Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
onegr8pony

Team Players

22 comments in this topic

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

Why does no one attempt to be a team player? Myself included. If you ask for assistance I for one dont' expect the player 20+ km away to respond. To respond negatively is insulting. to respond in the affirmative and over 20 Km away is doubly insulting.  Lack of communications is also for ID10ts.  If you don't communicate - you die. like lemmings.  Does't matter COOP  or Random. Don't chide another player for their game play or the fact they use signals and camo. It is their game play and if they want to spend the credits, let them. Also if someone comes in to assist with a target and they get the kill, don't accuse them of stealing your kill. " you didn't pull the trigger, not your kill" that simple. Stop being crybabys over spilt milk. just my rant.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

When attempting to facilitate game play and all I receive is taunts and jabs and innuendos, I quit then attempt to CYA

• Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles

Every one thinks that they are Lone Wolf McQuade.

[GOB]
Members
2,060 posts

If I try to help in my DD and smoke up a teammate that's being focus by 3 flamethrowers and get screamed at for blocking the border humpers views from the cheap seats.. I stop helping.

When I go in to support a teammate in  a BB or CA as they are pushing or capping and they turn a run away full throttle and leave me alone to die.. I stop and play solo

Also in a DD if I go ahead and listen to the cats saying , go ahead and spot that cap we will support you ( yeah I know ) and they all run when the radars come on and flee not firing a shot as I am focused by 5 and die screaming...

Well that's why I play lone wolf.  If I can help someone without dying sure, but I don't stick my neck out anymore. 

I DEFINITELY don't trust anyone to have my back either.

That is what this has come to.

[DBRIS]
Members
630 posts
11,161 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Every one thinks that they are Lone Wolf McQuade.

feature-chuck-norris.jpg

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,655 posts

In a game just now someone said "Hey, CV, go over and spot and kill that Shimakaze, which I did. Then they said "Go over and spot that Gearing, which I did."  Then the match was over. I'm not sure what happened but the other team must have been really bad because I came in 2nd on the winning team with 21k damage. At least our team communicated.

image.thumb.png.c406daf130df1a59a70d20aec036ba3c.png

• Boring 1

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

I agree. Chuck Norris may be able to kick my a$$, but he has to sleep sometime and he is still not faster than a .45 ACP ( pretty damn slow billet), Like you if I try to help and am not appreciated then I quit. Just saying ther is no I in team and in combat you are even more reliant on you foxhole butt buddy.

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In a game just now someone said "Hey, CV, go over and spot and kill that Shimakaze, which I did. Then they said "Go over and spot that Gearing, which I did."  Then the match was over. I'm not sure what happened but the other team must have been really bad because I came in 2nd on the winning team with 21k damage. At least our team communicated.

image.thumb.png.c406daf130df1a59a70d20aec036ba3c.png

would be nice to get that much, normally just "denied and over 20+ km away)

\

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

If someone could develop and train a good team then they would kick a$$. just saying. Want me to help you and you leave me out to die. I'm likely to throw a torp in your butt next time  see you.

Edited by onegr8pony

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

Chill dude it's just bot, wth it's just a fricken game

don't tell me to chill.

[GT99]
Members
750 posts
12,082 battles

Your first mistake is thinking this is a team game. Get that out of your head and your battles will be more fun. Kill stealing is something 11-year-olds came up with. It has no meaning just like their voice in court.

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles

Possibly too hard for Wargaming to do = but if you participate in team play you should be awarded more ? If you don't then the same amount should be subtracted from your total.

[TF_64]
[TF_64]
Members
42 posts
12,098 battles
7 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Your first mistake is thinking this is a team game. Get that out of your head and your battles will be more fun. Kill stealing is something 11-year-olds came up with. It has no meaning just like their voice in court.

while 11 year old's voice in court is nil, it isn't just juveniles. If I am to understand what you are saying then..... I would enjoy a game which needs / requires team cooperation  better if I played as I am the only one important. Then wargaming has compiled a piece of crap.I feel it is the world sentiment at large, this gen has no concept of being a team member. is it as depicted in Matrix " A army of 1"

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
2 hours ago, onegr8pony said:

Why does no one attempt to be a team player? Myself included. If you ask for assistance I for one dont' expect the player 20+ km away to respond. To respond negatively is insulting. to respond in the affirmative and over 20 Km away is doubly insulting.  Lack of communications is also for ID10ts.  If you don't communicate - you die. like lemmings.  Does't matter COOP  or Random. Don't chide another player for their game play or the fact they use signals and camo. It is their game play and if they want to spend the credits, let them. Also if someone comes in to assist with a target and they get the kill, don't accuse them of stealing your kill. " you didn't pull the trigger, not your kill" that simple. Stop being crybabys over spilt milk. just my rant.

