Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC2145

Folks CV are NOT your own personal spotter.

54 comments in this topic

Members
1,429 posts
7,116 battles

Now I am not a CV player, but I get sick of people screaming and name calling in chat at the CV player when they think the CV should be out spotting for them and be their own personal spotter. CV just can not spot for everyone at once anymore like they used to. I would think by now those players raging in chat would know that. The rework CV can only do so much spotting. If they are spotting at A they can't be spotting at C that is just the way it is. Yet time and time again I see players in chat acting like the CV can. I understand many do not like the new CV that is pretty plain by all the chat in the forums, but the new CV rework is not the fault of the players playing them. 

Edited by USMC2145
  • Cool 11
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles

If you see players making such demands you simply have to TK them. As per PTS patch notes WG will soon endorse such conduct and you will turn a lovely unicum purple instead of pink. Preferential MM will be included for your next 100 matches and for the current battle your entire team will be given an enemy map reveal. 

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
560 posts
3,670 battles

If there are no DDs, CVs have to spot. Any cruiser trying to spot will get utterly spanked and the BBs are blind.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

You may not be the "personal" spotter to a specific person... You are the spotter to anything that is dark to come to your light..

Planes are faster then any ship in the board.. Adapt in their use so that people dont even notice...

• Cool 1

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

As a CV, the best use for the fighters is spotting. It's impossible to replicate the same anti-plane shutdown from RTS days and the spotting is more influential on a battle than the 3 planes you shot down. Not required, but it's the team-play move.

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
32 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

the new CV rework is not the fault of the players playing them. 

You mean someone held a gun to their head and forced them to play that ship?

• Cool 2

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

I've played a few CV games, have never been asked to spot.  I do get the occasional request for fighters, but I ignore it like the ship that's asking for it ignores best-practices.  If someone solo yolos off to a distant spot in a CV game, I can't save them from themselves;  asking doesn't change that.

Though it's clear that CV's should be able to deploy fighters to an allied ship -- however even then  it's unwise to throw good fighters behind bad decisions.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,849 posts
5,553 battles
16 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

They did.

They came around midnight. I was promised if I spotted the entire red team and forced DDs away from the caps in domination that my wife and children would live. If BBs burned I would be rewarded...

Edited by Sumseaman
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,929 posts
11,602 battles

correct, CVs are the spotter for the whole team, they can get to the enemy the fastest

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,665 battles

I mean, DDs won't listen if you tell them to spot, so why would CVs? They are just DDs after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 3

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,913 battles

It can be the best use of you CV if you’re bottom tier as trying to do any dmg will just be feeding planes to the enemy team. May not get you a good dmg game but will help your team  get shots and then mid-end game you can start doing your dmg as the “clumped” AA will have thinned down.

Just my $0.02

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Yes they are. Battles with CVs often have a scout gap, ships that could/should be scouting need to play safe and stay in blobs to not get killed by CVs. This often leads to battles with really poor scouting. CVs need to step up and fill the gap that they create in the game. 

Yes they lost some spotting capabilities compared to what the RTS CVs had, but they are still the best scouts in the game. 

• Boring 1

[FEF]
Members
69 posts
5,111 battles
2 hours ago, pewpewpew42 said:

As a CV, the best use for the fighters is spotting.

Lately I've been trying to give one of the DDs fighter cover early in the game while the enemy CV is hunting them, and while they might be racing towards a cap.  Seems to work pretty well.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

I like how half the people in this thread didn't even read the OP. 

Members
215 posts
5,339 battles

You folks need to make choices.. or we spot for you including fighters or we protect ya... you can't have it both ways',No we don't like being your personal spotters because half of you can't shoot straight anyway then blame us for no dropping fighters to protect your sorry hides. 
players need to face the facts... you guys a good chuck of you are good at all ad the only thing you do is whine on the forum that's its the Cv' fault for this and never taking responsibility for them actions

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,689 battles
3 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Now I am not a CV player, but I get sick of people screaming and name calling in chat at the CV player when they think the CV should be out spotting for them and be their own personal spotter. CV just can not spot for everyone at once anymore like they used to. I would think by now those players raging in chat would know that. The rework CV can only do so much spotting. If they are spotting at A they can't be spotting at C that is just the way it is. Yet time and time again I see players in chat acting like the CV can. I understand many do not like the new CV that is pretty plain by all the chat in the forums, but the new CV rework is not the fault of the players playing them. 

