Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skidmark_01

The new rank system does not favor cv's.

27 comments in this topic

Members
215 posts
5,328 battles

The reason of this post is to address the overwhelming bias against CV's in this rank season . 
The reason is simple getting to rank 1 is nearly impossible unless you have a stable team that knows what they are doing.
The damage output cv's get off rarely hits #1 in the team departement unless your a salem,worcester, Smolensk your guarantee to keep your star regardless of the team performance
one small mistake for a cv and its almost guarantee a loss of a star.
Unless your placed with good players which really is a toss of the coin every game ends up being the cv's fault no matter what happens and being insulted ,lose of Karma can test anyone humor.
I,ve fought my way to rank 5,4  four times at a hair breath from 4 to get a new team and voila.... instant loss and next thing i know im back at 6 with players screaming attention and split up like a banana split hoping i can save them .
So when someone send you a text out of game to tell you to stop playing rank ..You want to just hurt someone real bad.
So i play at my discretion i mute everyone and just play as best i can. WG, thanks for the flag and the loss of Karma not that it matters.
From now on i'll mute everyone in game no matter who it is and just play. NO Screaming, no insults..just me playing.
WG you penalise the CV players and have the player base insult us and we get harassments so ya good job .

Edited by Skidmark_01
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles
5 minutes ago, Skidmark_01 said:

The reason of this post is to address the overwhelming bias against CV's in this rank season . 
The reason is simple getting to rank 1 is nearly impossible unless you have a stable team that knows what they are doing.
The damage output cv's get off rarely hits #1 in the team departement unless your a salem,worcester, Smolensk your guarantee to keep your star regardless of the team performance
Unless your placed with good players which really is a toss of the coin every game ends up being the cv's fault no matter what happens and being insulted ,lose of Karma can test anyone humor.
I,ve fought my way to rank 5,4  four times at a hair breath from 4 to get a new team and voila.... instant loss and next thing i know im back at 6 with players screaming attention and split up like a banana split hoping i can save them .
So when someone send you a text out of game to tell you to stop playing rank ..You want to just hurt someone real bad.
So i play at my discretion i mute everyone and just play as best i can. WG, thanks for the flag and the loss of Karma not that it matters.
From now on i'll mute everyone in game no matter who it is and just play. NO Screaming, no insults..just me playing.
WG you penalise the CV players and have the player base insult us and we get harassments so ya good job .

Actually, the Heal Buff disproportionately affects the CV's planes.  After 2 buffs, planes become nearly impossible to kill with continuous damage.  This can allow CVs like the Hakuryu to circle an isolated target and get a full 6 attacks off on it... the current CV design is balanced around planes being breakable and this ranked season cracks that balance in half.

I ranked out with a 67% winrate.

Make sure you're using fighters, because planes are incredibly hard to kill late game.  Try to inspire your teammates to have an AA buddy.  They only need one additional ship to provide enough AA to retain the balancing concept CVs are based on.  Those two things can be incredibly effective at boosting your winrate.

Ranked15.png

• Confused 2

Members
215 posts
5,328 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

Actually, the Heal Buff disproportionately affects the CV's planes.  After 2 buffs, planes become nearly impossible to kill with continuous damage.  This can allow CVs like the Hakuryu to circle an isolated target and get a full 6 attacks off on it... the current CV design is balanced around planes being breakable and this ranked season cracks that balance in half.

I ranked out with a 67% winrate.

Make sure you're using fighters, because planes are incredibly hard to kill late game.  Try to inspire your teammates to have an AA buddy.  They only need one additional ship to provide enough AA to retain the balancing concept CVs are based on.  Those two things can be incredibly effective at boosting your winrate.

Ranked15.png

Placing fighters is not the issue and the best players have ranked up so what's left is a toss up. Hacks are a good cv but when the team takes all the heals then its pretty much game over for the cv since the player can restore his life and everything is to start over.
Anyway i,ve been gaining and losing a start in a back and forth motion and the players playing cv are limited at best beyon rank 5.
Tired man after 120 flags spent the only good thing was a new captain and and 1st fleet flag.... guess its ok, next season i'll start early at least i'll fare better.
But i was serious about the muting. People will scream all they want but i'll end up just playing .
WG has encourage this hatred for Cv's for too long. 

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
1 minute ago, Skidmark_01 said:

WG has encourage this hatred for Cv's for too long. 

