You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
network9

Accidental fratricide penalties

33 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,784 posts
4,631 battles

There are no accidents.  Only mistakes.

• Cool 3

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

The in-depth language the OP uses is commendable.

• Funny 2

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
15 minutes ago, network9 said:

13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Thank you for your answer. This is really right point of view on team damage. If there is a chance, just don't shoot. 

Nobody expects friendly fire. Everyone concentrates on enemies. The situation may change and your teammate will need to choose from whom he receive damage. 
We don't plan to change the system currently. So please better change this behavior and plan your actions with an eye on each player of your team.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Thank you for your answer. This is really right point of view on team damage. If there is a chance, just don't shoot. 

Nobody expects friendly fire. Everyone concentrates on enemies. The situation may change and your teammate will need to choose from whom he receive damage. 
We don't plan to change the system currently. So please better change this behavior and plan your actions with an eye on each player of your team.

Please program your AI to practice not shooting when it may damage teammates. Coop's seem to be far worse recently.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,537 posts
13,903 battles
22 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

"There is no such thing as 'friendly' fire."

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,537 posts
13,903 battles
1 minute ago, kgh52 said:

Please program your AI to practice not shooting when it may damage teammates. Coop's seem to be far worse recently.

Aloha,

Thank you for your feedback, we have made no recent changes to the bots in coop, but I will pass this up.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
  • Friendly fire - isn't.
  • Recoilless rifles - aren't.
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,430 posts
14,165 battles
28 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Before they started to target unseen ships in an adjoining match it was easier to deal with their not watching for friendly ships.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Thank you for your feedback, we have made no recent changes to the bots in coop, but I will pass this up.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thank you

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

Wargaming believes that every incident of team damage is an act of deliberate malice on the part of the player the shot came from, regardless of the actual circumstances. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,583 posts
15,711 battles
4 hours ago, turbo07 said:

We don't plan to change the system currently. So please better change this behavior and plan your actions with an eye on each player of your team

this

out of up votes so :cap_like:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles

I heard a vicious rumor that not attacking teammates means not getting team damage / kill penalties.

• Funny 2

[G-REB]
Members
134 posts

the other day i was playing a DD and capping C... someone on my team started shooting at me.  not torps, but main gun fire.  so i reminded him that i was on his team, and he kept shooting at me.  eventually he hit me and went pink.

a few minutes later i found myself right next to him and 99% of me did not want to torp him.  unfortunately for him, the 1% that did was the firing finger.  oops! 

his IMs after the battle were amusing. 

as far as i can figure, he was mad at me for not spotting better while i was capping.

Edited by vallonzek

Members
2,910 posts
36,702 battles

Ah, friendly fire.

It's not friendly if they are never your friends.

I am a bit puzzled why some players think it amusing to attack a player on the same team.

What logic goes through their minds?

Because frankly, it's not logical.

There are some instances where players would do this out of malice, but it is just not worth it. Just report the unsportsmanlike behavior while the system Pink's them.

It may seem benign that this may not do anything, but if 200 players report the same [edited], then WG will notice. And a ticket is hardly needed.

Once a player goes orange, they have to stay in co-op. And if they keep doing it, the punishment becomes severe.

Just avoid the temptation. Sure mistakes get made in battle and whether a player apologizes or not the system pinks them anyway.

Just play and have fun. Don't stress yourself about being shot at.

Now on VDay, that is another matter. Either you pissed off someone that likes you or they are trying to get your attention. Figuring that out has always been difficult for the guy since the dawn of time. You are seldom given a clue, and are seldom told anything. You have to read a mind that you have not the luxury of actually getting that right. You are basically clueless. And forget about getting any help. If VDay is disturbing to you then don't play on that day. LOL

I am considering that next year. It would seem I am as dumb as a post on that day. LOL

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
4 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Wargaming believes that every incident of team damage is an act of deliberate malice on the part of the player the shot came from, regardless of the actual circumstances. 

You caught me. I accidentally touch touchpad, on the way was friendly DD in Ranked and ... I'm pink for two battles. It's the first time for half of a year. Not a big deal for me, for DD it cost 5-10%, depends. My bad, I apologized. 
Circumstances are always the same, be attentive, look around. 
Suppose the damage didn’t happen...
Personally I don't want the game to be simplified this way. That will be not right in many ways. 

• Cool 2

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,232 battles

There is a certain situation, where you hold fire with your torps because a friendly BB in front of you is potentially going to eat them, and as a consequence, you are sunk by the enemy.

This happened to me recently. I was spared the pink, but I have to say, I was salty.

To be (salty/pink) or not to be, that is the question.

I'm leaning towards letting fly with torps and wearing the pink, if that is the will of Neptune.

[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,255 battles
14 hours ago, vallonzek said:

the other day i was playing a DD and capping C... someone on my team started shooting at me.  not torps, but main gun fire.  so i reminded him that i was on his team, and he kept shooting at me.  eventually he hit me and went pink.

a few minutes later i found myself right next to him and 99% of me did not want to torp him.  unfortunately for him, the 1% that did was the firing finger.  oops! 

his IMs after the battle were amusing. 

as far as i can figure, he was mad at me for not spotting better while i was capping.

In over 2K games I’ve had this happen only twice. In both cases I was ignoring something another player wanted me to do, either spot or support him. In both cases the players were quite vocal in chat about not supporting other players but demanding they be supported. In both cases I checked later and the players were very good unicums (that doesn’t mean unicum players are selfish, just these two). For some reason they seemed to think their need to run up their score outweighed anything I wanted to do. 

I try not to respond because I don’t know if this is some emotionally stunted 12 year old in their mother’s basement or a 70 year old (who is acting like an emotionally stunted 12 year old). Either way I don’t want to sink to their level. However the last time this happened the player who shot at me started sending me messages in port with lots of f*** you verbal abuse and how it messed up his game so I went through the whole reporting process and sent the replay to WG. 

I highly recommend doing that.  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
5 hours ago, turbo07 said:

You caught me. I accidentally touch touchpad, on the way was friendly DD in Ranked and ... I'm pink for two battles. It's the first time for half of a year. Not a big deal for me, for DD it cost 5-10%, depends. My bad, I apologized. 
Circumstances are always the same, be attentive, look around. 
Suppose the damage didn’t happen...
Personally I don't want the game to be simplified this way. That will be not right in many ways. 

And you got this big voiceover that said "DON"T FIRE AT YOUR TEAMMATES", and a giant obnoxious popup in port accusing you of doing it deliberately and demanding that you acknowledge doing so.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I heard a vicious rumor that not attacking teammates means not getting team damage / kill penalties.

Scandalous.

[NG-NL]
Members
262 posts
9,183 battles

Why does it often seem that when a player damages a teammates, it's the attacker who carries the grudge?

Just own up to your action and move on. "Hey, sorry about those torpedoes. I didn't expect to hit you. Better luck next time." 
By admitting and apologizing, you close the book.
And then...leave it behind. It's only a game.

Unless...unless your voice overlay intones

This is going on your permanent record.

Then I understand.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

And there's the attitude that it has to have been an active act, a deliberate attempt.