Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Exeter vs Two T6 CVs

8 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,864 posts
17,904 battles

They say two T6 Cvs are OP.  Sky cancer.  Well, here's Exeter's Chemo treatment:

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts

That was a great game to watch and I was hoping to see something that indicated - not that CVs aren't OP - but rather that there is a balance.

Problem is you shot down 4 planes total and not until the end did the CVs really concentrate on you, then one just seemed to self destruct by running towards you. I believe if they had both just worked together you would have been dead (as the rate you were killing planes was not great - 4 all game).

Of course 2 CVs should beat an Exeter really, so if they had of done this, I wouldn't have said that was OP.

In the end it was great to watch and your game was a great one! :Smile_honoring:

[BONKS]
Members
1,470 posts
44 battles
29 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

That was a great game to watch and I was hoping to see something that indicated - not that CVs aren't OP - but rather that there is a balance.

Enemy CVs both produce less damage on average than some T3 cruisers. This at best proves that the skill gap issue still very much exists and nothing else.

• Boring 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,864 posts
17,904 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Problem is you shot down 4 planes total and not until the end did the CVs really concentrate on you, then one just seemed to self destruct by running towards you. I believe if they had both just worked together you would have been dead (as the rate you were killing planes was not great - 4 all game).

Of course 2 CVs should beat an Exeter really, so if they had of done this, I wouldn't have said that was OP.

That was four by my fighters....29 by the ship..for a 33 total.

You are correct, if they had coordinated, they could have taken me out.  In fact, that last torp drop would have had me cold if dropped later on line...I was already turning in and couldn't turn any more.

Several end game factors were at play in the end.  First, I knew I couldn't cap, but the key was the point flip.  First objective...flip the points.  Did that in the cap.  Once points flipped, next objective was survival.  Because even with the flip, they could flip them back if they killed me.  Two comments in chat were strategically incorrect.  Red noted game was lost at the flip....but a kill would have reversed that.  Green asked me to stay in cap, which was zero benefit at that point.  Can't cap...can't get enough points to protect a kill flip.   I did transition from survival to a CV kill as that would guarantee a win even if they killed me.  As it turned out, I got the CV kill and survived...so all was well.  

Another thing to note is the IJN SBDs drops AP....which can be a one drop kill on Exeter...so keeping them on perpendicular drops was important, but you can still catch a cit 

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Nice game, two secundaries kills on a cruiser, thats hard to get. Exeter is a ship that i really wanted to get, but (IMO) T5 is really unfun to play right now. Maybe if something change ill buy one.

But all you did is to prove that there are bad CV players. Despite the rework, the skill gap of CV players is still huge. Ive seen some ships with poor AA shoot down lots of planes and ships with great AA being wrecked by CVs. 

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

In and out like a fiddler's elbow....

[INTEL]
Members
13,031 posts
35,939 battles
35 minutes ago, Xlap said:

But all you did is to prove that there are bad CV players. Despite the rework, the skill gap of CV players is still huge. Ive seen some ships with poor AA shoot down lots of planes and ships with great AA being wrecked by CVs.

Yup. I wish players would stop posting these games. In every case, simple analysis shows that these videos show CVs who don't know what they are doing and the video means the opposite of what the poster thinks. Note that the number of planes he caulked was irrelevant, the CVs continued to come after him undeterred and with the ability, had they been competent, to delete him. AA was never a problem for them. I've killed over 50 planes in Mass several times without impairing the CV's ability to hit me.

It's blindingly obvious that AA needs fixed, but as with so many aspects of game play, the devs simply don't care about the player experience.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

That was four by my fighters....29 by the ship..for a 33 total.

You are correct, if they had coordinated, they could have taken me out.  In fact, that last torp drop would have had me cold if dropped later on line...I was already turning in and couldn't turn any more.

Several end game factors were at play in the end.  First, I knew I couldn't cap, but the key was the point flip.  First objective...flip the points.  Did that in the cap.  Once points flipped, next objective was survival.  Because even with the flip, they could flip them back if they killed me.  Two comments in chat were strategically incorrect.  Red noted game was lost at the flip....but a kill would have reversed that.  Green asked me to stay in cap, which was zero benefit at that point.  Can't cap...can't get enough points to protect a kill flip.   I did transition from survival to a CV kill as that would guarantee a win even if they killed me.  As it turned out, I got the CV kill and survived...so all was well.  

Another thing to note is the IJN SBDs drops AP....which can be a one drop kill on Exeter...so keeping them on perpendicular drops was important, but you can still catch a cit 

Yes, apologies and I appreciate the correction; thank you.

Considering you shot 33 planes down and Exeter AA is considered 'mediocre', I assume that other ships who were concentrated upon during the game shot down more - and then considering the enemy CV players (or at least one) was possibly not that good, it was worrying how the CVs were attacking with full Sqns at the end.

Again, not taking away from the great game you had - but I don't think your video made CVs seem balanced either.

Sign in to follow this