You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

Two Impossible Things Happened This Game

19 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

The first impossible thing was that I detonated a bow-on Dunkerque with 49599 health. I've seen this thing bounce Izumo shells and I managed to detonate one that was bow-on to me. "Fun and Engaging" am I right? :Smile_playing:

685222615_bayerncarry.thumb.jpg.924a9f1f9a8143b9fb609a7e59b3a07b.jpg

541039193_bayerncarry2.thumb.jpg.221236a63fb956447aa5dbb95d16edc1.jpg

Second Impossible thing was that I shot down an allied aircraft, which I thought was impossible. What makes this even more hilarious is that there were no CVs on either team. :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy: WG, I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION! :fish_glass:

1982292759_Bayerncarry3.thumb.jpg.58ecfc5354bb09bb09d56b515fc74797.jpg

1625914835_bayerncarry4.thumb.jpg.dd8d5d52b5c00628fce99fab2fceb4ae.jpg

• Boring 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Oh and I forgot to mention that I turned my AA off during the match so......

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts

Well ya hit it right between the deck and the turret mount . Straight into the citadel. Poof . If no flag equiped. ND as for the planes .......The villagers did it mad blamed you for it. lmbo.

Members
4,335 posts
11,177 battles

The shooting down friendly aircraft issue is a known and very reported bug this patch. As to the detonation, it's all a matter of RNG - once your ship hits a certain percentage of your HP (I think it's 75% now) any hit to the magazine or blast radius that hits it can cause detonation, so if you hit the barbette and it bounced down through the deck into the magazine, that would cause a detonation roll

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The shooting down friendly aircraft issue is a known and very reported bug this patch. As to the detonation, it's all a matter of RNG - once your ship hits a certain percentage of your HP (I think it's 75% now) any hit to the magazine or blast radius that hits it can cause detonation, so if you hit the barbette and it bounced down through the deck into the magazine, that would cause a detonation roll

But what are the chances of that happening?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,390 posts
14,152 battles

The first thing is far from impossible, HE shells have a blast radius. Way back in alpha my Fuso detonated to a single Langley torpedo that barely scratched the paint.

The second is a known and documented bug in this patch. I am somewhat surprised that no one has come here whining that shooting down that plane made them pink.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The first thing is far from impossible, HE shells have a blast radius. Way back in alpha my Fuso detonated to a single Langley torpedo that barely scratched the paint.

It was an AP shell.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,550 posts
8,473 battles
13 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Slim, but not impossible.  I detonated in my NY once.  I was at about 90% HP when I got hit.

Only detonation in a BB (unless it was the 2nd of 5 torpedoes I was going to eat).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,390 posts
14,152 battles
1 minute ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

It was an AP shell.

the famed lucky bb.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

the famed lucky bb.

I didn't fire HE the entire game as shown in the report.

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

The title of the OP is misleading. If it's impossible, why did you show us examples of the possibility actually occurring?

One a bug, second you won the lottery.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,390 posts
14,152 battles
5 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

I didn't fire HE the entire game as shown in the report.

I will be honest, I didn't look at that. You found a spot where you could penetrate and hit the magazine and the other player rolled craps.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
4 minutes ago, Bguk said:

The title of the OP is misleading. If it's impossible, why did you show us examples of the possibility actually occurring?

One a bug, second you won the lottery.

According to the dictionary, impossible can be either not capabale of occuring or very unlikely to the point that it basically won't occur. The second one is technically impossible in game since it's a bug and the first one is so unlikely that I thought it would have been impossible.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I will be honest, I didn't look at that. You found a spot where you could penetrate and hit the magazine and the other player rolled craps.

The Dunkerque killed me as well. I had 3k hp left and the Dunkerque killed me right after I killed him. The chat exploded into lulz.

• Cool 1

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts
8 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

According to the dictionary, impossible can be either not capabale of occuring or very unlikely to the point that it basically won't occur. The second one is technically impossible in game since it's a bug and the first one is so unlikely that I thought it would have been impossible.

We use different dictionaries.

Either way, you should play the lottery with that det happening.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles

Well, four more impossible things and you could enjoy a nice breakfast at Milliways, the restaurant at the end of the universe.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,903 posts
8,155 battles
51 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Very very low.

I had a similar thing happen way back when, (in a Bayern no less) but the target was a Gneisenau, and there was no detonation, just a citadel hit. (that didn't sink the target)

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,757 battles
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

The chances are very small.  But "very small" and zero are not the same thing.  Very low probability events will happen.  Rarely, but they'll happen.

Want a real-world example?  It's an AFV example, not a ship, but it really happened.  During the early days of the Battle of the Budge, an ad hoc US Army combat group was defending a Belgian town.  As their perimeter collapsed, German units entered the town.  A US M8 armored car was sitting on a street in town, when a German panther tank rounded the corner in front of them with no warning.  The M8 gunner fired a panic shot at the panther, and the german tank exploded.  No way could that M8's 37mm main gun penetrate the frontal armor of a panther tank, but it happened.  The M8's crew lived to tell about it.  The army later determined there were only 2 ways it could have happened.  Either (a) the round hit the lower side of the tank's gun mantlet and ricocheted downward, through the thin top of the driver's compartment, or else (b) the gunner in his panic missed completely, the round hit the cobblestones between the tank's tracks, and ricocheted up, through the tank's underbelly.

Such stuff happens.

[NEMO]
Members
692 posts
2,042 battles

that explains a lot, even with no Carriers I get penalized for shooting down an allied aircraft sometimes, 

But on a lighter note I can honestly say this , DO NOT TORPEDO A JAPAN LINE TIER 3 ENEMY BOT DESTROYER and sink it, you'll get pink for two battles