Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

A suggestion about keeping your star

2 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hey there,

I have a suggestion about keeping the star if you are on the losing team.   I feel like I am always playing with idiots who always suicide or camp at the back of the map to farm damage to keep the star.

So, an addition to the person with the highest EXP, any person that achieves a High Caliber Achievement or/and Confederate keeps their star.  I have been in many battles were I managed to rack up 200k damage, still lose, and still lose a star due to a person camping.  I would lose by a few experience (like 10-15).  I felt like I did my part but I still get punished because of people not knowing how to properly play.

In addition, grabbing buffs should award you more exp.   Right now, it seems like you don't get anything for it.   One example was I was in my Shima.   I got about 8 buffs ( I was the only one who got buffs the game).   6 of them were heal buffs.  I did about 40k damage (which wasn't a lot, I know), but we won because of those heals.   Both my G Kurfurst and Yamato were down to less the 20% and managed to stay alive and get back up 60% because of those heals.   We would of not won if I didn't sacrifice me trying to get damage for buffs.   At the end, I was 2nd lowest in Exp.   The buffs mean nothing and don't promote what the actual mode is meant to be played, as a team.    

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

There will be flaws in any "Save a star" mechanic really and they will all benefit one ship type over another.  You can literally win the game for your team in a DD and never fire a shell, or kill 4-5 people on the enemy and essentially lose the game for your team.

About the most fair option I've heard was to have the losing team vote on who should save their star - can't vote for self or clan mates/div mates, and if nobody gets a minimum number of votes (say if its 6v6, need 3 votes, nobody saves.)  Only downside would be the people begging in chat for votes but that probably wouldn't be too bad.

Sign in to follow this