You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

Scuttlebutt #46 (featuring Abruzzi)

6 comments in this topic

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,667 posts
12,382 battles

I picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.  All that and more in this week's Scuttlebutt.

Edited by SeaRaptor00
  • Cool 3

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,983 posts
14,220 battles

As an Italian navy fan, I wanted Abruzzi for years, finally had the doubloons for her this Christmas season, and rather than wait for a lucky drop, I said, time to buy.  Love my Duca, Roma, Cesare, Venzia and Abruzzi has not disappointed in any way, perhaps I like her the best!  Water Mine Torps are such a fun feature of these ships...but have gone pink a few times by friendlies driving over half the map and THEN running into my torps lol.   Always nice way to end the game by smacking sky cancer!

• Cool 3

[TIGRB]
Members
309 posts
1,253 battles

Likewise, My Dad got me the Abruzzi for Christmas. I need my Capt points to get stealth but she is a fun and usefull cruiser! AP is weak but I just burn stuff and torp. I call her CL Turn and Burn! Lol:cat_paw:

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Ive always enjoyed Abruzzi, one of my favorite ships in the game. She got a bad reputation because she is not DPM monter and as a T7 crsuier many players like to compare with Belfast, which is really unfair considering how OP Belfast is. 

What i like about Abruzzi is that its a very versatille cruiser, good mobility, concealment, consumables, the weapons (guns and torps) are not amazing but they do the job. IMO a great T7 crusier. 

With the IFHE nerf, i would like to see the AP shells being nerfed, Abruzzi AP shells are garbage, not worth using unless the enmy is at point blank range and flat broadside to you. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,667 posts
12,382 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, Xlap said:

What i like about Abruzzi is that its a very versatille cruiser, good mobility, concealment, consumables, the weapons (guns and torps) are not amazing but they do the job. IMO a great T7 crusier. 

This is what I like about her as well. Though her DFAA is not very threatening, she makes a solid attempt at being a great all-around cruiser with hydro, a heal, quick RoF, good handling, and excellent speed.  Giving her a solid AA suite would probably make her a touch OP, if I'm honest.  

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
On 3/19/2020 at 2:25 PM, SeaRaptor00 said:

I picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.  All that and more in this week's Scuttlebutt.

Flying over the map the towns have wprking things. The mines have working crains. Its very cool.

Best part of Itialian ships are the torps. You get the Funnest hits.  Like the one on that Alaska! 

Edited by jags_domain