Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arathus_1

Position

4 comments in this topic

[MLC]
Members
29 posts
8,862 battles

A friend and I play mostly CO-OP,  in division a lot. For some reason, about 90% of the time, we are placed in the middle to start. The times I play solo, mostly I'm placed on one side or the other, just wondering if this is common.

[CK5]
Members
1,369 posts
14,288 battles

It could have more to do with the type of ship you are playing.  I have noticed that BBs get placed in the center more often than not.  

[-K-]
Members
8,330 posts
14,084 battles

The matchmaking system attempts to place division mates as close together as possible at the start of a match.

When you go solo, MM is free to place you randomly where it likes in the spawn area, depending on what type of ship you're using (ie: DDs in front, BBs in back, etc).

Members
2,779 posts
36,491 battles

Yep, it's mostly random. However, there were times that in my BB, being placed on the far left or right alone was kind of fishy. Because it usually happens after I just finished a monster match of wholesale fatalities with many sunk, damage numbers high, and lead the board with XP.

Players would run to that lonely side as that is the unlucky side for any player.  It usually ends up with 6 bots pushing to you and is the reason players will rush to that side. The players have seen the pattern and understand that the bots like solo ships to the point that if one is found, they all attack it. For players on the middle to opposite side, it means being out of position and missing an opportunity to sink ships due to range.

So if you are stuck outside alone, worry and proceed with caution. In a cruiser, it's quick deletion. In a BB, it's slow cooked inevitable demise. In a DD, it's being chased to the map edge like you stole something. In a CV, it's being summarily executed for CV crimes by bots. Oddly this happens followed by players laughing and the occasional shimakaze saying: "Hah! Burn the CV bots and make him die slow!" Of course the shimakaze player just had a flashback and got carried away watching even a team mate CV meet a horrible end, but I understand, CVs are well despised.

LOL 🤣

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this