You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

what is wrong with moderators

28 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles

I am using you as an example please do not think i am attacking you. it just really showed what I believe is a fundamental issue. 

This was a response in a thread about WG and CC not being able to talk about WIP ships on media content. 

[WGA]

Hapa_Fodder

• Community Manager
  • Hapa_Fodder
  • Administrator
    • Developers
    • Community Department
    • WG Staff
    • In AlfaTesters
  • 1,220 posts
  • 12,262 battles
  • Manager
  • PCNA008_ab0f60ad79fb92d66a7b4b28830985daPCNB130_6c0a9e9685686662b54e40fc08cc42d6
  •  

Aloha,

"OKAY folks, that is enough conjecture and speculation." We in the NA Community don't hide anything, we don't have any devious motives to what we do, what we tell you, the information that is put out or how we handle our community.@Kalvothe and I are probably some of the most transparent and straightforward people you can deal with in terms of community management". 

•    this is the issue #1 the statement says that we are the best you can get. the rest we know are not helpful or telling the truth. 

"Truth be told, we are VERY busy throughout the day, so while trying to answer your questions in whole, while talking with everyone else in every other topic, having discussions with people on Reddit, FB and Discord." 

• this is infact your job. you get paid to answer us and be here when we want to talk. hence customer service

"  If we say we want to hold off on an in depth discussion in a specific thread it is simply so we can pay it proper attention"

• . how about taking the time now to answering what can only be described as a active dialog. you have the people there talking to you and you are not able to retort their questions and accusations so you end the topic and close it. very dictator like

"At this time, this thread is done." 

• Then last but lont lease you dismiss the entire group of adults im sure as children being sent to their room. 

Edited by MEANN
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 9

[SALVO]
Members
2,026 posts
6,201 battles

@MEANNDid you insert text there?   Its really hard to tell apart who wrote what.  Or atleast the main paragraph reads like there is text inserted from another person talking

Edited by eviltane

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

@Meann Did you insert text there?   Its really hard to tell apart who wrote what. 

i used highlighting and that didnt work so i redid it

[SALVO]
Members
2,026 posts
6,201 battles

I mean I haven't seen the mods do anything particularly wrong nor draconian.    I do know they don't like moderation discussed so this topic might get the AXE real fast.    For what its worth having browsed many forums and subreddits and watched different mods and the NA forum ones are pretty light handed despite me having gotten temp bans from the forum in the past.  So I do not have issues with the mods here.  I disagree with Hapa on his assessment of the DD to CV situation.  But that is opinion stuff and so far he has let the CV topics stand which I appreciate.   

Edited by eviltane

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

I'd argue his and their job isn't so much to communicate with the community, but to police it. The communication is often a courtesy.

Not only that, but I'm quite sure he can't speak on certain matters without approval.

• Cool 2

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
3 minutes ago, eviltane said:

I mean I haven't seen the mods do anything particularly wrong nor draconian.    I do know they don't like moderation discussed so this topic might get the AXE real fast.    For what its worth having browsed many forums and subreddits  I do not have a big issue with the mods here.  I disagree with Hapas on his assessment of the DD to CV situation.  But  so far he has let the CV topics stand.  

he has done this to me in the last few days. he is quite dismissive to everyone and as the face of WG it leaves me with a bad taste. I cant write a google review or complain i can only point out the experience

8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
Folks,

All we're doing is providing options for you to get the ships and additional items.

You don't have to spend anything if you don't want. No one is making you spend your dubs...

Mahalo,

-Hapa
Meann posted 
"sounds a lot like all we are doing is robbing you and we are not going to admit that we are not giving you the value equal to what you are spending. as we know that you will buy it either way. perhaps you need a different job at wg as this is one of the most arrogant things i have seen so far. how about taking the observation to the company and say. hey this isnt right perhaps we should include more content that would equal the money being spent. or add more to make it an actual value bundle as a bundle would indicate more than buying separately.  vs saying you dont have to buy it stupid"

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
3 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I'd argue his and their job isn't so much to communicate with the community, but to police it. The communication is often a courtesy.