And it's not gonna change. They made the class a greifer class and well.... Yeah. You're right to just mute them however.

• Boring 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles

The blanket XP nerf was a dumb move -- Had they lowered the operating costs by 15% as well, perhaps there could be a remote wayward justification -- but they didn't.  Still over 300k+ costs to run.

• Cool 1

Members
215 posts
5,328 battles
4 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

And it's not gonna change. They made the class a greifer class and well.... Yeah. You're right to just mute them however.

Trolling for people to get mad is unacceptable and your part of the problem.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
Just now, Skidmark_01 said:

I'm not trolling. Everything I've said it true. CV's have it easy in most modes. They are a greifer class and there is nothing that is suddenly gonna make other none CV players like them. Simple as that. I say that as someone who is very good and plays a lot of rework CV's. If you don't like the truth. Then that's your issue. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles
1 minute ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

I'm not trolling. Everything I've said it true. CV's have it easy in most modes. They are a greifer class and there is nothing that is suddenly gonna make other none CV players like them. Simple as that. I say that as someone who is very good and plays a lot of rework CV's. If you don't like the truth. Then that's your issue. 

There's nothing easy about having to control a ship via a busted [edited]broken waypoint system that's hellbent on getting the ship sunk...

• Confused 1

Members
215 posts
5,328 battles

4 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

I don't consider myself a griefer and i play only Cv's... Perhaps you should stop putting a mirror to your face and stop assuming we hate players just like you do for playing the class.
Anyway thanks i've added your name to my blacklist.. its easier and i won't have to mute you in game.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
1 minute ago, NoSoMo said:

There's nothing easy about having to control a ship via a busted [edited]broken waypoint system that's hellbent on getting the ship sunk...

CV's are the easiest class to play in the game. Even if auto pilot fluffs up occasionally. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
1 minute ago, Skidmark_01 said:

I don't consider myself a griefer and i play only Cv's... Perhaps you should stop putting a mirror to your face and stop assuming we hate players just like you do for playing the class.
Anyway thanks i've added your name to my blacklist.. its easier and i won't have to mute you in game.

I said the class is considered a greifer class by most players. Guessing reading isn't a strong point of yours. Frankly your issue is a L2P issue. 

Members
1,439 posts
8,824 battles
17 minutes ago, Skidmark_01 said:

I don't consider myself a griefer and i play only Cv's...

I know how you feel.  I don't consider myself a bank robber and make all my money by walking into banks and sticking a gun in the teller's face while holding open a sack.  It's really insulting when people call that bank robbery because I'm just doing what I like.  Why are people such haters?

• Funny 4

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,152 battles
34 minutes ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

CV's are the easiest class to play in the game. Even if auto pilot fluffs up occasionally

often.... and if it was easy, people wouldn't mind having the potato T10 CV on their team with 0 wins and 25k avg damage, because such damage wouldn't even be possible since they're, you know, easy....

Members
2,763 posts
93 battles
1 hour ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

CV's are the easiest class to play in the game. Even if auto pilot fluffs up occasionally. 

If CVs are so braindead easy to play, then why are there CV players who reach T10 with sub-par winrate and doing only 25k or less damage per game? 

• Boring 1

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,797 battles
3 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

If CVs are so braindead easy to play, then why are there CV players who reach T10 with sub-par winrate and doing only 25k or less damage per game? 

Same reason the Smolenk's server stats are as low as they are. The playerbase always finds a way. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,070 posts
19,197 battles
2 hours ago, Skidmark_01 said:

The reason of this post is to address the overwhelming bias against CV's

Good luck with that, you deserve everything you get.

Members
2,763 posts
36,457 battles

I actually did great and had I not had surgery on my elbow, I would have ranked out in my Hakuryu.

I found a way to send smollys to the Briney deep quick. I spot the crap out of red. I even got players to help me win with, you guessed it coordination.

Count the rest of the NA server lucky that it took surgery to keep me from finishing my CV Rain of terror.

If I get well, I may be tempted to go in Randoms if someone asked me to. And though my record don't show it, I did figure out the AA and I could have ripped some players a new one.

OP, you had the misfortune of not finding some players that would work with you.

I had low damage games I won and high damage ones where I was#1 on the leaderboard. I even topped a Smolly. Imagine that. And he did survive the match. He just had fewer ships to hit because I hit the ones far away and sailing without support.

I had a team to work with. It works when you play support and the ships will be there to sink in about 5 minutes. I had a plan. And it was about as evil as the Cylon attack on the Colonies.

