You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Whats next in the Armoury?

14 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
400 posts
14,236 battles

Smolensk is to be removed with upgrade 9.3 and I have enough Coal (509 000 Coal) to buy Smolensk AND Jean Bart but I read that Marceau Tier X French DD will be available (decision, decision...) I know...I can't make up my mind about getting those ships in the Armoury.    That is IF Smolensk is still worth it...Please someone advise?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            And then again this is the thing, as of now I have 380 Million Credits and 2 Million FreeXP, so far I have 142 ships in port so I can buy a lot of ships Who knows when WOW will reduce the port cost to 150 Gold and the periodic 50% on up-grades.                                                        Anyone knows what's comming up?

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles

I mean what do you like playing? I regret buying JB because I hardly play her. So...don’t just get a ship for coal because it’s about to go. Get a ship you want to play.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,233 posts
16,543 battles

I doubt Smolensk will be made available ever again even in SC/Santa crates.

JB probably will in those crates. JB is stupid strong.

Both are still super strong

If I were you, I would get both. You will have plenty of time to save coal for the french dd

Edited by wstugamd
  • Cool 2

[1813]
Members
400 posts
14,236 battles
6 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

If I were you, I would get both. You will have plenty of time to save coal for the french dd

Maybe you are right but I would bet left with very little Coal, besides, Cycling season is about to start, 11 000KM last year, you can only ride a bike from, maybe april to maybe november so I play a lot less then...

Cyclong season is short in Quebec ( That winter thing? right now its 7H15 PM and its minus 3 Celsius outside so...)

PS: Was Smolensk nerfed to death lately?

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,324 posts
12,969 battles
4 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Smolensk will be made available ever again even in SC/Santa crates.

Looking for a high tier premium to drop out of an already rare drop is like waiting for your neighborhood goose to lay angolden egg, and push it towards you. I missed out on Missouri when i had the chance (WG wasnt specific on removing Nelson or Mo.) I got Nelson because she was op at the time and it was barely more than half my FXP; then WG turned around and pulled Missouri.

I heard of players getting Missouri, i still see players sailing Missouri, but there is no Missouri in my port, amd never gotten a ship from a SC, and only once got a ship from an event container.

The only question is, do you like battleships? If memory serves JB is based on the historical JB. 

Do you like cruisers? I'm not particularly familiar with early Soviet naval designs, but Smolensk looks like a navalized ZSU-23 Shilka with 130s put in the 23mm place.

Thanks to that most lovely Iron Curtain, there is so much we may never know. But i find a strange fascination with pre-missile Soviet designs...

Otherwise save up for that new French DD.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
599 posts
16,639 battles

I love playing light cruisers so I enjoy the Smolensk.

Jean Bart I got because it was being removed. I am not a fan of that ship. Turrets keep getting disabled and I dont play the ship. I should have gotten the Thunder. 

[USN]
Members
1,638 posts
21,121 battles

Smolensk is likely to go the way of the dodo, never to be released again. Jean Bart may make cameos in the premium once every few months. Flint, Black, and Neustrashimy will become coal ships, and will reappear in the armory in 6 months, which should be patch 9.9. Moskva is going to become a coal ship once the Soviet cruiser split happens, which is presumed to be 9.4, but we do not know if Moskva will head to the armory in 9.4 or if she'll be given a 6 month exclusivity period. If so, she should be in the armory around 9.10

[LWA]
Members
1,351 posts
15,592 battles
1 hour ago, 3r22r said:

Maybe you are right but I would bet left with very little Coal, besides, Cycling season is about to start, 11 000KM last year, you can only ride a bike from, maybe april to maybe november so I play a lot less then...

Cyclong season is short in Quebec ( That winter thing? right now its 7H15 PM and its minus 3 Celsius outside so...)

That is no excuse for not biking in the winter.  I see a lot of fat tire bikes trudging through the snow up here in Alaska.....
Where there is a will, there is a way.

fat tire bike.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,728 battles
1 hour ago, wstugamd said:

Pretty much this.  JB to me is the much more fun ship; but Smol makes some ribbon missions easy mode.....   Plenty of time to get/save more coal.

[1813]
Members
400 posts
14,236 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

Looking for a high tier premium to drop out of an already rare drop is like waiting for your neighborhood goose to lay angolden egg, and push it towards you. I missed out on Missouri when i had the chance (WG wasnt specific on removing Nelson or Mo.) I got Nelson because she was op at the time and it was barely more than half my FXP; then WG turned around and pulled Missouri.

I heard of players getting Missouri, i still see players sailing Missouri, but there is no Missouri in my port, amd never gotten a ship from a SC, and only once got a ship from an event container.

The only question is, do you like battleships? If memory serves JB is based on the historical JB. 

Do you like cruisers? I'm not particularly familiar with early Soviet naval designs, but Smolensk looks like a navalized ZSU-23 Shilka with 130s put in the 23mm place.

Thanks to that most lovely Iron Curtain, there is so much we may never know. But i find a strange fascination with pre-missile Soviet designs...

Otherwise save up for that new French DD.

Well I find myself more a Cruiser and DD player actually so Smolensk seems to fit in between, nerfed or not.

[1813]
Members
400 posts
14,236 battles
18 minutes ago, db4100 said:

That is no excuse for not biking in the winter.  I see a lot of fat tire bikes trudging through the snow up here in Alaska.....
Where there is a will, there is a way.

fat tire bike.jpg

Wish I had a FatBike, right now I have a Specialized Roubaix road bike and a good fat bike costs around $5000CAN.

But anyway I have to wait a bit after slipping on the ice and cracked a few ribs... even breathing hurts along with SOME bruises

But the scenery looks nice.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,056 posts
14,151 battles

If you think there’s a chance you may want either one at some point in the future, I’d get them both now before they go. You’ll have plenty of time most likely to same coal for Marceau whenever she shows up, and no reliable way to get either one of the leaving ships ever again most likely. JB will almost assuredly show up in the SC pool right after she’s removed and will be another big carrot in the santa crates like the other rare ships are.

Smolensk could show up in those pools but there’s no guarantee since this is the first time a t10 is getting removed. Do I expect it to at least show up in some of the Christmas uber mega bundles to be another incentive to buy them? Knowing WG definitely yes, but as you’ve probably seen if you’ve been around the forums more than a year or two, the chances of you getting a rare ship from a santa crate (unless you have almost every other ship on the list) are probably about as good as you winning a billion dollar lottery with one ticket as the only winner. 

[FLOTR]
Members
180 posts

I wish I could sell my Smolly back due to IFHE nerfs gutting the ship. 

I would get the Thunderer instead. Troll guns are trolly! :) 

[BOMBL]
Members
1,233 posts
16,543 battles
14 hours ago, 3r22r said:

It’s just as broken as the day it was released. I don’t print whitherers anymore but high cal, confeds, 200k games are easy. 

JB is one of my all time favs. I don’t play bb much, but it’s a battlecruiser with 15 in guns. I have monster games in her. 

it’s just me but I wouldn’t pass on these two.