Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
rappdeath

Republique?? What happened?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
5 posts
10,037 battles

Use to love playing this BB, it was awesome.  Now its totally useless.  46 direct hits on cruisers and only 9k in damage?  how realistic is that?

In my last game, went up against a Monty. Over 30 hits broadside on the Monty and only 12K in damage.  

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,798
[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles
2 minutes ago, rappdeath said:

Use to love playing this BB, it was awesome.  Now its totally useless.  46 direct hits on cruisers and only 9k in damage?  how realistic is that?

In my last game, went up against a Monty. Over 30 hits broadside on the Monty and only 12K in damage.  

Blame your aim

Blame the type of cruiser/targets you're aiming for..

Or both..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
324 posts
7 minutes ago, rappdeath said:

how realistic is that?

Did you know? 

That in all World War II, than the accuracy of battleships was only a measly 3% of all shots fired in anger?  

 

Than meant that battleships missed 97% of the time.  WoWS on the other hand, you get more accuracy in every shot.  You ought to be proud of those 30 hits you delivered to that Montana.  :Smile_trollface:

 

Edited by anonym_bleJN7gXeLqd
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,680
[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, rappdeath said:

Use to love playing this BB, it was awesome.  Now its totally useless.  46 direct hits on cruisers and only 9k in damage?  how realistic is that?

In my last game, went up against a Monty. Over 30 hits broadside on the Monty and only 12K in damage.  

Not enough clarifying data to get an accurate answer to that question.

How many awesome battles in the past? Enough that RNG can't be credited w/the success (& likewise credited w/the 1...or 2...battles failures)?

Information...we need information :-)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not enough clarifying data to get an accurate answer to that question.

How many awesome battles in the past? Enough that RNG can't be credited w/the success (& likewise credited w/the 1...or 2...battles failures)?

Information...we need information :-)

I agree we need more information/ data.

Although I mothballed my Republique months ago due to her not performing as well as I would like. And now only use the ship to collect snowflakes at Christmas or a Super container on WOWs  anniversary.

Repuplique’s guns suffer from being rather temperamental which is common on the the French tech tree BBs tier VIII+, the armor is soften when it comes to AP shells, and to top it all off I think they painted the ship with kerosine. AA guns and the speed are main good things now and those can be gotten in other ships. And the guns can hit hard when they decide to work, but that can be found in other ships as well and more reliably so.

So bottle line while we could use more info from the OP, I can already suspect what they may be having trouble with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles
5 hours ago, rappdeath said:

Use to love playing this BB, it was awesome.  Now its totally useless.  46 direct hits on cruisers and only 9k in damage?  how realistic is that?

In my last game, went up against a Monty. Over 30 hits broadside on the Monty and only 12K in damage.  

Without a replay we'll have to assume you are aiming in the wrong spots or hitting damage saturated areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
483
[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

I don't know, I used it in ranked and did't have any real problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
807
[CK5]
Members
1,373 posts
14,328 battles

There has been some discussion on other threads that the point of aim for all ships generally has changed a bit and that shots are falling short.  Nothing has been proved, of course, but some players still swear it is happening.  I believe there has been a change and have started to aim just a little higher - with better results.  It could be a case of collective paranoia - or not.  Whatever works for you, I guess.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,680
[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I agree we need more information/ data.

Although I mothballed my Republique months ago due to her not performing as well as I would like. And now only use the ship to collect snowflakes at Christmas or a Super container on WOWs  anniversary.

Repuplique’s guns suffer from being rather temperamental which is common on the the French tech tree BBs tier VIII+, the armor is soften when it comes to AP shells, and to top it all off I think they painted the ship with kerosine. AA guns and the speed are main good things now and those can be gotten in other ships. And the guns can hit hard when they decide to work, but that can be found in other ships as well and more reliably so.

So bottle line while we could use more info from the OP, I can already suspect what they may be having trouble with.

Your's sounds like an overall review of the ship's performance whereas OP seems to think there's some change between the past & now.

Maybe IFHE armor changes causing more richochets where before those rounds were getting overpens or some such...maybe?

Doesn't account for the Montana scénario bit maybe the cruisers.

Your gasoline may have been somewhat rinsed by the IFHE changes...less fires for those that kept it anyway....but then again it's more fires for hose that ditched it I guess so maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,755 posts
23,311 battles

Took it out in coop and walloped a bot Yammy at 8 km for 6 citadels and a little over 91k damage in that salvo. Maybe RNGesus likes me more than the OP. :cap_hmm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[THREE]
Members
2,400 posts
13,191 battles

Hey

The Republique is not what it used to be by a long shot.  Game manipulation of some sort, that's why for the last two clan battle seasons, you hardly saw a Repub. being used, never saw a Conqueror.  It was clearly  Kremlin, Yamato or lesser numbers of GK's, Montana, Thunderer.   Problem these days are game mechanics for BB are terrible when it comes to the shear numbers of Over pens, ricochets, or no damage especially on cruisers but even on other BB's.  The game is not what it used to be for BB drivers.   It sucks worse for DD players in that dumb rocket planes can nail you for 3-4K a pop and then turn around and hit you again for the same and you lost almost 1/2 your health, then there is radar everywhere or those stupid fast firing guns on newer DD's and your older steadfast DD doesn't have a chance.  But don't worry Wargaming has now Nerf'd IFHE so you will live longer.  Have no fear, Wargaming will balance the game into oblivion.

