You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

My ranked experience has been rather...unenjoyable

21 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,481 battles

Finally fought back to rank 7 after MM said pass.gif.5e2cb105ee339f94e5e796e4e7d3b823.gifand kicked me all the way back to rank 10 after I made it there the first time.

I then spent three days stuck in rank ten. I spent entire nights of play starting at rank ten and two stars and end at rank ten and two stars.

So now I'm at rank seven again and here's the first match:one.thumb.png.3636d59e7c2a902c70af10b77549feb3.png

A one sided blowout. My team couldn't focus fire and ran for the back of the map.

Next match:two.thumb.png.e12c10190aebeab53276a1a7022cb94a.png

Red team gets not one but two super cruisers. I immediately go into save-a-star mode and farm enough damage to keep it. We managed to sink one ship woo hoo, a whole bucket load of fun and engaging game play!

Next match:three.thumb.png.a497e4f7edd7bbef5185a819de1aa786.png

We lost 4 ships in the first 6 minutes despite their Yoshino being AFK. I went back to port, I'm beginning to get the hint from MM that once again, tier seven is as far as I'm allowed to go.

Last match I hop in Moskva. The red CV goes after me with dive bombers. Each hit shows on my screen as a miss but then 17,800 damage triple citadels happen about 5 seconds later after the miss. It happened THREE times in a row. I was sunk in less than 4 minutes into the match by the CV.

For the sake of my sanity, I am not going to participate in any more ranked matches this season. In the future I will make it to rank ten for the flag and call it quits. The MM placed me on worthless teams once I had reached a certain rank. 

Trying to rank out is impossible for me. There is one silver lining to all this: I was able to grind out all of the legendary modules that I still needed to complete. If it weren't for that, I would have thrown in the towel the first time I got kicked back to rank ten from rank seven.

Edited by Rabbitt81

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

Zao is a fantastic damage farmer, not so great for carrying a game on its own tho, you might want to consider a ship change, it may help. Its pretty late in the season which often doesn't help, try to go for a ship that will make a strong impact quickly.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,258 battles

Regular ranked needs a safe rank at perhaps 7.  It is the reason I don't play past rank 10...just too depressing to play your heart out and get boned by bad teammates.  I don't mind if the other team is just good, and you can tell when they are, but to lose by one (or more) person that has no clue on how to play a competitive battle... oh look I got this shiny new T10 w coal, lets go play ranked...but their best regular ship may be a T8.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
4 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Regular ranked needs a safe rank at perhaps 7.  It is the reason I don't play past rank 10...just too depressing to play your hear out and get boned by bad teammates.  I don't mind if the other team is just good, and you can tell when they are, but to lose by one (or more) person that has no clue on how to play a competitive battle... oh look I got this shiny new T10 w coal, lets go play ranked...but their best regular ship may be a T8.

QFT! It's no wonder people don't bother by and large, and many that do just farm...

[NFJF]
Members
50 posts
1,379 battles
28 minutes ago, Sethanas said:

Zao is a fantastic damage farmer, not so great for carrying a game on its own tho, you might want to consider a ship change, it may help. Its pretty late in the season which often doesn't help, try to go for a ship that will make a strong impact quickly.

I agree that zao is a tough ship to carry with for most i think if you play it you need to either go full toxic save a star mode from the beginning or go and kill the dd's . killing dd's while keeping yours alive i think gives your team the bes opportunity to win.. However you do this your probably not saving a star .

12 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Regular ranked needs a safe rank at perhaps 7. oh look I got this shiny new T10 w coal, lets go play ranked...but their best regular ship may be a T8.

so you want to give people with those shiny new t10 without a clue out to play them a shot at remaining at rank 7 instead of filtering out back to 12?  Heck no ..

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,258 battles
Just now, 0h_Kay_B00M3R said:

so you want to give people with those shiny new t10 without a clue out to play them a shot at remaining at rank 7 instead of filtering out back to 12?  Heck no ..

Not they usually don't get past 10, this is for the middle of the road players that bring life to the server and to each game mode. 

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,046 posts
12,726 battles

I've stayed clear of tier 10 ranked play because I don't like how people play at tier 10.

From what I see on the forums, it appears that I've made the right call.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,583 posts
15,711 battles
1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

I don't play past rank 10...just too depressing to play your heart out and get boned by bad teammates

This happens to everyone. It is part of the game. Yes it is very disheartening.

However my humble .02 cents. Ultimately it falls on each individual players shoulders. I feel this is actually what separates the ones who make it to beyond R10 and I imagine R5-R1. I can't say within a surety on the latter because I've not been there and due to my skill level never will be. That is besides the point. 

