You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

What is the best supercruiser?

57 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

While there is no definitive answer, I would like to see what you guys think is the best supercruiser. There are 3 Tier 9 Supercruisers (technically large cruisers) and 3 Tier 10 Supercruisers.

At Tier IX, we have

1. Azuma A.K.A. Mini-Musashi

2. Alaska A.K.A. Mini-Iowa

3. Kronshtadt A.K.A Mini-Sovetsky Soyuz

At Tier X, we have

1. Yoshino A.K.A Mini- Yamato

2. Puerto Rico A.K.A Mini-Montana

3. Stalingrad A.K.A. Mini-Kremlin

4*. Hindenburg A.K.A. Mini- Grosser Kurfurst

Place your bets now.

This game is becoming Mario Kart with all of the baby battleships being introduced.

*Yes, I know Hindenburg isn't technically a supercruiser, I just threw her in for the fun of it. Also, if I am missing a Supercruiser (or large cruiser), let me know.

Edited by JackSparrow_665
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

There is a section of the forum for polls.  :cap_like:

You make me type.  You don't offer bacon.  Fail!  :cap_haloween:

Also, Alaska.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

hindy with unique upgrade is probably the tankiest of all of the ones you've mentioned with strong DPM.      almost impervious to fire and flooding.       t9 is alaska.  

[KILL]
Members
947 posts
10,952 battles
1 minute ago, centarina said:

hindy with unique upgrade is probably the tankiest of all of the ones you've mentioned with strong DPM.      almost impervious to fire and flooding.       t9 is alaska.  

Yup hindy players playing it like a per nerf conquerer. like wth, this needs to be fixed.   Venzias do the same so yeah, heavy cruisers need to be looked at.

At t9 how can a ship with no citadel, doesn't take pens and citadels almost anything not be the best.  I was in a lyon 16 ap shells firing broadisde into one of them for about 5 rounds at 8k.   Only the final round got him below half health, like wth!

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,918 posts
26,905 battles

Scharnhorst

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,886 battles

The general simple answer is going to be that it's a coin toss between the US and Russian supercruisers at tiers 9 and 10.  And I think that the prevailing wisdom would be Alaska at tier 9 and Stalingrad at tier 10.  But the Kronstadt at tier 9 and PR at tier 10 are also quite good in their own right.

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,362 battles

"SUPER" (doctor evil style) cruiser......... bleh...  moronic term honestly...any of these with a caliber of minimum 9.4in guns is a battlecruiser.  

seeya.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

actually,  I find   republique to be the best super cruiser  :cap_cool:  19.7sec reload  and 32knot     20km range   nice big guns  

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
657 posts
18,926 battles
42 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The general simple answer is going to be that it's a coin toss between the US and Russian supercruisers at tiers 9 and 10.  And I think that the prevailing wisdom would be Alaska at tier 9 and Stalingrad at tier 10.  But the Kronstadt at tier 9 and PR at tier 10 are also quite good in their own right.

I agree with the Alaska at T9.  I don't have Stalingrad, but the PR is a mighty fine ship.  I am glad I got her.

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,886 battles
7 minutes ago, kyesac said:

I agree with the Alaska at T9.  I don't have Stalingrad, but the PR is a mighty fine ship.  I am glad I got her.

The big difference between the Stalingrad and PR is that the PR has BB grade accuracy, while the Stalingrad has cruiser accuracy.  On top of that, the Stalingrad's guns' AP is absolutely filthy nasty, while the PR's guns are "merely" decent to good.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

The big difference between the Stalingrad and PR is that the PR has BB grade accuracy, while the Stalingrad has cruiser accuracy.  On top of that, the Stalingrad's guns' AP is absolutely filthy nasty, while the PR's guns are "merely" decent to good.

The Puerto Rico basically cannot be citadelled while the Stalingrad can, plus the PR has better concealment.

[SALVO]
Members
4,418 posts
3,819 battles
59 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

"SUPER" (doctor evil style) cruiser......... bleh

Image just came to my mind, LOLd.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,139 posts
18,987 battles

Graf Spee. There's no better one at tier.