Not only that, but I'm quite sure he can't speak on certain matters without approval.

yeah i think he took @Femennenly job and she was very good at it. and he is not as tactful. can't iron fist people on the internet. never works out 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
817 posts
9,732 battles

It feels like you are twisting words OP. In the first paragraph I don’t think how you interpreted it was the intent.

in the second paragraph I think the response you quote is fine. Yes it is their job and what they are paid for but it is unfair to expect them to provide an answer immediately to every discussion ongoing. I’m sure they have other priorities to tend to and taking the time to pay something proper attention seems reasonable to me.

• Cool 2

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
3 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

It feels like you are twisting words OP. In the first paragraph I don’t think how you interpreted it was the intent.

you are right i do not know his intent so i can say i would concede that he could not have meant it the way i experienced it.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[AOD_D]
[AOD_D]
Supertester
220 posts
7,299 battles

Point 1: I feel there is a disconnect in what you are reading and interrupting and what they are saying in context to the posts.

Point 2: There is a lot more to being a community manager than answering each and every criticism, critique, or praise, or message. They also coordinate CCs, testers, community events, social gatherings, coordinate with sales, roll out informational updates on patches... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Point 4: The thread broke community/forum guidelines, and thus, was closed... just like this thread probably will be.

Edited by EpicLeveler
Edit cause I mixed point 4 with 3.
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,026 posts
6,201 battles
11 minutes ago, MEANN said:

he has done this to me in the last few days. he is quite dismissive to everyone and as the face of WG it leaves me with a bad taste. I cant write a google review or complain i can only point out the experience

8 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:
Folks,

All we're doing is providing options for you to get the ships and additional items.

You don't have to spend anything if you don't want. No one is making you spend your dubs...

Mahalo,

-Hapa
Meann posted 
"sounds a lot like all we are doing is robbing you and we are not going to admit that we are not giving you the value equal to what you are spending. as we know that you will buy it either way. perhaps you need a different job at wg as this is one of the most arrogant things i have seen so far. how about taking the observation to the company and say. hey this isnt right perhaps we should include more content that would equal the money being spent. or add more to make it an actual value bundle as a bundle would indicate more than buying separately.  vs saying you dont have to buy it stupid"

I think you are really worked up about this. To give a tad of perspective,  I loved this game too.  It was and could have been one the best games out there.  But whomever is in charge as lead dev or the company owner decided to turn it into a joke with the insistence on continuing the CV rework. The inclusion of CVs in CBs put the nail in the coffin for me.  WG devs do not know whats going on in their own game.        As far as Hapas goes.  Hes paid to be the rep of the company. Of course he will say stuff like  he did. That is his job as the  corporate mouthpiece.    He is not responsible to answer every little nitpick  or criticism that gets voiced on the forums.   You problems and issue are not with the forum mod team.  Your issues and mine are with WG headquarters  with Sub_O  and with his boss.  Its their  casual "vision" of this game that is driving the bad decisions. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles

I hear the lock closing

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
Members
643 posts
9,608 battles
14 minutes ago, MEANN said:

"OKAY folks, that is enough conjecture and speculation." We in the NA Community don't hide anything, we don't have any devious motives to what we do, what we tell you, the information that is put out or how we handle our community.@Kalvothe and I are probably some of the most transparent and straightforward people you can deal with in terms of community management". 

•    this is the issue #1 the statement says that we are the best you can get. the rest we know are not helpful or telling the truth.

Gaming companies have learned to be exceptionally tight-lipped, while trying to feel as talkative as possible.  Happa's reference is more to indicate that he tries his best to talk freely with people instead of trying to word-game and maneuver around topics.  Trying to say he's inferring that everyone else is untrustworthy is childish :\

21 minutes ago, MEANN said:

"Truth be told, we are VERY busy throughout the day, so while trying to answer your questions in whole, while talking with everyone else in every other topic, having discussions with people on Reddit, FB and Discord." 