Yes, I am respectfully envious of the ones who can rank out in regular ranked. I will just get what I can in regular rank and push for ranking out in rank sprint. I can always use the coal.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

0 posts

It's all simple. With selling hi-tiers resource ships and premiums WG turned both randoms and ranked into [...]show. Add here "easy I win" class of ships: CV, Smolensk, OP premiums (and to certain degree power-creep) Just install MMM, look at stats. 90% of players have <45%. At this point I don't think situation is salvagable. WG made choice to widen hi-tier player base - made money, screwed up old time players (at this point I'm finding myself at rare situation - usually you stop playing game when it's becoming boring and old. but in case of WoWs the reason to quit seems to be WG balance decisions and WG hi-tiers sell off decision). For seasoned players the only enjoyable experience probably is playing full divisions and CB. Everything else sadly turned into meh. 

p.s. what kind of team can we talk about if half of hi-tier players doesn't have 1000 battles on their account and other half are those who don't care so they start battle with message like: "let's rush line 2"... dying in 2 minutes and match is thrown.

and illustration to the teams today. 

Spoiler

Unsalvagable game. T4/5, 2-div unicum on red, if you'd argue it's not hi-tier... unfortunately hi-tiers looks much worse. 4 players with double digit games and 4 players with triple. And yes - hi-tiers have double-digit account game players and this is really sad

Here we have on the left side 4 red (which means they going to most likely suicide at start or hide behind spawn - no middle ground), and 4 black (which usually either hidden profile either as in this case not games in that ship yet, which is not the problem - all start with something, but judging by averate account XP nothing good to be expecterd).

image.thumb.png.f1b5b6e6c42d85e6ec79dbb699f4a33e.png

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Cool 1

[BB35]
Members
517 posts
3,859 battles

I play to rank 10...4 wins a rank after that is just to much work for me.

Edited by Markk9
  • Cool 2

Members
698 posts
3,436 battles

I must be weird but I actually enjoy ranked. Especially T10. I like, actually like taking my Salem out. Due to time I'm never able to get that far, but I'll take R9 at the mo. Maybe push for R5 on my day off before the season ends. 

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,586 battles

and then some of us ranked out decently fast without too much problem , i made it with 145 battle some in the clan made it with less and some more , the lowest i know is around 80 battle to rank out this rank  season,

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,350 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Rank 15 is all you need for the season flag.

The Rank 10 flag gives you a discount on ship repair costs, that's why its worth the grind for most of us (like myself... I quit out at 10.)

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,303 posts
25,241 battles
16 minutes ago, TheArc said:

The Rank 10 flag gives you a discount on ship repair costs, that's why its worth the grind for most of us (like myself... I quit out at 10.)

Ah. Forgot about that.

It’s just a temporary flag though, isn’t it?

I was just talking about the decorative port flag they give out for the season.

[A-K-A]
Members
9 posts
11,467 battles

This has been one of the worst season in recent memory for me. I went to rank 4 and doing well until the virus hit. Since then I have dropped to rank 10 and get back out of 9/10. I've had close to a 25% win rate in last 75 games even with solid game from myself. 

Too much is based on luck. I cant carry like the great players can but I have ranked out the last 4 seasons until now. 

There should be a save between 1-10.

[TARK]
Members
6,597 posts
2,521 battles

A strange game...the only winning move is not to play.

Seriously, stop playing ranked. Especially if it makes you unhappy.

There is NOTHING that WG is offering in terms of pixels that is going to change that unhappiness. All of the unicums and tryhards in the thread telling you to 'git gud'? They are not giving you good advice.

It's only a game. Why you 'heff to be mad? Don't be mad, play games that make you happy.

WG won't worry about posts on a forum. They might start paying attention if player numbers in game modes don't match the quotas. So take your feelings and let them motivate your actions.

[-FFS-]
Members
10 posts
5,606 battles

they should put a safe rank around 5-7 somewhere.  Its too much pressure to get a winning steak of 40 games...im at 60% winrate at rank now,  it would take me about 70 games take from R10 to R1 if luck is consistant.  As we all know ofc NOT!  A bad day can completely send me back to R12.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,350 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It’s just a temporary flag though, isn’t it?

Yeah, lasts until the end of ranked I think. Even just that 10% can carry into a fair bit of credits over time. 

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,232 battles

There is a secret to enjoying the social interaction of folks playing in ranks 10 through 6. That is, play in the top league. Once you hit rank 5..... for real, the toxicity and entitlement sky rocket. So do the steel ships. Weirdly, the number of games per rank also increases, making it harder to progress. So, the rewards do not actually increase.

I made it to rank 4, but the experience above rank 5 has diminished my opinion of the WOWS community. There are some seriously unhappy folks "playing" this "game".