Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RainbowFartingUnicorn

Doing solid work with the Pan-Swedish DDs

6 comments in this topic

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles

Had an amazing random game just now. Tier VII-IX on Atlantic. Very close game right up to the end, we held B and C caps and had a 4-3 advantage in ships, but the red team BismarckLyon, and Iowa had substantially more health remaining, while our Maass, Lazo, F. der Grobe, and I (Oland) had very low health. With about four minutes remaining, I found myself undetected with 146 HP and the sole survivor with the Iowa and the Lyon attempting to pincer me between them.

I manually aimed a spread of torpedoes at Iowa, which was my closest opponent and was also capping B. I landed two and got a flood, then snuck around the islands in the north and east side of B and manually aimed a second spread after my first spread chased Iowa out of B. I was capping B to prevent the red team point gain, but I had about 40 seconds left to cap it and only about 30 seconds left in the match, so I was pretty sure I was going to lose, as losing B had reversed our slight points edge.

BUT!

I land two torpedoes and trigger double floods on the Iowa again! With just seconds to go, his health ticks down to 800 HP and literally as the timer hits zero, he floods out and sinks! The point loss from the battleship kill reverses the lead, and we win on points!

Replay here.

This is exactly the kind of game that makes me enjoy this line so much.

shot-20.03.21_01.16.38-0399.jpg

shot-20.03.21_01.16.43-0216.jpg

• Cool 4

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,763 battles
8 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Had an amazing random game just now. Tier VII-IX on Atlantic. Very close game right up to the end, we held B and C caps and had a 4-3 advantage in ships, but the red team BismarckLyon, and Iowa had substantially more health remaining, while our Maass, Lazo, F. der Grobe, and I (Oland) had very low health. With about four minutes remaining, I found myself undetected with 146 HP and the sole survivor with the Iowa and the Lyon attempting to pincer me between them.

I manually aimed a spread of torpedoes at Iowa, which was my closest opponent and was also capping B. I landed two and got a flood, then snuck around the islands in the north and east side of B and manually aimed a second spread after my first spread chased Iowa out of B. I was capping B to prevent the red team point gain, but I had about 40 seconds left to cap it and only about 30 seconds left in the match, so I was pretty sure I was going to lose, as losing B had reversed our slight points edge.

BUT!

I land two torpedoes and trigger double floods on the Iowa again! With just seconds to go, his health ticks down to 800 HP and literally as the timer hits zero, he floods out and sinks! The point loss from the battleship kill reverses the lead, and we win on points!

Replay here.

This is exactly the kind of game that makes me enjoy this line so much.

shot-20.03.21_01.16.38-0399.jpg

shot-20.03.21_01.16.43-0216.jpg

Just goes to show IKEA still makes the best torpedoes

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles
15 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Just goes to show IKEA still makes the best torpedoes

They might have done more damage if I'd put them together right, I had some leftover pieces after...

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Whereas I congratulate you on a great and rewarding game - I question whether the great game was down to the PE DD, alone more likely it was affected by the other 100 things that happened during the match.

I am very happy you enjoy the line though; it is nice when a play style clicks with someone. :cap_like:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,846 posts
22,763 battles
1 hour ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

They might have done more damage if I'd put them together right, I had some leftover pieces after...

Did you forget to attach the Warhead, its ok its common thing when the instructions are written in Nordic.  

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles
7 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Whereas I congratulate you on a great and rewarding game - I question whether the great game was down to the PE DD, alone more likely it was affected by the other 100 things that happened during the match.

I am very happy you enjoy the line though; it is nice when a play style clicks with someone. :cap_like:

No, it could have been done in any ship, really, it's just that yeah, the Pan-Swedish ships click with me. It's that rare line where you do pretty well in it and you have fun playing them. My point in that regard is just that you can put up some solid contributions to your team in these ships. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this