Getting that W is easy if you support first.

FYI, leaving a fighter to fend off bombers is counter productive early in game. It's best to permanently spot red for the first 5 minutes instead. Such a sick feeling of being shot at for that amount of time may make me some haters for CVs, but it's how a CV player wins games. A CV player doesn't need to hard carry, just hard spot. Then watch red burn, curse the heavens your name make shimakaze players have bad nightmares, and lastly watch a Mino pucker as you AP drop him to Oblivion.

Yes, you guessed it, I will and can take out an AA cruiser.

Yes, CVs are the Devil, but it's players that make their monsters and for whom their nightmares become manifest in the name of CV wrath.

Demean a CV player today and he fatally drops you the next time he sees you.

Does it make a player change their opinion of CV players as nice players?

It will not, because haters never played the ship type. And we often fear and hate what we don't know.

CV players are nice people, but keep placing the black hat on them. And see how far that gets you when WG's top brass decide one fine day to go back to RTS.

Because that will be a really comical event.

So Love or Hate CVs and the players that sail them, but don't expect to see them forget.

Once you push a player and their ship types they sail in to a box, it will not be good for the game the ill will.

Be nice. You never know who has to watch over you 😇⚔️🦀🌈🐑😎😈🌀💮🌸🌫️🔥🌧️🦇🦅🦑🌋🔧⚒️✒️🕛⬆️🆙🇺🇸🐉☄️💅🏴☠️

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I have 114k average damage in ranked as CV.   Pretty false that they cannot get number one in damage.   The buffs CV gets (primarily health) is so insanely broken.   After 2 health buffs, only a cruiser with amazing AA can actually do something.   CVs shouldn't receive buffs tbh.   Or even better, ban them from ranked

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

This is not what im seeing in ranked, in battles with CVs, they are usually the ones that carry their teams. They have much better carrying power than any other ship out there. 

Yes, some battles end so fast that there is not much the CV can do, but this is also true for most other ships, CVs are no exeption to that. 

Now, you complaining that WG is biased agaisnt CVs, or want to penalize CVs, this is just a joke. WG designed CVs as a completely OP class. The only ships that have no counterplay. 

[PVE]
Members
6,112 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, Toss_a_plus_1_to_your_CV said:

All true.

4 hours ago, Skidmark_01 said:

You are correct that he is part of the problem (not the problem you seem to think exists that people don't like CVs just because some people [trolls you call them I do believe] claim them to be OP)...he (along w/quite a few other responders in this thread) are actually examples of people that know how to play CVs & get the most out if their OP abilities & are the actual reason people claim them to be OP...because they are.

Just because you haven't figured out how to make the most out of their abilities (yet) doesn't mean that their abilities are not there.

By all means keep practicing...but don't do it in ranked until you learn how...not healthy for the karma pool...not that karma really matters...it's just the difference between 3 (least) & 11 (most) compliments/reports you can issue in a day...La-Te-Da.

Best to keep the chat on so you can learn to cooperate w/those that know how so you can learn the teamwork necessary to becoming a "greifer" CV yourself...but if you need less distraction while learning...by all means...keep it off for awhile.

Fortunately for those of us that play the other ship types it doesn't take long to figure out if the red CV (or the green 1 for that matter) is OP or not.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,303 posts
6,266 battles

OP, let me just go ahead and, as a candidate for "Top CV Apologist on the Forums", say this to you:

Oh no, you have to consistently have a good team or carry SUPER HARD to rank out. What a shocker. It's almost like Ranked is supposed to require either a large amount of skill or a soul-sucking amount of time and effort so that only a small number of people get the top rewards and ships like Yashima and Bourgogne stay relatively rare. Who ever would have thought that such a dastardly thing could be so?

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,202 posts
5,584 battles
9 hours ago, Skidmark_01 said:

I agree with you as I can't go over rank 8 unless I am systematically number one and that never happens as Franz is certainly not a unicum player.
However, there is another way for CVs to climb... If CV can't score that much damage, it can score a lot of spotting damage, and that often makes the difference.
Your comment proves once more that CVs are not the killing machines the seditious anti CV clique wants them to be.
Oink !!!!
Oink Goltz !!!

• Cool 1

Members
6,621 posts
20,599 battles

Don't spot or help your team at all. Let them get slaughtered and then farm damage to save your star. It's what I would do.

Sign in to follow this