You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

Visby - Gun Reload

10 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,840 battles

Has anyone else noticed that Visby's gun reload is weird?  She has a twin mount and 2 single mounts (A hull), or 2 twin and 1 single (B hull).  The guns are all identical, other than being mounted in dual or single mounts.  In port, they all show identical characteristics, including a 7.5 second reload rate.  But in actual use, the single mounts fire faster than the twin mounts.  I just tried it out in a training room, with a stopwatch, to verify that I wasn't crazy.  The reload of the twin mount(s) is 7.5 seconds, as advertised.  But the single mount(s) actually reload in more like 5.5 seconds.

Bug, or working as intended?  I wonder.

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Yeah, i noticed that. First i though i was crazy, with one gun constantly "out of pace". In port says that all guns have the same reload. It wouldnt be the first time that port info are wrong. 

[GOB]
Members
2,057 posts
7 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Has anyone else noticed that Visby's gun reload is weird?  She has a twin mount and 2 single mounts (A hull), or 2 twin and 1 single (B hull).  The guns are all identical, other than being mounted in dual or single mounts.  In port, they all show identical characteristics, including a 7.5 second reload rate.  But in actual use, the single mounts fire faster than the twin mounts.  I just tried it out in a training room, with a stopwatch, to verify that I wasn't crazy.  The reload of the twin mount(s) is 7.5 seconds, as advertised.  But the single mount(s) actually reload in more like 5.5 seconds.

I did notice it but only played it a few times.  One of the experts will chime in soon.  I kept thinking someone was beside me shooting at the same ship lol

[-K-]
Members
8,349 posts
14,149 battles
27 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

You should always tag @Hapa_Fodder on concerns like these so he can verify it from official sources.

While super busy, @LittleWhiteMouse is always has great insight on technicalities like this, as well.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles

Maybe my gun usage is different but I don't remember this from testing.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,129 posts
14,323 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Maybe my gun usage is different but I don't remember this from testing.

If you're the sort of person who holds down the LMB, it will show. If you're the sort who waits for all your guns to deliver the full alpha salvo, it might not.

My mouse refuses to auto-cycle when I hold the LMB. I have one from work that will do it, but it's extraordinarily awkward to use because it's not designed for gaming applications. That's a shame, because ships like Smolensk and Atlanta become completely different propositions under continuous fire. I remember joysticks from the Commodore 64 era being sold with an autofire switch, which would - in software or hardware - simulate the fire button being either continuously held down or cycled at a faster rate than any human could manage. Where oh where has that old tech gone?

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts
1 hour ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Heck leave as is,

why not right.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you're the sort of person who holds down the LMB, it will show. If you're the sort who waits for all your guns to deliver the full alpha salvo, it might not.

My mouse refuses to auto-cycle when I hold the LMB. I have one from work that will do it, but it's extraordinarily awkward to use because it's not designed for gaming applications. That's a shame, because ships like Smolensk and Atlanta become completely different propositions under continuous fire. I remember joysticks from the Commodore 64 era being sold with an autofire switch, which would - in software or hardware - simulate the fire button being either continuously held down or cycled at a faster rate than any human could manage. Where oh where has that old tech gone?

I do hold down the LMB most of the time but I also wait for all guns to reload most of the time so that explains why I never noticed that, thank you.