Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TaxDollarsAtWork

Question with regards to AP

6 comments in this topic

Members
91 posts
2,423 battles

I am having trouble understanding some aspects of AP as it works in the game, namely I'd like to be able to see penetration values at different ranges for the guns on my ship and enemy ships.

I can't seem to find a penetration table in the harbor, is this an intentionally hidden number that I'm supposed to get a feel for as I play or is it tied to something else?

[WOLF3]
Members
26,976 posts
23,775 battles

You won't find penetration values for AP shells ingame.  Go to the Fitting Tool link in my signature, then hit the Artillery Chart.

There's lots of things in the game that you can't find out while in it, and have to do some homework.

Anyways, good luck and keep at it.  Learn what you can and if you got questions, ask them.  We argue with each other a lot around here about certain things, but you'll find that the knowledge around here is pretty good.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,869 posts
17,911 battles

If you're a BBer, I've found just memorizing or noting bow overmatch thresholds on the various BBs is a big help.  And for higher tiers, it helps a bit to look at the cruisers as well.  Otherwise, I just observe how my engagement unfolds and switch based on results. 

Alpha Tester
4,287 posts
6,522 battles

Unfortunately the way angles of fall and target angle work the pure numbers are... less than helpful. They can tell you relatively what guns pen more than others but turning that into this ship penetrating this plate at this range/angle is more involved than is practical.

Members
91 posts
2,423 battles
8 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

https://wowsft.com/arty

You can use this website to look up and compare penetration values.

Thanks this is exactly the sort of tool I was looking for slight problem though in that I only own the Italian ships as they're my highest nation and what I really started with and they're not listed but thank you nonetheless

Sign in to follow this