Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

What one thing teammates do that frustrate the hell out of you....

64 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
1,785 posts
12,886 battles

I need to do some healthy venting....

For me it's players with radar boats that don't use the radar when it is obviously needed... (Like your DDs are knife fighting red DDs that just smoked up at close range)  I feel that if you can't properly operate a radar boat, you should pick another kind and leave the radar boats for someone who understands how to use them.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

The [edited] who sail around ramming immobile teammates at the start of the game. They are completely free from penalty because the in game system does not count damage below a % threshold of total hp.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles

Its a whole list of grievances against certain play styles.

• Radar ships hoarding consumables.
  • DDs hoarding smoke or using smoke for self preservation
  • People not playing their ship role correctly
    • LIKE BBs who cant aim correctly
    • Cruisers who cant hunt DDs, sink cruisers or burn BBs. 
  • Players using failed tactics.
  • Players who refuse to use Map awareness as a personal skill

This is only the tip of the ice berg... But its enough to drive anyone batty.

• Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
3,053 posts
8,311 battles
1 hour ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Leaving the side they spawned on as soon as the game starts.

Like, WHY?

So they can join the potato lemming ball while leaving that flank wide open, of course!

Then a minute later you have 3 cruisers and 3 BBs running into each other in the same grid square allowing even the most n00b of players to easily land hits.  I'm pretty sure that tactic is in the WOWs new player guide.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
4,693 posts
45,659 battles

Team work. You mention a suggestion and some players will...pause...then don't respond. As if they are using some special magic 8ball for consultation. Usually it's some goober yelling in their discord not to heed advice based on a metric. Then when they use the advice of the goober in the discord who is not in fact playing the game and it doesn't work, then the goober tells the player to start farming.

I found out that several matches in ranked and randoms were done this way.

I want to call it backseat gaming, but it's more complex as an actual committee was used on a player.

Having been informed of this fiasco of a tactic, I had to laugh.

Happily, I did not experience this myself but rather a player informed me of several incidents covering months.

Since I don't discord myself, I was told outside channels of normal communication. As in I am keeping my sources secret because this is juicy stuff and I like the stuff that goes oooff in the wee hours of the server.

The proof was actual games, players involved in the team and the committee backseat. Witnesses were those that had access to the conversations.

I was privy to the conversations and thankfully, nobody I actually know. It would be awkward to see a player in game and know that this goes on.

If the clan that finally realizes that I am referring to them reads this. Just know I found it to be micromanaging a bit on the big scale and absurd.

I will not reveal the clans (plural) as this is too embarrassing to be left out there.

Just think about what you are doing and know that this is funny stuff. Oh, and maybe the security of discords is a bit compromised. The leaker is not a known associate but concerned clan members worried about how this looks.

It's the wierdest thing I have been privy too, but also does make me think of past games I have played.

Now it's got me wondering what goes on in these discord voice chats as a game is underway. LOL

Please, oh for the love of Pete, don't backseat a clan mate in battle with a committee. It's hard enough a game as it is. If you are not in the match, stay out of it. If you want to train a player, then discuss the match after they play. Let the player make the decisions and let them deal with the consequences, you can always analyze the match later on the rights and wrongs done.

This is just a game to escape, there is no pro league. Stop treating it like it's a franchise thing.

Players want to play and have fun. Win or lose, leave it out there, do your best and be the best team mate you can be.

If you have a few laughs then you are doing it right, especially if red laughs along with you.

Lighten up.

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles
2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

The [edited] who sail around ramming immobile teammates at the start of the game. They are completely free from penalty because the in game system does not count damage below a % threshold of total hp.

Or the guys that pull in front of you while your trying to fall back and heal when they had plenty of time and space to pass by you. Or they may even block your path intentionally so that you can get sunk. Not sure why they do this exactly, if I see a dying team mate and a I have plenty of HP I will often not only let they slip by me without harming their HP, but will try to cover them and maybe draw enemy focus from the critically low ally to my ship for a bit instead.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,780 posts
37,585 battles

DDs that don't scout (even with no CVs)

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GLF]
Members
53 posts
26,432 battles

Had a Z52 who objected to the presence of carriers in a match, he said 'later dudes' in chat then disconnected, a saipan who popped fighters on his own location but did nothing else, guessing he objected to being in a T10 match.

So for me, people can learn and improve tactics and skills, so I have a level of tolerance for mistakes, given that I am far from unicum (a term I would like to understand the etymology of).

But there is no cure for dickishness, and that is the behavior that frustrates.