Spotting often makes a team win, if team mates realize the CV is doing the job. Sometimes, I drop fighters right in a place they can spot the red CV and a few other ships, or continue flying around controlling my squadron is just out of AA range, and nobody fires at the reds, particularly the red CV... It's what a CV driver has to do particularly when the reds are clustered. AA is to intense, attack is just loosing planes for nothing, and if team mates fire at the ship cluster, it will soon split.

The more I play this game, the more I realize it has countless team play possibilities.

Unfortunaly, in randoms, there is little team play, partly because it's not easy to communicate with team mates. Probably WG should rework the team players interactions.

Oink!!! 

[BLEP]
Members
545 posts
11,601 battles

Did you all even read what the OP wrote. He is not saying CV should not spot. What he is saying is the CV now can't be spotting in two different spots at the same time and that players are acting like they can. I have seen players complain about spotting not understanding that the CV is over on the other cap spotting for those players. 

Edited by Gospel_
  • Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
8 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Unfortunaly, in randoms, there is little team play, partly because it's not easy to communicate with team mates. Probably WG should rework the team players interactions.

Oink!!! 

That would be awesome if there were some kind of auto-chat function that players could jump into so that they could communicate.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,079 posts
8,332 battles
13 hours ago, Taichunger said:

No, but us moral degenerates are born, not made, so it's not our fault.

Players choosing to grief other players with CVs is no different than players choosing to gamble with lootboxes. Nobody blames them, and nobody held a gun to their heads...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
14 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Blame Wargaming. DDs no longer want to spot because 8 times out of 10 they get flayed alive. Cruisers are too vulnerable and will likely get smashed. BBs are basically blind and they need someone to spot for them. CVs are the best at spotting because they don't have to risk their life to do it. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
10 hours ago, Gospel_ said:

Did you all even read what the OP wrote. He is not saying CV should not spot. What he is saying is the CV now can't be spotting in two different spots at the same time and that players are acting like they can. I have seen players complain about spotting not understanding that the CV is over on the other cap spotting for those players. 

I find a lot of good reasons to complain about some CV drivers & their lack of understanding prioritizing spotting.

But even the best CV commanders can't spot 2 areas at one time.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
15 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

If there are no DDs, CVs have to spot. Any cruiser trying to spot will get utterly spanked and the BBs are blind.

Carriers can't be everywhere at once. A carrier is also not going to drop whatever they are currently doing just to spot on the opposite side of the map.

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
560 posts
3,670 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

Carriers can't be everywhere at once. A carrier is also not going to drop whatever they are currently doing just to spot on the opposite side of the map.

They should. This is a vision game, the team that loses that loses the match. The greatest BB driver in NA is going to roll over and die if nothing is spotted and he's being shot blind. Carriers spotting are much more useful to the team than faffing around, missing bombs on lone ships, while leaving everyone else blind.

• Boring 1

[DJL]
Members
214 posts
6,652 battles
22 minutes ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

They should. This is a vision game, the team that loses that loses the match. The greatest BB driver in NA is going to roll over and die if nothing is spotted and he's being shot blind. Carriers spotting are much more useful to the team than faffing around, missing bombs on lone ships, while leaving everyone else blind.

Being shot blind by what a dd or cl in smoke or behind an island if so even if they are spotted what good will it do so he will know who burned him down for being a dumb:etc_swear: so he can report them.

Far as cv's go I go for my side of the map control like if my ship is on one side of the map like A side I'll cover my team on that side denied access to other cv if needed the closer my aircraft carrier is to the action or place I am guarding the more power I can produce because of less travel time. 

I'm sorry but if your over at C on the other side of the map I'm not and most other cv drivers or not going to over extend themselves to help you shoot at max range in a 2 cv match yes 1 cv get one side of the map other cv get other. We all do what we can to help each other or should.

When spotting all the time gives me credits sure why not but as of now I will get my damage as well. 

Sign in to follow this