K in to commander XP, 1.5 mil in to credits, about half of MB hits and 1/3 of secondary batter hits.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,977 posts
14,272 battles

With the exception of a couple of random games in a T8 CV (to make it more affordable in credits), I finished the 5 kills, 1200 main gun hits and 60 fires, spots and incapacitations in Co-op. Also got through 1.9M of the cash mission and almost 28.5K of the captain XP.

Smolensk continues to be one of the most useful ships I ever spent coal on, and the same goes for Scharnhorst with respect to money.

Carriers are great for farming spotting ribbons, and everyone who doesn't get airsick when they play them should have at least one T6 for this purpose.

I expect to finish the secondary hits tomorrow night; and hopefully the money mission as well, to close out Directive 3.

[PVE]
Members
11,783 posts
24,411 battles
12 hours ago, kyesac said:

For the directive, I finished 3 of the 5 needed to complete it.  I am almost done with Big Guns and about 2/3rds of the way done with the Capt Exp.  Tomorrow's play will finish those two off.

So far with all of the tokens I got (640 from 12 crates) I got the T5 and T6.  I only did this because I wanted the T6 since it served in the Polish Navy.  I asked in a different thread if this ship could fly the Polish flag, and the answer is No, it cannot.  ( @Hapa_Fodder - FYI because I believe you responded in that other post on this).

In any event, I will sell off the Visby next week and keep the T6.  I will spend the rest of the tokens on something else.  I have no interest in DDs.

I will start thinking about Russians and their cruisers.

Maybe someone will do a mod for it in time as they have with the Pan Asian line. Right now all you can mount is the EU flag or the Swedish flag on it.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,467 posts
24,638 battles

Finished 3 and got 6 containers, 140 tokens out of the 6 containers... nice RNG huh. Just as well as I think the Visby is a heap of steaming dingo turds and I have no enthusiasm to play it to get the camo or indeed to get the eventual T6. I foretell my net tokens for this event after Directive 4 will be less than that required to buy the next DD in the line. Shove it!

Sign in to follow this