The best games are the ones where you have chat muted, and just randomly honk your horn and say that you need intelligence data.

[SALVO]
Members
24,830 posts
25,917 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

If I try to help in my DD and smoke up a teammate that's being focus by 3 flamethrowers and get screamed at for blocking the border humpers views from the cheap seats.. I stop helping.

When I go in to support a teammate in  a BB or CA as they are pushing or capping and they turn a run away full throttle and leave me alone to die.. I stop and play solo

Also in a DD if I go ahead and listen to the cats saying , go ahead and spot that cap we will support you ( yeah I know ) and they all run when the radars come on and flee not firing a shot as I am focused by 5 and die screaming...

Well that's why I play lone wolf.  If I can help someone without dying sure, but I don't stick my neck out anymore. 

I DEFINITELY don't trust anyone to have my back either.

That is what this has come to.

If you lay smoke as a DD in such a way that it blocks the line of sight of your team mates, you are expected to get out of that smoke and spot for those team mates.  Nothing is more frustrating than for a team mate in a DD laying a line of smoke that he thinks is good for the team, but then doesn't provide spotting support for those that now can't see beyond that smoke.

I try to help team mates, but not if it's going to cost me my ship.  This isn't real life.  In this game I try to assess if the risk of helping out the team mate will leave my team in a better or worse situation.  There are no human lives on the line here.  Only the win and my own XP, etc. that I may be able to earn.  And if letting the team mate die is the better option because it would preserve more of our team, then it's better to let that ship die.  And frankly, it's rather silly when you see somebody crying for help when they have only 1-2k HP left and there's no chance of survival.  One should be looking for help when the chance of escape and survival is reasonable.

[SALVO]
Members
4,463 posts
3,825 battles

Maybe is just my experience, but I find lots of cooperation and teamwork in my matches. It usually involves you making the first move or communicating what you plan to do, or suggesting X player  you´ll back him up if he/she does Y, then teamwork clicks in and you are set for fun times.

Just today I've: smoked more allies I care to count, pool AA on a couple heavy CV matches, run decoy to save ships being focused, sacrificed my ship (bottom tier) to save our team top dog, support a few DDs capping, spot some of course. Today I didn't have the chace to block aerial torps, but love doing that. I really enjoy playing support, sometimes you don´t get pretty dmg numbers, but you get the reward for a job well done and the occasional player greeting you.

[SALVO]
Members
4,463 posts
3,825 battles
5 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If you lay smoke as a DD in such a way that it blocks the line of sight of your team mates, you are expected to get out of that smoke and spot for those team mates.  Nothing is more frustrating than for a team mate in a DD laying a line of smoke that he thinks is good for the team, but then doesn't provide spotting support for those that now can't see beyond that smoke.

That precisely. DD playbook 101, lay smoke for your support then proceed to spot or cap, sometimes you don't even get to fire. A bit saddly, spotting XP reward is very lame compared to dmg but wth, if that's the best play in order to win, you better do it.

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,453 battles
4 hours ago, onegr8pony said:

Most players idea of "team play" means everybody playing the way they want them to.  My teams win pretty often with me playing as I think I should play and I do the things I think are necessary to help my team win.

Members
2,953 posts
36,759 battles

Team play. Only happens with divisions and within those divisions they play their own agenda. Since those divisions may be communicating by voice, they may not respond or call for anything. Because depending on that division, they could be an XP farming division. Or a division that only wants a win. How does one know? There are no special instant in game icons that scream "Farmers" or "Winners".

It would be nice based on WG's own stats to highlight a division that way. It saves the rest of the team time wouldn't it?

But labeling a division that way may hurt those player's feelings. Yes, WG cares about feelings. Otherwise they can and could do this easily.

Easily. Imagine a streamer dropping in a match and 2 divisions are highlighted"Farmers"? Should that streamer still play to win?

Probably not. Because that division will cry in their juice boxes for the labels.

Yeah, we can't be labeling players like that. That would be mean.

Reality. Players will do whatever suits them and are forced to adapt as soon as the situation goes bad. Many immediately trigger to farming mode. Others run screaming to map edge as if some magical ship cost fairy will reward them a no cost match.

FYI. You immediately pay for service costs regardless whether you get sunk or not.

Oddly this fact has not cracked a few skulls in the 4 plus years this game has been live.

I want to see a game where players play together but this game more closely resembles an FPS like some of the special ops type genre. Call of Duty, etc.

In those games, it became comical how some players would throw their own team under a bus and eventually that player got a bad reputation.

