You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

King of the Sea

8 comments in this topic

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

Is the only way to complete the collecting to participate in the tournament ?

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

I read that already, and it was unclear to me if you could complete the collection without the tournament.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
5 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

I read that already, and it was unclear to me if you could complete the collection without the tournament.

Try the section under the participate button. WG staff has officially directed me that player questions can be answered by the articles.

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,512 battles

What I see is 2 containers are awarded for watching via twitch apr 4-5.  Not all Twitch streams are time zone conducive, so we’ll see how that goes...

[PROJX]
Members
1,111 posts
27,197 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Vikingno2 - the article outlines only 8 contianer sources explicitly:
- 1 from the last Daily Drop (for logging in on the 10th day during the drop period)
- 2 whose access (i.e. a mission?) can be gained from watching Twitch streams
- 5 which are obtainable if you click the opt-in participate button - gives you a 4 part mission for a container each w/ a 5th for completing all of it. (Needs T10 ships, but doable)

Since you need 16 collection items (the duplicate redemption mechanism is reduced to a 1:1 for this collection so you can just exchange a duplicate to get a unique colleciton item you need) - but only 8 were outlined - one of 2 possibilities:
- WG will announce a means to get the other 8 ad hoc according to their reveal strategy later in the next few weeks.
OR
- The collection is intended to span multiple KOTS event & keep interest -  if this is the case,we may have to wait until the next KOTS event to complete this collection for the T7 Container or, if you aren't watching/linking your Twitch stream account - it may take 3 or more KOTS events to finish.

The second might be more likely because to even get access to 5 of the announced containers, requires T10 ships - Since collections are persistent - they can span longer timeframes and event periods.   This would still give newer players a chance to complete their collection & get their T7 Ship Container even if they currently don't have a T10 in their port.

Edited by hangglide42

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
9 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

- The collection is intended to span multiple KOTS event & keep interest -  if this is the case,we may have to wait until the next KOTS event to complete this collection for the T7 Container or, if you aren't watching/linking your Twitch stream account - it may take 3 or more KOTS events to finish.

This^^^

95911792_KotScontainers.thumb.JPG.820d2c006bff768b08d2cc6bf45be035.JPG

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,383 battles

Thanks, soooo the answers it maybe?  LOL I got the 5 will wait to see what comes.  So of us are simple and like the yes, no and maybe.  It would be helpful if they just state in the article something to the effect. To acquire  all the crates you will need to participate into he King if the Sea tournament.  Or list all the way to complete the collection, some will say that did in a round about way I am sure. But they did write more details to come.