Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
franz_von_goltz

Ranked & Buffs, Your Opinion

5 comments in this topic

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,202 posts
5,588 battles

Oink Goltz!

I like the concept and it could be added to Random battles, something like "Arm Race" battles at all tiers.

I however haven't been able to "feel the difference" when team has captured more Buffs than the reds. I also find that most Buffs are to close from teams, they should be located more centrally. Currently, both teams capture almost the same number of Buffs, at the end, there is not that much difference. Maybe locate the Buffs right and left in the center, teams fight for the Buffs and team that wins the Buffs gain a real advantage?

But in general, the idea of racing for upgrades that give an advantage is really excellent and should be integrated to randoms.

Your opinion?

Oink Goltz! 

PS : WG? I'm still waiting for my premium double hulled GZ, "Graf von Goltz" or simply "The Goltz" at $1000.

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,317 battles

I'll pass. Arms race for a little variety with ranked was okay, but I wouldn't like to play it too often. Not a preferred game mode.

• Cool 1

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

I thought that it put an interesting twist on the season, but should not be replicated.

1. Getting buffs was another thing for DDs to do
    1. Good or bad? You pick. (I wish it awarded more XP though). It also was the impetus for DD dueling in the center a lot.
  2. The heal was too strong. CVs had too-strong planes and HE/fires lost their importance
  3. Point swing was perfect. Just enough to count, not enough to replace kills/capping
  4. Mirrored buffs were good

Not super sure about the concept as a whole. The best thing about it was the creation of minor objectives, which were a fun introduction. I played Smolensk almost the entire season, so the reload got amazing (but not fun for the other guy). Conversely, BBs just healing away all fires got to be tiresome. That Kremlin with Kusnetsov and three heal buffs was invincible while angled at 10k HP. Bovine excrement.

Edited by pewpewpew42

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles

Arms race good idea BUT because WOWS is making high tiers disproportional... RANK+Arm race+ tier 10 was over kill...

If this added back in 2017 for high tiers... I would be onboard with it...

Policies that are in place since 2018 till current have to change... Today's meta influenced by those policies, are just not compatible for the idea of arms race in order for it to be successful.

Its not the idea that is bad, its the core policies of WOWS...

Sign in to follow this