Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sup3rcharged_Banana

Tirpitz- Non Secondary...

5 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
2,714 battles

Probably going to get some flack...not the AA flak either, but I was thinking of running my Tirpitz as a non secondary build.  Nothing wrong with the secondary build, it's fun.

I have tried a 'Tanky' Tirpitz, with more emphasis on fire prevention and so forth.  That was decent.

But, I'm wondering what about more of a actual  Hunter style per se?

Some ship upgrades could be Main Battery Mod 2 or Aiming Systems Mod 1.  Make it agile with Steering Gear Mod 1 or quick with Propulsion Mod 1 and have Concealment.

Captain skills could be Expert Loader, Expert Marksmen, Adrenaline Rush, Demolition Expert, Manual Fire Control and/or Concealment...some thoughts...

As I said, I like the secondary build, but am wondering it this 'ol girl can be used differently.

Anyone else try running the Tirpitz differently?

Good gaming all, stay safe from the virus as well :D

Doug

[KOGA]
Beta Testers
42 posts
12,510 battles

Personally, I run my Tirpitz as an in between between stealth and secondary. 

For captain skills, I use Preventive Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Basics of Survivabilty, Basic Firing Training, Advanced Firing Training, and Concealment Expert. (Is even better if you have Günther Lütjens as captain)

For upgrades, I use Main Armaments Modification 1, Damage Control System Modification 1, Aiming Systems Modification 1, Damage Control System Modification 2, , and finally Concealment System Modification 1

As for flags, I use November Echo Setteseven, Mike Yankee Soxisix, November Foxtrt, Sierra Mike, India Delta, Juloet Yankee Bissotwo, India Yankee, and Juliet Charlie

With this build, secondaries reach up to 9.9km and concealment is 12.9km. The main focus of this build is the guns, heightening the already fast turret turn rate (compared to other battleships), complemented by the secondary guns. I myself am not a fan of the manual sec skill because while your accuracy is raised, only one side can fire at a time and only if you have selected a target for them. I also use them as a warning system in case a DD unexpectedly shows up. The low concealment, while not as great as British battleships, allows to disengage when fighting at range. If engaged against a battleship of similar tier close the distance, taking shots while angled, unmasking the back turrets only after the enemy has wasted shots on your armor. Once you're within 6km, uppercut them with your torpedoes. As for cruisers, since most do have torpedoes I tend to keep above 6km away from them (unless they waste their on a bad shot or are American cruisers)

[All of this is under the assumption that it is in a 1v1 or 2v1 scenario. Unless supported by other team members, I generally don't engage enemy ships numbering more than 2]

[BB35]
Members
517 posts
3,861 battles

I'm sharing a secondary build CPT with the Tirpitz and GK, while doing a survival build for my Bismarck CPT.

[BKR]
Beta Testers
12 posts

U should watch this, if this recommended for you to grind captain or farm credit.

there dependable equipment and crews. basically sniping or manly charge.

Sign in to follow this