• Cool 1

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,362 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

i agree.....given her armament , speed,, armor protection, and role...  shes more or less a battlecruiser..kinda off.....sorta....

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yep.  Pound for pound the best.  Alpha monster, cruiser killer.  She wrecks at tier 6.  She was my first premium.  :cap_like:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I've been following the stats of the Tier X Super Cruisers, I haven't been impressed by the performance of Puerto Rico.  I guess getting BB accuracy hasn't been kind to it.  PR is with the "Bottom Feeders" that can't break even 70k.  Yes, Worcester can't break 70k, either, despite all the people around here that whined about her HE spam.  People complained about Worcester despite them playing ships that did better damage than Worcester.

41lGnnl.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,585 posts
4,409 battles

How viable is Spee in T6 Ranked?

Edited by destawaits

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,794 battles
3 hours ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

While there is no definitive answer, I would like to see what you guys think is the best supercruiser. There are 3 Tier 9 Supercruisers (technically large cruisers) and 3 Tier 10 Supercruisers.

At Tier IX, we have

1. Azuma A.K.A. Mini-Musashi

2. Alaska A.K.A. Mini-Iowa

3. Kronshtadt A.K.A Mini-Sovetsky Soyuz

At Tier X, we have

1. Yoshino A.K.A Mini- Yamato

2. Puerto Rico A.K.A Mini-Montana

3. Stalingrad A.K.A. Mini-Kremlin

4*. Hindenburg A.K.A. Mini- Grosser Kurfurst

Place your bets now.

This game is becoming Mario Kart with all of the baby battleships being introduced.

*Yes, I know Hindenburg isn't technically a supercruiser, I just threw her in for the fun of it. Also, if I am missing a Supercruiser (or large cruiser), let me know.

Anything Paper and particularly Russian

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Anything Paper and particularly Russian

Terrible answer, particular for Tier IX where Alaska is considered the best choice there.  She is neither paper, nor Russian.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SALVO]
Members
24,801 posts
25,886 battles
38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've been following the stats of the Tier X Super Cruisers, I haven't been impressed by the performance of Puerto Rico.  I guess getting BB accuracy hasn't been kind to it.  PR is with the "Bottom Feeders" that can't break even 70k.  Yes, Worcester can't break 70k, either, despite all the people around here that whined about her HE spam.  People complained about Worcester despite them playing ships that did better damage than Worcester.

41lGnnl.jpg

Haze, I guess that I don't buy the stats in this case.  Or rather, I don't think that they're telling the whole story.

Look at the #1 ship, the Stalingrad.  it's a steel ship, meaning that the only people who have it are those who are at least pretty good players in good clans or at least good in a number of Ranked seasons.  I think that the stats for the Stalingrad are skewed by the quality of players who own it.

On the other side, I also think that the PR's stats are skewed by who owns that ship, i.e. in large part, people who bought the ship entirely or in large part with cash, which in turn means that the quality of the players owning the PR skews towards the server average if not below.

Also, looking at the Goliath and Venezia, the #2 and #3 ships on that list, you're looking at two very recent new tech tree ships, rather than steel or cash ships, meaning that anyone can conceivably get them.  However, I think that those ships' owners probably tend to skew towards better players.  Not to the degree of the Stalingrad, of course, but to some degree.  Also, the Goliath hasn't been touted as a hardcore OP cruiser by any CC to the best of my recollection, so why would it be so high on this list?  It seems obvious that the answer lies in the quality of players who happen to own the Goliath and not in the quality of the ship.

I will agree that the PR's damage potential isn't as great as the Stalingrad because it doesn't have the Stalingrad's laser like accuracy.  But I still think that she's a pretty damned solid ship.  And if you could get the same group of players playing the PR as plays the Stalingrad, you'd see stats that reflected the actual quality of the PR, which I think is pretty high.

EDIT: regarding the Worcester, I generally agree with you.  It's not an easy ship to play because it doesn't generate its own smoke.  And even though it can have excellent range, hitting stuff reliably at 19 km in the Worcester is very difficult due to the long shell flight times.  Even hitting BBs that are moving is very difficult.  And on top of that, Worcesters melt like warm butter when they're stuck dueling with a heavy cruiser, particularly a DM or Salem.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1