Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Marines

When will the Russian cruiser line split be released to the public servers?

9 comments in this topic

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

ANy split in the past, happened at PTS server first... No different with the RU split... Well no difference until told otherwise.

[KWF]
Members
4,378 posts
6,405 battles

If EU DDs part 2 is gonna be on April, then it would make sense for the split to happen in May/June.

Keep in mind though that WG may not like the direction of the new ships, or that coronavirus may delay things. Still, never hurts to wait a little longer, that also means more people will be able to get Moskva before her status is changed.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,475 posts
14,840 battles

Dunno but from what I heard about that ship, I'm really looking forward to play the new CA.

I don't know much about the CL one but for now, I'm happy with Worcester. Question is, will it be more stupid than Worcester?

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles
12 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Dunno but from what I heard about that ship, I'm really looking forward to play the new CA.

I don't know much about the CL one but for now, I'm happy with Worcester. Question is, will it be more stupid than Worcester?

Last I heard from it was pretty stupid.

50mm sections? check

auto-loading 180mm guns? check

high velocity, high accuracy shells? even more so than Donskoi? check

more HP than DM? check

19km base range? check

At least the concealment is worse than Hindenburg... though not as bad as Moskva

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

If EU DDs part 2 is gonna be on April, then it would make sense for the split to happen in May/June.

Keep in mind though that WG may not like the direction of the new ships, or that coronavirus may delay things. Still, never hurts to wait a little longer, that also means more people will be able to get Moskva before her status is changed.

Which is why I've dusted off Dmitri Donskoi and slowly started work on piling enough XPs on her again to get Alexander Nevsky for Tier X on day 1 when it goes Live.  And looking at this:

1_T-nW_9DeNfvVEDB5AjqQqQ.thumb.jpeg.9b9e16a552c3a9761cd27c8e8bbd72a9.jpeg

I realize I got to do the same on Schors also to get VIII Tallin on day 1 for the CA part of the line :Smile_popcorn:

The CL portion of the line is featuring 180mm guns... Those things aren't a joke, especially on the AP department.

Patropavlovsk in the CA part of the Line looks like something an aggressive USN Radar Cruiser player can get behind.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,296 posts
10,873 battles

I've also thought about pounding out some XP on the Donski in preparation for this. My left brain though is hoping the line will be balanced given that initial reviews show blatantly broken ships to appease a vanishing Russian player base.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,272 posts
18,801 battles

My guess is May through June, so it take two patches, starting with 9.4. For 9.4, Moskva and Kirov are removed, and replaced by Kotosvky and Nevesky, with likely directives rewarding newly made premium Kirov for Soviet light cruisers, along with other rewards being a bunch of coal to get a head start on grinding Moskva for coal. This will also see T8 premium Ockahov in the premium shop.

During 9.5, the Soviet heavy cruisers will be released, branching off from Schors. the Directives/event for this part will reward Mikoyan (new T5 180mm cruiser with the features of Soviet heavy cruisers) with 180mm gunned Pyotr Bragnotion (butchered spelling no doubt) in the premium shop.

As for how they will compensate people when removing Moskva and Kirov, I think if you have Kirov, you get Kirov and her replacement. If you have Moskva, her legendary mod stays, if you are in progress in getting it, you keep that mission progress, but you are unlikely to be given Nevesky in her place, so you will have to grind XP on Donksoi if you want her. If you have Moskva's perma camo, you will either be compensated 5k doubloons or be given Nevesky's perma camo for free.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,168 posts
14,340 battles

The one caveat I would put on this is that if you have the Aurora space camo as your only Moskva camo, you might not get compensated for that. Nevsky is a new ship and you won't be able to just port over the Moskva space camo to her; it will stay with the Moskva. However, the standard permacamo (Type 20 Moskva) is easier to compensate - you just get assigned Type 20 Nevsky in its place.

WG will probably argue - correctly in my opinion - that the Aurora camo is a vanity thing, and you paid for that to give the ship a certain look; ergo it stays with the ship. 

It's no different in this respect to people who chose to put that garish New Year or Filth camo (any T8 except CV) onto premium ships. 

Sign in to follow this