You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

Did WG nerf the Republique?

10 comments in this topic

[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,421 battles

I only really play the tier 10 ships in the Ranked seasons. To be honest, I can't really afford the credit cost it takes to run a tier 10 ship frequently.

But I've noticed that the Republique seems to be very different this season from last. I'm not sure if maybe Wargaming nerfed it in some way. It seems like the guns are less accurate than before and it feels as though the AP shells don't penetrate as well as they do.

I don't usually follow the game patch notes (aside from huge changes), so I'm not sure if there was an actual change to the ship or if maybe my memory is just not that great.

[HINON]
Members
13,266 posts

She hasn't been changed. Many cruisers just had armor changes though.

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

No change that i know, maybe just some bad RNG. 

6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

She hasn't been changed. Many cruisers just had armor changes though.

Republique was not affected by those changes. Cruisers got 27-30mm of armor, Republique guns are large enough to overmatch 30mm of armor. 

• Cool 1

[-PVE-]
Members
617 posts
1 hour ago, ComputerWhiz said:

It seems like the guns are less accurate than before and it feels as though the AP shells don't penetrate as well as they do.

I play Republique on both Ranked and Coop, and I noticed that too, starting a few days ago. The dispersion is very wide, more often than not, and it usually happens when firing one turret at a time.

Perhaps I need to sacrifice another virgin to appease RNG.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I've play it grinding my UU in ranked and did pretty well.   also played it in  random today and did 30% hit rate with main guns.        repub always has trollish dispersion where you get great one followed by crazy one next.    overall, though  I enjoy playing it. 

[R-R-R]
Members
1,062 posts
10,398 battles

Her dispersion can be wonky sometimes but I never have issue with her ballistic and penetration. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

todays match, I did 157k dmg with 19 overpen, 39 pen 4 non pen and 9 richochet.   it seems normal.         it does tend to overpen smolansk  since it got a  armor nerf.  

Members
1,057 posts
4,376 battles

Republique's guns are indeed quite a challenge to master and use effectively. Not only does it have that aformentioned troll dispersion, but it also has the highest penetration guns in the game ( over 820mm of pen at 5km, which is even better than SLAVA ), only being overtaken by the Yamato at ranges outside of 17km or so. That also means that she has a tendency to overpenetrate on the large majority of softer skinned targets that she ends up facing in combat, unlike Yammy or GK. It's better to shoot at angled CA/CL rather than broadside ones, as there is more space for the shells to travel into the citadel before making the poor sod you shot explode like a New Years Firecracker.

Hell, I've played the Republique more than 150 times on PTS in the past 6 months, and I still can't get the guns to hit crap even at medium ranges ( well, around 50% of the time, the other 50% usually ends with a gigantic fireball and the message "destroyer ennemi pulvérisé" giving me a Flamba-gasm ( lol ))

:SerB:

• Funny 1

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles
32 minutes ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

I play Republique on both Ranked and Coop, and I noticed that too, starting a few days ago. The dispersion is very wide, more often than not, and it usually happens when firing one turret at a time.

Perhaps I need to sacrifice another virgin to appease RNG.

Just how many virgins do you think are out there?

CV players know that to be super unicum in CV play in randoms, one has to sacrifice: a bucket of chicken for great damage farming, Justin Bieber for AP bomb pen, a cat for aircraft regen, a lock of Notser's hair if you want auto pilot to avoid islands, a Pusheen if you want torpedoes to have 100% flood chance, and finally,  can of Vegemite if you want to hard carry a match and have amazing PR.

All the top CV clans do it. That is why they are despised Sith Lords of the skies. Some clans will disavow this information because it makes them look like they are evil, but let's face it, CVs are the Devil. And clans hate the evil designation. So they keep their CV play on the down low.

At least one streamer thinks that all CVs should burn in eternal napalm flames. If you roast two Midways in your fireplace, then we know how you feel about CVs. LOL

Let's face it, CVs have bad PR. As in public relations. And that will never get fixed.

So Republique wants to start making sacrifices? I don't think you want that ship to surpasses CVs as the scourge of randoms.

Smollys are all in therapy right now. CVs may never walk back to the light. Republique wants to go dark side,  but the price will be high.

So many Devs have lost sleep already. Countless players want their backline shooting to return, but WG will not allow another French ship be pegged poop by players. Henri is already on thin ice as it is.

So yeah, I noticed that the guns go googly if shot separately. But that secbat shoots like crazy.

In my opinion, it's not the greatest French BB. Alsace is.

Sacrifice maybe a few Belgians. Leave at least one Whopper with cheese on the doorstep of a certain French player (cough... Belgian). He has a name. Rhymes with itso reesus. He also happens to hate CVs. So you will kill two birds with one stone.

If you want a CV burned down, then leave a Dr Pepper and an Oreo cookie DQ Blizzard with a certain streamer that happens to look like a vampire this time of year. Two clues,  they are 4 feet 11 inches tall and are super unicum in the Danae.

I would recommend other streamers to leave stuff with, but it's best you ask what they need so you get the best bang for your sacrifice. RNG is fickle. And I hear TP is a hot commodity.

Good luck and have fun out there. If you left a game laughing, then you are doing it right.

<O

• Funny 1