• this is infact your job. you get paid to answer us and be here when we want to talk. hence customer service

This is also childish :\  Happa works weekends, dude.  The guy is obviously trying very hard, and to sit there and say "Uh, it's your JOB.  SUCK IT UP!" is really childish :\

22 minutes ago, MEANN said:

"  If we say we want to hold off on an in depth discussion in a specific thread it is simply so we can pay it proper attention"

• . how about taking the time now to answering what can only be described as a active dialog. you have the people there talking to you and you are not able to retort their questions and accusations so you end the topic and close it. very dictator like.

Happa is one guy.  The community is MORE than one person.  Do you honestly expect that Happa is happy to be held hostage by any and every person on the internet with an opinion about something?  He is literally asking "Please keep this focused so we can focus intently on this."  

How is this hard to understand?

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

Oh yes, because this is going to end so very well...

Meann, there are thousands of people they have to deal with and moderate every day across multiple platforms. How can you expect a few people to pay every single thing the best of attention all the time? Low your expectations, man.

• Cool 2

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
4 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

Gaming companies have learned to be exceptionally tight-lipped, while trying to feel as talkative as possible.  Happa's reference is more to indicate that he tries his best to talk freely with people instead of trying to word-game and maneuver around topics.  Trying to say he's inferring that everyone else is untrustworthy is childish :\

This is also childish :\  Happa works weekends, dude.  The guy is obviously trying very hard, and to sit there and say "Uh, it's your JOB.  SUCK IT UP!" is really childish :\

Happa is one guy.  The community is MORE than one person.  Do you honestly expect that Happa is happy to be held hostage by any and every person on the internet with an opinion about something?  He is literally asking "Please keep this focused so we can focus intently on this."  

How is this hard to understand?

i was not implying that he is not over burdened or very busy. I was saying that on more than 1 occasion his interactions are mostly unpleasant. i have had more than just him as well. i will not name the other as he has banned me 3 times for no good reason.  

[TARK]
Members
6,662 posts
2,535 battles

The conversation in that thread was circling the drain. It was a good time to close it.

We all had our say and the community managers want to have a think and then open another dialogue.

Let Hapa (who does a good job) do his job and keep things orderly.

Its fine.

• Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

Oh yes, because this is going to end so very well...

Meann, there are thousands of people they have to deal with and moderate every day across multiple platforms. How can you expect a few people to pay every single thing the best of attention all the time? Low your expectations, man.

i was not saying that every thread requires lots of attention. but the one this was taken from had 

161 replies

this is a topic that was being put out by cc streamers and most of the community 

[KSC]
Members
643 posts
9,608 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

i was not implying that he is not over burdened or very busy. I was saying that on more than 1 occasion his interactions are mostly unpleasant. i have had more than just him as well. i will not name the other as he has banned me 3 times for no good reason.  

I've enjoyed talking with you over Discord.  You're a fun guy to have a conversation with.  On the forum, however, you like to stir up the muck and bring out the trolls.  Are you truly surprised that you've butted heads with a community manager?

• Cool 3

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles

as a side note i appreciate how many folks have come to defend the mods and i will consider that as this thread evolves. i may have been a bit harsh. but i think that there is truth in the observation 

Edited by MEANN
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
4 minutes ago, MEANN said:

OITrippin.jpg

It's a joke ok … don't ban me for it :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[HATE]
Members
1,059 posts
16,020 battles
4 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

I've enjoyed talking with you over Discord.  You're a fun guy to have a conversation with.  On the forum, however, you like to stir up the muck and bring out the trolls.  Are you truly surprised that you've butted heads with a community manager?

i will not deny that i do happen to have controversial opinions. and present things in a manner that would bring other to respond. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,740 posts

"The first rule of forum moderation, is don't talk about forum moderation."  :Smile_smile:

When the "worst" thing you can do under the rules is talk about the rules and how they're enforced, that's a red flag.

Oh well. 

Company forums don't exist to create or foster actual community, they only exist to build hype and promote products under the guise of community. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,920 battles
24 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The essence of any forum is free and open discussion … 

If you want to "police" discussions, you're not exactly understanding the way it works :)

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1