You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kagenomure

6 volleys kill

14 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

Hello. I got a curious question as this has happened to me once so it may be a fluke but im not sure.

In one match in my tier 9 BB i got killed in 6 volleys by a smolenks spamming HE shells, now i know useing HE has been a spamm mechniced used by a lot of people and with the recent changes that its become more popular to do

But how can 6 volleys take out 71k in health from a smolensk that is hideing behind an island in smoke shooting through 2 islands, not around, not over but through and wiping out a BB.

I watched the replay of the battle over and over again and he had pinpoint accuracy, Not one shell missed every shell hit.

Now i understand some people are that good but how can it happen through 2 islands, i did not thin a smoklensk had that good of an accuracy at 18k

• Funny 1

Members
269 posts
5,070 battles

6 volleys shouldn't kill your BB

If you have the after action report, it might be helpful looking at what else may have damaged you at the same time

Members
3,750 posts
23,270 battles

You most likely to several hits in the citadel from a BB in addition to the Smolensk volleys.

[HINON]
Members
13,235 posts

Replay? This would help us answer your question definitively. 

[WORX]
Members
10,595 posts
18,494 battles
10 minutes ago, Kagenomure said:

In one match in my tier 9 BB i got killed in 6 volleys by a smolenks spamming HE shells,

Mathematically not possible... BB can sink a Smolensk in less then 6 hits...

While some BBs have zombie heals that makes HE spamming useless.

Replay or it did not happen... Detail report will only support but not confirm your claim...

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

i tried to hit him but he was the only one fire at me (the skills i have showed only 1 ship fireing, he was behind and island in smoke

Members
64 posts
1,209 battles

i sent the replay in to WG to get them to look at it, either i missed something obvious which is likely. but i even checked to see if anything else hit me, the only crapthat connected with shots was the smol

[WOLF3]
Members
26,967 posts
23,767 battles
13 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

You most likely to several hits in the citadel from a BB in addition to the Smolensk volleys.

It's the attacks that people don't account for that really smack people around.  Smolensk isn't going to take down a high HP BB in 6 volleys.  Something else smashed the OP.

@Kagenomure  Attach the replay to the thread.  We can see what went on.  I'm betting it's at least another BB, possibly two or more, that saw your broadsides and blew you out the water.  You were probably too focused on the Smolensk when some BB(s) off to the side were the ones that really did you in.

The only other thing that can take down a high HP BB in short order outside of BB AP shells are torpedoes, but those are very distinct with all the warnings associated with them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles

Let's do some math based on OPs claims.

Smolensk has 1800 max damage with a HE shell, which is 28.800 per salvo. Six salvos is 172.800 damage. However, that assumes all shells hit, penetrate and citadel the target. Since OP is in a battleship I'm going to assume that no citadel damage has occurred, which means 57.600 max damage, if all shells hit and penetrate for 1/3 damage.

What battleship was OP in that had 57.600 max hitpoints or less, that faces Smolensks?

Another claim made by OP, that "Every volley started a fire" ...

I find this claim also incredibly dubious, as fires cannot be started on a section that is already on fire, and for six volleys to start six fires, with 'every shell hitting' the Smolensk driver would have to have perfect aim, perfect spread and perfect dispersion.

My conclusion? OP is exaggerating 'misremembering'.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

My conclusion? OP is exaggerating 'misremembering'.

Most likely got nailed by another BB but never saw it cause Smolensk used up all his Vram drawing HE tracers... :cap_haloween:

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,092 posts
18,904 battles
3 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Most likely got nailed by another BB but never saw it cause Smolensk used up all his Vram drawing HE tracers... :cap_haloween:

Probably.

[GOB]
Members
2,035 posts

I play the Smol at times and I think the OP needs to listen to the explanations from the people here.   6 volleys did not do in a BB by itself...  

I have to say.................

tenaetjor.gif

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,643 battles

Awe c'mon guys....

I have a Smolensk....

We need to keep the Russian Bias and this ship too OP going.....

Let him have his remembrance....

Like impossible to land every shellat 18km......

Troll maybe.