You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

SAP is here to stay. Suggestions on changes.

7 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

I am t5, the ships are fun to use.  There slick, fast, and monuverable.  The turrets move at bb speed and SAP just does not seem to work other than on DD.

SAP slotters DD better than CV could dream of. But anything else it seems to not do anything. Add to that a 14 sec reload there very frustrating.

The realosd should be alot lower, more like British crusiers or better pen somthing.

Currently I am not even getting HE amounts of damage.

Lets give WG some ideas and maybe they will implement some.

• Confused 4

Members
1,456 posts
10,654 battles

SAP gets better with the 203mm guns.

[CAST]
Members
4,998 posts
3,513 battles

Simple: Give the other ships the same pen angles as the Tier X. Only reason Venezia is doing well is because of it's favorable pen angles.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Simple: Give the other ships the same pen angles as the Tier X. Only reason Venezia is doing well is because of it's favorable pen angles.

I have never seen anyone play that ship yet. I see a lot of Zara

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,177 posts
9,446 battles
23 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I am t5, the ships are fun to use.  There slick, fast, and monuverable.  The turrets move at bb speed and SAP just does not seem to work other than on DD.

SAP slotters DD better than CV could dream of. But anything else it seems to not do anything. Add to that a 14 sec reload there very frustrating.

The realosd should be alot lower, more like British crusiers or better pen somthing.

Currently I am not even getting HE amounts of damage.

Lets give WG some ideas and maybe they will implement some.

SAP can easily be fixed by making its HE component have a larger blast radius. 

That means when it hits and pens, it can damage multiple modules albeit doing less damage than an AP or an HE shell. 

It makes SAP a round that 'debuffs' ships down. Wrecks AA and secondaries, knocks out engine and rudder easily, disables or destroys torp tubes or DD/light cruiser turrets, etc. 

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
32 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

SAP can easily be fixed by making its HE component have a larger blast radius. 

That means when it hits and pens, it can damage multiple modules albeit doing less damage than an AP or an HE shell. 

It makes SAP a round that 'debuffs' ships down. Wrecks AA and secondaries, knocks out engine and rudder easily, disables or destroys torp tubes or DD/light cruiser turrets, etc. 

That is a great idea!  It would be the ultamite team ship.  

WG please listen to that idea.