You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
rafael_azuaje

Smaland missiles & rockets

18 comments in this topic

[TFP]
Members
931 posts
30,915 battles

I was seeing that the smaland has 2 anti ship missiles, and also launches rockets in each main turret, because WG does not use that ??? re a graphic interface to offer the amination of those weapons? I find it very poor that a ship that looks super cool has weapons of decoration.

how to use those weapons:
1 HE projectile
2 AP projectile
3 torpedoes
4 Missiles (destroyer must be stopped to select target) similar as select when using secondaries on battleships.
5 rockets

damage margin 4000 max per missile with 60% fire and a recharge of 3 min.

rockets maximum damage 1500 by rockets with 30% of fire, or 2000 maximum damage if AP with a recharge of 2.3 minutes.

This is to not only improve smalag, but also to create a new way of playing, and I know that many players will like the idea. Cheers....

Bild-9.jpg

HMS_Smaland,_missile_and_torpedo_launchers.jpg

HMS_Smaland,_radar_and_missiles.jpg

IMG_3296.JPG

7280847284_125d331ff0_b.jpg

HMS_Smaland,_aft_120_mm_turret.jpg

Destroyer_Smaland,_anti_aircraft_gun.jpg

c63feac81f3963f1ca27dab1857a98793864fddbb8f185cc0a580f2d4a85be6b.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
2,118 posts
6,338 battles

This game is focused and based on Naval guns, during from around the WW1 and WW2 Era. Modern weapons have no place here..

• Boring 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,098 posts
19,199 battles
59 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

This game is focused and based on Naval guns, during from around the WW1 and WW2 Era. Modern weapons have no place here..

Then tell me why we have all these 50's era Soviet ships in the game? (as well as many other nations which have post WW2 ships.) We already have torps, planes, radar, hydro, etc .... certainly at this point missiles aren't going to break the game (especially if they home in on active radar or CVs.)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,139 posts
18,987 battles

Depending on implementation, rockets could be anything from completely worthless to a situational gimmick to ludicrously OP. The thing I think is more important than "but they're 50s technology waah waah" is "do we really expect WG to be able to implement them fairly and make them balanced, when they're still struggling with CVs and are still nowhere near making submarines workable"?

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
261 posts
9,175 battles

@rafael_azuaje, thank you! You have a great "eye" for taking photos.

I did not know that Småland is a museum today. Are these photos of a recent date? Can one enter the interior of the ship, or only the outside?

• Cool 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,607 posts
19,739 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

Depending on implementation, rockets could be anything from completely worthless to a situational gimmick to ludicrously OP. The thing I think is more important than "but they're 50s technology waah waah" is "do we really expect WG to be able to implement them fairly and make them balanced, when they're still struggling with CVs and are still nowhere near making submarines workable"?

I do recall Big Boss man saying that other gaming options are open for any genre. Remember subs were "never ever" before within WoWS designs. IF WG wanted to, they could make a separate version of WoWS game which would have guided missiles such as  Exocets, Harpoons, etc. The question is if there is a big enough market for it.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

About 2 years ago when the did the Russian dd line split WG tested missile dd. Wg made a video hinting about it but decided not to add then at that time.

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,313 battles

I find it more ridiculous that stupid anti-submarine launchers block the front turret from firing forward. The launcher is useless, we have no submarines in the game and even if we did, there won't be a game mechanic to use these against them. Just a placeholder handicapping the ship. Not an issue on Friesland or other EU DDs (except Halland).

[-KIA-]
Members
2,290 posts
14,205 battles
11 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

I find it more ridiculous that stupid anti-submarine launchers block the front turret from firing forward. The launcher is useless, we have no submarines in the game and even if we did, there won't be a game mechanic to use these against them. Just a placeholder handicapping the ship. Not an issue on Friesland or other EU DDs (except Halland).

Pretty sure they don't block the turret arcs on the front turret.

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,313 battles
Just now, thegamefilmguruman said:

Pretty sure they don't block the turret arcs on the front turret.

They do. I own Smaland and I can't fire straight forward unless at high angle.

[-KIA-]
Members
2,290 posts
14,205 battles
Just now, Banished_Privateer said:

They do. I own Smaland and I can't fire straight forward unless at high angle.

I also own Smaland and have never noticed this.

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,313 battles
18 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

I also own Smaland and have never noticed this.

Just go and test it. It will tell you you can't fire. Guns need to be elevated at a high angle. The problem does not occur on Friesland and other Euro-DDs with no anti-sub launchers on the bow.

[-KIA-]
Members
2,290 posts
14,205 battles
2 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

Just go and test it. It will tell you you can't fire. Guns need to be elevated at a high angle. The problem does not occur on Friesland and other Euro-DDs with no anti-sub launchers on the bow.

I'll have a go at that after work.  

[TFP]
Members
931 posts
30,915 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

In my personal opinion, if Wg does not take action to improve the game, print more graphic animations that are missing the game a LOT! I REMEMBER THAT Silent Hunther 4 from 2005 was a simple similiar of submarines vs. warship, and Russian fans began to infrared mods where the player could use ships, battleships, even ships and summaries with missiles and collaborators created animations for him.

[-KIA-]
Members
2,290 posts
14,205 battles
7 hours ago, Banished_Privateer said:

Test complete. 7.44km is the cutoff it looks like.  Screenshots for the other doubters like me:shot-20_03.23_17_52.51-0727.thumb.jpg.d51329201c6ea89c281c526c4bb305e7.jpg
shot-20_03.23_17_52.46-0868.thumb.jpg.d0131850d5f411018aa7caee89fc5a89.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARCO]
Members
833 posts
1,287 battles

Un "thegamethatsholdnotbenamed" there is a Russian ship that gets Katiushas instead of a gun. They are useless except at blank point range.

[CVA16]
Members
5,391 posts
16,202 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, Tpaktop2_1 said:

The question is if there is a big enough market for it.

Especially since much of that market would be drawn from existing WOWS players. That would mean fewer players playing standard WOWS. WG is already trying to find ways to drive the PVE players to play PVP to keep that population up (like  cutting scenarios and cutting rewards for the ones they keep).