Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Boise

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,774
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,549 posts
13,910 battles

A Captain's hands-on guide to effectively helming the Tier VII U.S. cruiser.


Read it on the portal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Had really considered buying it, but thankfully I fell the right side of WG changes this time! After the recent  IFHE changes to 152mm, it's a BIG no thank you here! :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[PPNA1]
Members
132 posts
7,712 battles

One group of ships that was hammered with the IFHE nerfs. make it much less appealing. Got 4.36 Million XP on the 2 ships and may not get much more as she is now a HE spammer pinker ship.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[STRK]
Beta Testers
12 posts
1,600 battles

yeah, due to the change to IFHE she's just not worth sailing anymore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11
[SFOR]
Members
13 posts
8,498 battles

After these changes no thanks you guys ruined Tier 7 CL

lw1a7inhowl41.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,953
[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles
3 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Had really considered buying it, but thankfully I fell the right side of WG changes this time! After the recent  IFHE changes to 152mm, it's a BIG no thank you here! :Smile_honoring:

Can't say for randoms but I use her in Narai, oh yeah, I used to use her in Narai a lot. It will probably still be just as effective there, I would presume. Some day we may be able to test this theory. The Boise in Narai is probably responsible for half of the credits, FXP and EXP that I have made since I got her.

Now that I think about it I never ran IFHE on her when I was running her anyway, so nothing will change. The best part of this build for Narai is the enhanced expert loader. It is so fast that it makes switching shells painless when it's necessary. I really don't think that I run IFHE on many of my captains, it limits their usefulness when switching them to my premium ships. IFHE is an expensive skill choice especially when it's usefulness can be mitigated most of the time, just by switching shell type.

image.thumb.png.54f8eb49ec131dc0f73c1fbb63fa33f2.png

Get Well Soon Narai.

image.thumb.png.47e9990e9a9085f91fb32c1855461f33.png

image.thumb.png.aad4d0767cfdabd1f82dc0914d24b0c7.png

image.thumb.png.745754a44afcbf4bcb0ff69628aec7d1.png

image.thumb.png.887683fe9c66bc271f78f307267557c5.png

image.thumb.png.a6901b57f27eb00c83f4f8c86ae21d0b.png

image.thumb.png.63bca9286f7ddebb644d944f73e38e52.png

image.thumb.png.94968871dc2c49746d6032a60f75cda1.png

image.thumb.png.eabd8cf39febaa977d60b48e59cb3542.png

image.thumb.png.20767f30724679e39328592cf83a2731.png

image.thumb.png.0ed86b2226a351991298b39ca5351274.png

I got hundreds of these and I still need credits.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Can't say for randoms but I use her in Narai, oh yeah, I used to use her in Narai a lot. I will probably still be just as effective there, I would presume. Some day we may be able to test this theory.

With her heal and ability to dish out good damage, that is exactly why I was looking at her in Ops as an alternative to Fiji (with her having HE and being a Premium).

Then WG decided to Global change stuff! :Smile_facepalm: That is why I am going to stick with what I have regarding Premiums, I will not buy any more. It isn't even that I have an issue with changes - had they changed/balanced/nerfed individual ships (inc Premiums) for balance reasons I would have at least been able to try to understand their reasoning (in fact I have argued for it in the past) - But these weird Global changes that continuously have knock on effects for other ships (take the only ship in 3 years I've got from a 'SC' - the Atlanta), there just seems no reasoning to it, and half the time WG offer none.

So that is it for me, as the choice of Global Changes seems the one WG is going down, I can't take the risk I was willing to earlier in the life of this game. Still like playing the game....sometimes lol. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Love my Boise

I was going to get upset with the IFHE nerfs, then I realized - I don't use them anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,871
[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
8 hours ago, jmanII said:

Love my Boise

I was going to get upset with the IFHE nerfs, then I realized - I don't use them anyways.

That's great jmanll, of course there are many who may not have understood the 152mm IFHE benefits, or just believed they were better without it.

For me it is literally down to the approach WG have taken. Instead of addressing individual ships that need balancing, like pinhole surgery getting straight to the problem - they are hacking through the body damaging other areas, changing the thing they wanted, then pushing the other body parts back in and sowing everything else up.

 

As shown, this has knock on affects to other ships. WG have shown with ships like Atlanta with AA and IFHE changes, no ship is safe from their Medieval.approach, even if they were not the problem.

For me the situation has become too erratic for me to consider spending my money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
6 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

That's great jmanll, of course there are many who may not have understood the 152mm IFHE benefits, or just believed they were better without it.

For me it is literally down to the approach WG have taken. Instead of addressing individual ships that need balancing, like pinhole surgery getting straight to the problem - they are hacking through the body damaging other areas, changing the thing they wanted, then pushing the other body parts back in and sowing everything else up.

As shown, this has knock on affects to other ships. WG have shown with ships like Atlanta with AA and IFHE changes, no ship is safe from their Medieval.approach, even if they were not the problem.

For me the situation has become too erratic for me to consider spending my money. 

Typical WG....I have come to expect them to look like something dealing with monkey and football (Alabama, CV rework, Puerto Rico.... I am sure I am forgetting many). 

Sad really

I did not use IFHE on my Atlanta nor my Flint either.  Cleveland I did and continue to use it.

Boise, ATL and Flint I have taken DE and will continue to set the world on fire. 

In my view, fire is the only way I can help them get rid of this new found medical affliction in the world...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×