I know of one such a player, but it's not my place to label him as I was not there. Yet those that were described that player as a mercenary with no scruples and no sense of Honor. A person that would sell his elderly relative for a weapon skin.

As funny as that adjective was told to me I felt like: what brought this player to be such a barnacle to a scum sucking bottom dweller?

THE GAME.

If WG wants to foster team play then they need to actually foster it with incentives. It would seem there is more incentive to lose than win.

This has a degrading effect on players as it runs counter to their character.

No player wants to lose in life, so why foster them defeatism in a game?

OP, play as best you can, but network with players you know that will work with you and practice with them.

Then division, but work on communication with other team members in a random match.

After a few games, your known associates and members of the team that did well should be networked as much as you can. This is your only way because WG is not going to do it for you.

Until WG realizes that the game is eroding to a Call of Duty crybaby festival, The game may be in trouble.

WG used to do team battles. 4 members I think and you recruited mercenaries, but these mercenaries wanted to win.

I did well as a mercenary and was invited many times until WG pulled the plug due to MM wait times or some other reason.

It could be that team play fostered community and good will, but someone decided that such a game should not exist. Probably an executive that once ran tanks.

I don't know much about marketing and sales numbers, but maybe I am ignorant of the business in general, but maybe just maybe I am right and fostering team play is a better game business model.

Maybe WG can look in to this and reconsider it. Because we will not stop seeing this type of player frustration.

I think WG needs to work hard on this quick.

I hear ranked this past Sunday was a poop festival. It should not take 3 hours to rank up one level only to lose your ground on the 3rd hour.

I had my own experiences with this and seeing the depravity of players not supporting each other was sad.

I had games where we won, but red lost because there was no clear support and I was just lucky to be with a good group. Red did fail to support ships that I took full advantage as a CV player in those matches.

While red conceded by saying good game, I felt that some players on that team were frustrated by the outcome.

I even had one compliment me and communicate after,  that their support was horrible. I did tell that player it was sad to see, because you want to beat worthy opponents fairly. And I told that player they played well and I did have trouble getting them. Had he got support he would have had won that match.

You hate to see that. You want a sporting match and if your opponent was struggling to keep their team to make the match interesting, then there's no real enjoyment out of the match because it seems a hollow victory.

You didn't get to see them at their best and you want a fair fight.

I thanked the player for the match, and wished them luck. The player admired my CV support and that made me feel better about the situation.

When you get a bunch of players to work together, you just have to execute. And even if you lose, it's almost never a short match and your opponent actually admires the initiative. They will congratulate you with GG. Because you gave them a good show of it.

A society of instant gratification maybe the problem here. Players think they won by merit of a steamroll. But if it is, then something is wrong. Because when faced with a very smart opponent, such a team that wins that way, overestimates their own skills and may not recognize that they may have flaws in their team.  Such a team will lose really bad to a really smart, coordinated team that executes.

So it's really hard to measure your skills if you won 70% of the time by beating crappy uncoordinated teams. I would be alarmed if I won that much, that big, and I have to face a really great team soon.

I don't know. I ran long with this post. I need to stop this.

I would like to see team play incentivized. Is that too much to ask?

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,060 posts
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

That precisely. DD playbook 101, lay smoke for your support then proceed to spot or cap, sometimes you don't even get to fire. A bit saddly, spotting XP reward is very lame compared to dmg but wth, if that's the best play in order to win, you better do it.

Yeah..I think I know this.  Everyone does.  But it takes a good 20 -30 seconds to mask a BB..... the yelling is going on then.    I would figure any DD driver knew that.

Yeah we all see near zero damage games too.  I know i'm not the only one who gets caps , spots , protects a cap from 5 ships ALONE with spreads of denial torps just to have kiddies rag on your damage number or lack there of.   

DD is a thankless job and the one I think tht gets abused the most by the dead yolo admirals.  I never get as bad in my Cruisers or BBs.  

[SALVO]
Members
24,830 posts
25,917 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh, sometimes if you're in an open water situation where you can clearly see that there are others spotting the enemy, or both sides are constantly firing and self spotting, you can lay some smoke to the side of the line of sight, and do some smoke shooting in your DD.  But you also have to be aware that sometimes when you do this, it may turn out that you were the one doing the spotting after all, and you should just abandon the smoke to get back to spotting.

[PVE]
Members
4,265 posts
18,658 battles
5 hours ago, onegr8pony said:

Really, a team game?    Does anyone get extra credits for being the battle commander???  Didn't think so.  A good idea but, well, "it's a cooperative shooter" which means............something about cooperation but, I've not seen to much of that, so it's:  "All for one and one for all................!!!! .............and, more for me !"  Most games.:cap_look:

Sign in to follow this