But a Game is just a Game.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,269 posts
12,187 battles

The backseat admiral telling me how to CV that has no clue how to actually CV. Case in point the one yelling at me to spot - only thing left to spot was a group of 3 Smolensk, a red Gearing, and a battleship - basically a suicide run trying to spot as they just stayed i smoke at had lowest possible aerial spotting. They eventually broke up enough trying to track me and the Gearing (who had been way out of place chasing their CV, that he failed to find and kill before turning away to help) and cap points I could go in and spot/attack. Of course Gearing got all the credit, top of the scoreboard with 4 kills because I didn't quite nuke the Smolensk and Gearing when I had the chance cause RNG so he finished him, and I got 3rd and scapegoated as to why we almost lost with the prattle of 'useless' as usual. When of course I out scored the player crying about me not spotting, by a lot.

Seriously, beyond the balance issues both have I just want them to remove team spotting beyond the minimap on planes and the fighter consumable so people will shut the hell up about it. Because it's never the guy who just lot sight of a DD with no smoke at the moment or the BB that got left behind by the team asking for help - no, it's always the guy who charged so far forward that any fighter cover I drop for him gets vaporized by red AA and then complains of no cover from the CV, or the guy that wants me to suicide my planes to spot a max stealth Minotaur so he can get off a salvo and then complain because he vanishes due to either my planes getting vaporized or Mino using smoke, sometimes both, or some other reject who still thinks my job is to babysit them and them alone the whole damn match. Or worse yet 11 of them like that. 5+ years of this stupidity in the rework and RTS it needs to stop. But that would require people actually educating themselves and maybe playing something different beyond tier freaking 4 and at least 50-100 matches.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles

Players who don’t finish off nearly dead ships, allowing them to get away...

Members
273 posts
7,532 battles

Oh geez where to start. 

1) you spawn in front of A. Then proceed to sail all the way across the map to C, and C is either won or lost. 

2) DDs who refuse to cap or spot. DDs who sail on the 1 line and want to get torps on broadside but just spend the entire time hugging the map boarder. 

3) Cruisers not using radar and not offering support for DDs. 

4) BBS who sit 22km back and wait until the end of the game to eat a wall pf torps or sail broadside at the end and lose. 

• Cool 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,262 posts
30,034 battles
41 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

The backseat admiral telling me how to CV that has no clue how to actually CV. Case in point the one yelling at me to spot - only thing left to spot was a group of 3 Smolensk, a red Gearing, and a battleship - basically a suicide run trying to spot as they just stayed i smoke at had lowest possible aerial spotting. They eventually broke up enough trying to track me and the Gearing (who had been way out of place chasing their CV, that he failed to find and kill before turning away to help) and cap points I could go in and spot/attack. Of course Gearing got all the credit, top of the scoreboard with 4 kills because I didn't quite nuke the Smolensk and Gearing when I had the chance cause RNG so he finished him, and I got 3rd and scapegoated as to why we almost lost with the prattle of 'useless' as usual. When of course I out scored the player crying about me not spotting, by a lot.

Seriously, beyond the balance issues both have I just want them to remove team spotting beyond the minimap on planes and the fighter consumable so people will shut the hell up about it. Because it's never the guy who just lot sight of a DD with no smoke at the moment or the BB that got left behind by the team asking for help - no, it's always the guy who charged so far forward that any fighter cover I drop for him gets vaporized by red AA and then complains of no cover from the CV, or the guy that wants me to suicide my planes to spot a max stealth Minotaur so he can get off a salvo and then complain because he vanishes due to either my planes getting vaporized or Mino using smoke, sometimes both, or some other reject who still thinks my job is to babysit them and them alone the whole damn match. Or worse yet 11 of them like that. 5+ years of this stupidity in the rework and RTS it needs to stop. But that would require people actually educating themselves and maybe playing something different beyond tier freaking 4 and at least 50-100 matches.

So you didn't spot a DD and got mad about it, guess you were worried about running out of planes lol. This is what I hate CV that wont spot.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
11,530 battles

When I bump somebody's ship and they take it as a personal attack - or I'm bumped and they say sorry in chat. Grow up, stop wasting chat, and kill bad guys. If you are overly sensitive about your pixel ship being bumped by another you have mental issues.

DD players that charge caps, pop smoke, sit there, and get torped.

People whining at me when in a ship with short range radar and I know I'm  not in range. I'm tired of firing up radar in my Worchester just to show that no, that DD isnt in range but I wasted a charge to prove the point. Good DD players know what your range is and will stay out of it.