 

Pete

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,497
[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Your's sounds like an overall review of the ship's performance whereas OP seems to think there's some change between the past & now.

Maybe IFHE armor changes causing more richochets where before those rounds were getting overpens or some such...maybe?

Doesn't account for the Montana scénario bit maybe the cruisers.

Your gasoline may have been somewhat rinsed by the IFHE changes...less fires for those that kept it anyway....but then again it's more fires for hose that ditched it I guess so maybe not.

Unless they did not play the ship for a while and then recently played again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,145
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

Used it in last ranked season  and did pretty well with it to grind UU.   this match  was today.   loss against  very strong team.    good match overall.     I like having the UU in it as I dont' like camping.   prefer to stay between 15-20km  (19.8 max range)      unless I am part of push when i like getting closer.      it is very strong bote to push with.    my  most played t10 BB at the moment.  

shot-20.03.26_20.46.40-0548.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[THREE]
Members
2,400 posts
13,191 battles
On 3/23/2020 at 8:23 AM, PrairiePlayer said:

There has been some discussion on other threads that the point of aim for all ships generally has changed a bit and that shots are falling short.  Nothing has been proved, of course, but some players still swear it is happening.  I believe there has been a change and have started to aim just a little higher - with better results.  It could be a case of collective paranoia - or not.  Whatever works for you, I guess.    

Hey

This is a known problem but it's random when it does it.  I had it in the last CB season where I shot 2 salvo's with the from guns from my Kremlin at another kremlin who must have got disconnected at 8km on the first shot, all of the shells dropped short in the water in front of the ship with a waterline shot.  The second salvo, I raised the gun slightly and fired, all I got was a over pen and a ricochet from 6 guns and I was about 6.5km from the stationary ship.  That was frustrating to say the least.  I have had the same shells suddenly falling short since then but it seams rather RNG based.  Even Flamu has mentioned this in a video of his that I have watch.  It's never used to do this, so onw has to ask what changed?  And of course we hear nothing from Wargaming, and people question game manipulation when it comes up like it's some conspiracy theory, when in fact it does happen.

 

Pete

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[UN1]
Members
1,215 posts
3,652 battles

I have no problem with the accuracy, and I've always averaged pretty decent damage, but I've always struggled to get wins in the Republique.  The same is true for the Gascogne. 

Great damage games, but can't win for the life of me.  Clearly I'm playing it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,145
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I find that if you play long range damage farming, your win rate suffers.  you have to know when to push and deliver alpha  hits and cross fire opportunities if you want to help team win.   why it is not easy to do well and requires great awareness of the map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
On 3/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

This is a known problem but it's random when it does it.  I had it in the last CB season where I shot 2 salvo's with the from guns from my Kremlin at another kremlin who must have got disconnected at 8km on the first shot, all of the shells dropped short in the water in front of the ship with a waterline shot.  The second salvo, I raised the gun slightly and fired, all I got was a over pen and a ricochet from 6 guns and I was about 6.5km from the stationary ship.  That was frustrating to say the least.  I have had the same shells suddenly falling short since then but it seams rather RNG based.  Even Flamu has mentioned this in a video of his that I have watch.  It's never used to do this, so onw has to ask what changed?  And of course we hear nothing from Wargaming, and people question game manipulation when it comes up like it's some conspiracy theory, when in fact it does happen.

 

Pete

This is what i am seeing as well... doesn't happen every shot, but I have had streaks of short shots..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[THREE]
Members
2,400 posts
13,191 battles
1 hour ago, SKurj said:

This is what i am seeing as well... doesn't happen every shot, but I have had streaks of short shots..

Hey

I had it happen a couple times yesterday where shells went short.  I had another game where there were two ship sailing parallel to each other; I aimed for the rear ship which was much lower health, fired my guns and the shells landed at the ship in the foreground, not the ship I aimed for.  They were only maybe a 1/2-3/4km apart and about 6-7km from me.  Clearly the point of impact was not where my cursor had selected when I fired.  Something is going on; another case of game manipulation; was it designed in that way or what?  Again, we get ZERO feedback from Wargaming.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
140
[AK-49]
Members
369 posts
7,242 battles

I just got this ship last night  and I've been happy with her but I don't have the previous releases to compare her against.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×