You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sou1forge

Is intentionally getting killed in a CV against the rules, or...

45 comments in this topic

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

...is that just fine. No names, but I just played against a guy in a Midway who literally full speed drove to the middle of the map. It ended predictably.

He's played over 200 games in the ship, surviving 17 of them. 17/200 is what... 8.5%? So this isn't his first rodeo. Stats are similar for the rest of the CV ships I've looked at, and we all know CV doesn't statistically die in 91% of their games, no matter how bad they are.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts

If they outlawed suicides,  they'd probably end up banning half the players.

• Funny 7

[RLGN]
Members
14,248 posts
25,088 battles
13 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Farming potential damage?  No rules against suicide ships in the game.

Maybe?

Easier ways to do that though. Ones that don’t screw over your team.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,869 posts
17,905 battles
20 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

...is that just fine. No names, but I just played against a guy in a Midway who literally full speed drove to the middle of the map. It ended predictably.

He's played over 200 games in the ship, surviving 17 of them. 17/200 is what... 8.5%? So this isn't his first rodeo. Stats are similar for the rest of the CV ships I've looked at, and we all know CV doesn't statistically die in 91% of their games, no matter how bad they are.

Send in a report ticket with a replay. 

[LSNB]
Members
1,582 posts
4,409 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Maybe?

Easier ways to do that though. Ones that don’t screw over your team.

Or come at the cost of credits.

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,335 battles

Can be consider botting / throwing games.

17 survive out of 200 ? Most likely a bot

• Cool 2

[WPORT]
Members
5,385 posts
10,416 battles
39 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

35 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Farming potential damage?  No rules against suicide ships in the game.

Tier-10 CV, Midway.
If an objective is to receive damage to complete one of the European Destroyer Event directives, it is difficult to think of a better way to set up a target that will absorb damage longer than a DD and attract as much or more attention from opposing team's ordnance.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Not how I would've done it.  But, I guess they're in a hurry?  :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

[STURM]
Members
707 posts
5,737 battles

@Sou1forge, this wouldn't happen to be a clanless player who's tag ends in 30, with a 2 in the middle of it?

If so, please please please send the replay in to WG if you havent already. He's been doing this for a few months, so I'm hoping that if enough reports get sent in, WG will finally ban him.

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,484 battles
54 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

Sometimes your finger lands on the W key when the planes didn't take off.  The ship goes full ahead while you're thinking "Stupid planes" and sending them up, then taking off.  Now your ship is charging ahead while your mind is elsewhere and can result in sad times.

Not saying the person in question was fully above-board, but saying the "full-ahead into... what?  WHAT?  CRAP!  Grrr :\" 

...does happen from time to time <.<

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,870 battles
1 hour ago, Sou1forge said:

Wouldn't happen to be something along the lines of "It'sHard......"?

My clanmate and I just played with him on Shatter. He drove straight into B, and was summarily executed by the Red DD and CA.

[GWG]
Members
6,943 posts
13,489 battles

As a Midway driver, I can safely say....
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY THE MIDWAY AND STILL BE PROFITABLE.

The Midway pays through the nose for lost aircraft (except Self Defense Fighters).  So if they are never launched -- no ammo bill.

The Midway has excellent secondaries - so the best strategy is to dive right into the center of the map.  It's also a well armored ship.

Once today, I drove my Midway through the middle of Two Brothers and capped on the other side.

But I got my 30 ribbons for Navel Battles -- that's all I wanted.  Couple flights of HVAR rocket fighters did the trick.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Yeah purposely throwing your ship away is poor form. You can report plays poorly with in game reporting. You can also send in a ticket with a replay.

[RLGN]
Members
14,248 posts
25,088 battles
29 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If an objective is to receive damage to complete one of the European Destroyer Event directives, it is difficult to think of a better way to set up a target that will absorb damage longer than a DD and attract as much or more attention from opposing team's ordnance.

Or just play a battleship, and don’t be an idiot.

Was just a Co-op game, but I had a round in GkF with 3.3mil PD. Took a big chunk off one of the recent PD tasks.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,870 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The Midway pays through the nose for lost aircraft (except Self Defense Fighters).  So if they are never launched -- no ammo bill.

The Midway has excellent secondaries - so the best strategy is to dive right into the center of the map.  It's also a well armored ship.

Once today, I drove my Midway through the middle of Two Brothers and capped on the other side.

But I got my 30 ribbons for Navel Battles -- that's all I wanted.  Couple flights of HVAR rocket fighters did the trick.

If you're desperate to get your naval battle ribbons, but don't have the decency to actually play the ship and not ruin your teammates game, run Coop. It's quick, and you'll get your ribbons.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
11 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

It's a t10 ship. Unless you are running prem camo and premium you are not going to be turning much of a profit in any ship...

[INTEL]
Members
13,033 posts
35,958 battles
11 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Da, he is biggest super bot right now @Hapa_Fodder

Yep. Know this guy too. I think I reported him before like so many others to no avail.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
45 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Wouldn't happen to be something along the lines of "It'sHard......"?

My clanmate and I just played with him on Shatter. He drove straight into B, and was summarily executed by the Red DD and CA.

I'm not saying it doesn't.

And if you meant Hot Spot instead of Shatter, then I was that DD.

Edit: Yeah checked the roster and you weren't in that game, but that adds fuel to the suspicion that he is doing it most games. We are talking about the same guy.

54 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Sometimes your finger lands on the W key when the planes didn't take off.  The ship goes full ahead while you're thinking "Stupid planes" and sending them up, then taking off.  Now your ship is charging ahead while your mind is elsewhere and can result in sad times.

Not saying the person in question was fully above-board, but saying the "full-ahead into... what?  WHAT?  CRAP!  Grrr :\" 

...does happen from time to time <.<

17/200 Survival rating Midway. If it was once, big deal. 17/200 is not once.

Edited by Sou1forge

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,071 posts
19,197 battles

I just played against a guy in a Midway who literally full speed drove to the middle of the map

Pure guilt.

• Cool 1

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,870 battles
2 minutes ago, Sou1forge said:

And if you meant Hot Spot instead of Shatter, then I was that DD. 

Nope, we were on Shatter. Only played Hotspot once tonight, and there wasn't a CV there. Guess it's a trend for him.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
2 minutes ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Nope, we were on Shatter. Only played Hotspot once tonight, and there wasn't a CV there. Guess it's a trend for him.

Yeah I checked and edited, but it seems you were too fast for me.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,484 battles

i17/200 Survival rating Midway. If it was once, big deal. 17/200 is not once.

Absolutely.  I was more generously describing the 1/100 battles derp that happens.  This dude sounds like a completely different story.

[WPORT]
Members
5,385 posts
10,416 battles
8 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

If you're desperate to get your naval battle ribbons, but don't have the decency to actually play the ship and not ruin your teammates game, run Coop. It's quick, and you'll get your ribbons.

Co-op players do not deserve to deal with this sort of dumb-@$$-ery any more than random battle players do.

Seriously.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles

Definitely a botter.  We had a guy a while back that was notoriously doing this even in Co-op in his Missouri to such an extent that he got recognized by a bunch of people on the boards and in the game.  He botted so much, getting into Hall of Fame that he's received prizes from WG.

Edit:  I'm trying to remember the dude's name, can't recall it right now, but I'm sure some of you guys remember.  He changed it once or twice to try and hide what he was doing.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
9 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Can be consider botting / throwing games.

17 survive out of 200 ? Most likely a bot

Or a troll CV player