You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Go4U

World of Warships Ping Test

6 comments in this topic

[LUJSV]
Members
114 posts
17,727 battles

I'm sharing a website that "seems" that checks the connection status from your site to World of Warships.

Check your Ping to World of Warships Ping Test

I hope that Technical Support validate this website, because I found it very useful. From now on, I will check the status before play and will not break my head thinking what is going wrong.

I bet that the internet connection will vary from country to country, city to city... as I wrote "seems" that check your local connection to the remote server of WOW.

I would like to suggest to WOW that give the chance to select different servers, as other on line games does.
So, you can see that which server is overloaded and which is not.
Just a tought...
I have no idea if the game select always the same server or looks for better alternatives.

Screenshot_3.png

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,539 battles

The WOWS web site itself never had any issue, but for those who do, I guess its a useful tool..

This tool, is not an indication for the gaming servers in your area...

• Cool 2

[LUJSV]
Members
114 posts
17,727 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

The WOWS web site itself never had any issue, but for those who do, I guess its a useful tool..
This tool, is not an indication for the gaming servers in your area...

> The WOWS web site itself never had any issue,
> but for those who do, I guess its a useful tool..

I'm refering to the server status. Not to the website. The server that gives the host to the website.

> This tool, is not an indication for the
> gaming servers in your area...

I'm doing several test to differents sites, like Google, Amazon and other games... Seems... (I say "seems") to has the same value as I entry when I do
c:\>ping www.worldofwarships.com /t
From DOS command.

Members
4,352 posts
11,259 battles

A few years back there was a support article for both WoT (on the EU server) and WoWP (NA server) about using PingPlotter to check your connection to the actual game server (tanks listed the IP for the EU server, planes said to contact support for the IP). I've never seen an article for WoWS on any of the regions talking about PingPlotter, but I know several players that have had connection issues over the years have had support request PingPlotter results during the course of the ticket, so it's probably similar to planes where they want you to contact support for the IP rather than just post it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,296 posts
10,873 battles

This again.

There are no physical WoWs servers. Just some virtual servers running in a data center some where that's hosted. WoWs doesnt need to upgrade a processor or a NIC card.

When you run ping you are not seeing how fast the WoWs server farm is responding. You are seeing the slowest link in the chain from your ISP to the host running the WoWs farm. 99% of the time it's a congested pier network link. If you are on cable internet - that's the problem. Their networks are designed for consumers pulling video streaming one way, not latency sensitive game streaming. Ping plotter and similar tools dont show you what you think they do.

If you dont believe me run a constant ping to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) while gaming and you will notice when WoWs has problems with lag so does your ping latency to google. It's your ISP.

• Cool 1

[LUJSV]
Members
114 posts
17,727 battles
11 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

If you dont believe me run a constant ping to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) while gaming and you will notice when WoWs has problems with lag so does your ping latency to google. It's your ISP.

Thank you for your answer. And your patience. As you know, we are irritable because the city lockdown due the covid19.  (9 days ans counting to 14 days) Yes! I know that my ISP is the major responsable for bad connections. I just wondered if as other on line games, could be a way to choose another server. But your answer explaned all. Once again, thank you!