You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zeke3

3 CV's per side in Tier 4 is garbage

29 comments in this topic

[-NOM-]
Members
105 posts
11,857 battles

Two games in a row right now.   6 CV's in the game.   With almost zero AA,  it's just a mess.   

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
317 posts
10,122 battles

I was having a rough session last night so took out my Clemson to chill.  Ran into 6 CVs.  Sunk all 3 enemy CVs in my Clemson.  Felt good, but wished we had the same sort of Epic medals as they do in World of Tanks.

Dumitru's Medal

Awarded for destroying three enemy self-propelled artillery in one battle, with a tank or tank destroyer. Can be obtained in Random Battles only.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles

Good thing that will go away, they're hard-capping CVs at 2 next update.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

They should re-think that. Perhaps hard-capping CVs at 0 would be a bigger improvement?

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,690 posts

Agree 100%. I don't mind carriers. I think they are important. However, as things stand right now, more than 1 per side is broken.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,690 posts
22 minutes ago, legozer said:

They should re-think that. Perhaps hard-capping CVs at 0 would be a bigger improvement?

Or not...

[SIDE]
Members
4,690 posts
26 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I'd like to see hard cap at 1 per side until spotting, AA and rocket issues are addressed.

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
36 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Right up until the point the queue dumps become an issue, and they quietly rescind that... :Smile_sceptic:

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
17 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Agree 100%. I don't mind carriers. I think they are important. However, as things stand right now, more than 1 per side is broken.

Agreed. I actually feel a little bad when I play CV, if I'm not the only one on my team.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Right up until the point the queue dumps become an issue, and they quietly rescind that... :Smile_sceptic:

Meh, you're alive right up until the point your heart stops and your brain shuts down. Until then, live!

Members
562 posts
18 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I'd like to see hard cap at 1 per side until spotting, AA and rocket issues are addressed.

Its been three years of constant re-balances & tweaks, and one major overhaul... 

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Aparently WG is looking out for this and might put a cap of 2 CVs at T4. 

Anyway,  the best proof that CVs are OP and unbalanced and the rework is a failure is the fact that WG is puting soft and hard caps on CV numbers per battle. If CVs were balanced there would be no issue in having multiple CVs per battle. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
317 posts
10,122 battles
4 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Aparently WG is looking out for this and might put a cap of 2 CVs at T4. 

Anyway,  the best proof that CVs are OP and unbalanced and the rework is a failure is the fact that WG is puting soft and hard caps on CV numbers per battle. If CVs were balanced there would be no issue in having multiple CVs per battle. 

Two separate topics.  It doesn't mean they're OP and/or unbalanced.  It does mean people find playing against multiple CVs unfun and discouraging.

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
4 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Its been three years of constant re-balances & tweaks, and one major overhaul...

1 minute ago, Xlap said:

It’s my belief WG convinced themselves internally that the CV rework would be loved by one and all, (I hated it as a tester in Dec. 2018, and I still hate it now,) but since that expectation blew up in their faces, they now have no idea what to do.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
17 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

I dunno, right now, you get a lot of games with no CVs. Hard cap them at 1, you could see a CV almost every match.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,690 posts
28 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Fully aware. Lots of development and moving parts over the years. Not just with carriers but new lines and new mexhanics.

[SIDE]
Members
4,690 posts
18 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, right now, you get a lot of games with no CVs. Hard cap them at 1, you could see a CV almost every match.

Possible. Longer que times for CV might drop numbers who want to play them a bit. Unintended consequences but maybe silver lining for some as well?

• Cool 1

[55UP]
Members
405 posts
2,831 battles
52 minutes ago, Xlap said:

While I’m not certain, I’m pretty sure that every class has a cap. I know this is true in operations, pretty sure it’s true in co-op and random. 

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
1 hour ago, thebigblue said:

That would at least be a short term solution for the lower tiers especially.  I don't play down their much, but when I do, it isn't very much fun with multiple CVs worth of planes flying around.

1 hour ago, Xlap said:

Agreed.  If you have to put a cap on a ship to prevent it from even being 1/3 of the ships in the battle, then it doesn't fit.  Every other ship can be 1/3 or more of the total ships in battle and the game is fine.  Put the same number of CVs in there and it is broken.  That says something.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

There will be more queue dumps but I think they will mostly be full or near full matches which isn't as bad as small matches.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
2 hours ago, Tibson said:

I was having a rough session last night so took out my Clemson to chill.  Ran into 6 CVs.  Sunk all 3 enemy CVs in my Clemson.  Felt good, but wished we had the same sort of Epic medals as they do in World of Tanks.

Dumitru's Medal

Awarded for destroying three enemy self-propelled artillery in one battle, with a tank or tank destroyer. Can be obtained in Random Battles only.

Sounds like you do just fine with 3 cv so whats the big deal

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
29 minutes ago, FineousFingers said:

While I’m not certain, I’m pretty sure that every class has a cap. I know this is true in operations, pretty sure it’s true in co-op and random. 

If im not mistaken, BBs and DDs have a hard cap of 6 and a soft of 5. Which means they can be half the team. CVs are getting hard cap of two and soft of one, which is leass than 1/4 of the team. This is a huge diference.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,043 posts
8,295 battles
4 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Because it was a 1 DD match, and while he was off chasing CVs, the other DD was killing his team, and they lost.....:Smile_trollface:

Beta Testers
317 posts
10,122 battles
5 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I enjoy playing CVs, and in addition I have no problem playing my DDs in a CV environment.  But 3 CVs is not fun for anyone so I'm glad they're cutting back the number per battle.  Even 2 CVs is pretty painful to play against.  My post was meant as a fun comment, especially for the folks who come from a World of Tanks background.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 minutes ago, Tibson said:

I enjoy playing CVs, and in addition I have no problem playing my DDs in a CV environment.  But 3 CVs is not fun for anyone so I'm glad they're cutting back the number per battle.  Even 2 CVs is pretty painful to play against.  My post was meant as a fun comment, especially for the folks who come from a World of Tanks background.

As a cv player I dont really like 3 eather but in this case he got them all so it sounds like 4.might be needed. :)

Edited by jags_domain