You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

Just got T9 Fletcher US DD...suggestion on Modules?

5 comments in this topic

Members
195 posts
8,230 battles

My style of play is stealth torpedo, but want good gunnery for those times when another DD pops up.  Do you have any ideas about how vulnerable the engines, steering gear, guns are?  Will transfer a 19 point US DD captain to this DD with Main Arm Mod 1, CE, SE, LS, etc. 

Thanks in advance for the advice!

(wanted some current info vs. older posts on the forum)

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
380 posts
10,940 battles

DDs always get last stand in captain. I also get the module for engine/steering gear. Concealment is key too.

US DDs are gunboat/torpboats. Always shoot your guns and maneuver.

[EQRN]
Members
2,026 posts
17,405 battles

Back when you only needed to outscoot the Ruskies and out shoot the Japs, a gun build might have made some sense.  Fletcher might still have a bite that will leave some hurt on the newer DDs, but I don’t think it will ever handedly win without some team help.  I go torp build and avoid DD contact unless I know it’s a Torpy Jap.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,599 posts
1 hour ago, brewakeg said:

My style of play is stealth torpedo, but want good gunnery for those times when another DD pops up. 

I take PM because I figure if they have detected me then they are targeting me. AR and LS are good. AR lets the Fletcher reload torps really fast if damaged. TAE helps with torp reloads too. Of course, take CE. Finally, SE might allow you to disengage before being destroyed.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,644 battles

Modoules:

MAM1

Engine/rudder mod, (the new one]

Aim system mod 1

Propulsion mod 1

Concealment mod 1

ROF for faster pew pew.

The Fletcher torps are fast and sneaky with 10 km range so no need to speed them up.

USN boats at tier 8 and 9 are primarily gun boats, so you want to get as much DPM as you can accurately shoot.

Capt skills:

PT

LS, AR

SE, SI

RPF, CE

Alternatively 

PT

LS

SE,SI and BFT 

CE

Then last 3 either TAE or AR and PM.