The lone wolf DD heading to a cap on his own asking me for assistance. Example: Because there are 3 caps doesnt mean each one needs to be contested. Why the concept of decisive control of two vs fuzzy control of 3 isnt common sense defies me.

DDs or cruisers wasting time lining up for a knife fight torp shot on a low health adversary when they should stay on guns and end him.

Smoke ships popping smoke when theres no assistive spotting so nobody has anything to shoot at.

Divisions of bad players. When his buddy dies it's a moral imperative to die quickly as well.

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles

Teammates not playing the objectives in PVP.  And that encompasses a lot of things, all of which I hate and not sure which would be the worst.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
13,981 posts
29,530 battles

1A) - Randoms or Co-op it doesn't matter = teammates that sail for the map edge and never even try to defend the base in standard mode even when it is being capped.

1B) - Randoms or Co-op it doesn't matter = teammates that die very early on and spend the rest of the game in chat telling those still alive and fighting how much they suck and/or blaming them because they are dead.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[GPORT]
Members
246 posts
14,353 battles

Stop and think about it . its a TEAM effort . In modern warfare its called combined arms. Anybody with military training understands this....sometimes you get to be in the spotlight , sometimes you don't . Each ship has a basic primary and a secondary role to play in the game . Learn to play the ship you chose properly . 

That being said , there are too many people that wanna call the shots that do not have a clue on whats best for the TEAM....they only think of their own "glory".....ie points and kills. 

Then you have the other end of the spectrum where they know its just a game and don't care what they do , they just wanna have fun doing it , and that irritates the ones that have the " must win at any cost " mentality . 

Add to that people that made poor tactical or strategic choices and got stomped right away , they blame everything under the sun EXCEPT their own choice which led to their going poof .

The TEAMS that work together and can adapt to the constantly changing battlefield conditions are the ones that win .

Not everybody can be the Admiral....sometimes you just gotta be a deck-ape . Either way , just do the best you can . Win or lose its just a game .

[AAA]
Members
815 posts
19,495 battles
4 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

Leaving the side they spawned on as soon as the game starts.

Like, WHY?

Of all questionable tactics this is the one that also pisses me off the most.

In my experience they will also head behind an island in such a way that they can't shoot anything, at least in the early game. Eventually they get forced out and start complaining about the trash team that died before them.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

They don't look on Minimap to  basically see what is an actual situation like:

its 1v 6  maybe time to leave sector and run

or don't chase somebody to corner if you see main red fleet going go cap some objective

etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,696 posts
11,804 battles

People who sail right next to you, either by accident or on purpose.  I don't like to have my guns covered up.

• Cool 3

[ROCKR]
Members
359 posts
15,201 battles

I've never understood the use of Hydro when the nearest enemy is 20 km away. Have to add that neither of the long range torpedo boats being present. Or trying to torpedo with 7km range for a 16 km target.

[ANZ4C]
Members
143 posts
8,716 battles

I hate it when I over extend instead of hanging back with the team.

this.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

1. Lemming trains
2.  People going to A on Trap or Okinawa ffs you shouls know by T-10 those two caps will bottle you up and basically render you useless
3. People who do not pay attention to the mini-map
4. Chat Spammers
5. Certain well know CV Players on this Forum who refuse to spot the best AA ships in the game, well not them but the [edited] who needs a boot in the [edited] who is spamming chat telling them to do it (yes it annoys me also to see people saying that) see #4.

[FUNNY]
Members
52 posts
3,852 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its a whole list of grievances against certain play styles.

• Radar ships hoarding consumables.
  • DDs hoarding smoke or using smoke for self preservation
  • People not playing their ship role correctly
    • LIKE BBs who cant aim correctly
    • Cruisers who cant hunt DDs, sink cruisers or burn BBs. 
  • Players using failed tactics.
  • Players who refuse to use Map awareness as a personal skill

This is only the tip of the ice berg... But its enough to drive anyone batty.

Well to be fair  some cruisers (Graf Spee) tank at hunting DD's or burning BB's.....

That being said, for me it's BB captains that are so gun sight focused that they'll ram your ship when you are parked behind an island, then blame you for stopping before shoting you in the citadel... yea, that happened while in my Cleavland, lost half my HP in one salvo...

My other issue is, when using a CV and being asked to play spotter, then people calling my a bad CV when I do that, keeping the Red Team  viable because I don't engage for damage againg three red T10 AA platforms while in my T8 Lexington...

Sign in to follow this