Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mixmkz

WG scan for botting behaviors, lol yeahhhh right

17 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
549 posts
6,771 battles

Account is less than 1 month old, and 2.6k random battles played by pressing W into the enemy every single game.  For all the spreadsheet jokes, you can literally detect bots like these using a simple excel filter.  Do you guys do this by hand or something?

image.thumb.png.455ee6cce64750d3e87c9dc6375f4575.pngRe

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

There is absolutely no reason why WG would want to ban these people.  They fill a slot in a game, meaning faster queue times and more games being played.  They inflate the server numbers.  They inflate the games per month numbers.  They cause the 11 other people on the team to be sad, which in WG terms means "Maybe they will pay us money".

The only reason they would ban them is for community goodwill.  For the most part, WG execs have shown that this is not a high priority.

• Cool 3

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
43 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

image.thumb.png.455ee6cce64750d3e87c9dc6375f4575.png

Account is less than 1 month old, and 2.6k random battles played by pressing W into the enemy every single game.  For all the spreadsheet jokes, you can literally detect bots like these using a simple excel filter.  Do you guys do this by hand or something?

????

This random stat doesn't apply as a "bot"....What is it exactly that makes it in your opinion, a bot???

• Cool 2

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts

Why is there a comma where a decimal point should be?

Something is not right here, nose is detecting a smell of bovine nature.

• Funny 1

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,623 battles
18 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Why is there a comma where a decimal point should be?

Something is not right here, nose is detecting a smell of bovine nature.

Commas is the European notation for dealing with the way number values are displayed.

US: 1,000,000.00

Europe: 1.000.000,00

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

????

This random stat doesn't apply as a "bot"....What is it exactly that makes it in your opinion, a bot???

Well, the red flags would be that they started on 2/24 (which is roughly 24 days ago), has 2600 battles already (so is playing 100 battles a day, every single day - that is roughly 16 hours a day) and a win rate that is extremely low (you have to almost TRY and lose to get below 40%).

High probability it is a bot.  Could also be a 6 year old who just likes shooting guns...

• Funny 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

If that account is only 1 month old, then they would have to be playing a game every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.  They have played some battles because they have actually shot and killed some ships, but not many.

It would be an account to look into, that is for sure.  No one wants an afk yolo ship on their team.  

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
13,910 battles
44 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

image.thumb.png.455ee6cce64750d3e87c9dc6375f4575.png

So just because we haven't caught this one instance of a possible bot you think we don't do it at all? This is very untrue. As you said yourself the account is less than a month old. I have seen players that have had the same amount of battles in the same amount of time, and considering world events more people are at home playing. And TBH, I have seen players like this in battle, literally asked them if they are a bot and had them reply in chat much to my own surprise....

I am not discount that this MIGHT be a bot, however.

34 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

There is absolutely no reason why WG would want to ban these people.  They fill a slot in a game, meaning faster queue times and more games being played.  They inflate the server numbers.  They inflate the games per month numbers.  They cause the 11 other people on the team to be sad, which in WG terms means "Maybe they will pay us money".

The only reason they would ban them is for community goodwill.  For the most part, WG execs have shown that this is not a high priority.

Not sure why you think this, we DO NOT want bots in our game and seek them out actively. I see the reports daily. So......

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
27 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Well, the red flags would be that they started on 2/24 (which is roughly 24 days ago), has 2600 battles already (so is playing 100 battles a day, every single day - that is roughly 16 hours a day) and a win rate that is extremely low (you have to almost TRY and lose to get below 40%).

High probability it is a bot.  Could also be a 6 year old who just likes shooting guns...

OR, I can use statistics... However, I wanted to see what the OP POV/opinion as to why...  

At least I TY for your POV OB...

BTW did you find your emblem ???

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,802 posts
4,631 battles
43 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

played by pressing W

You don't know this.  One wonders if WG knows this. Their logs are pretty good, but I seriously doubt that they're this extensive.  Send a replay with a ticket so they get some info.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

OR, I can use statistics... However, I wanted to see what the OP POV/opinion as to why...

It least I TY for your POV OB...

It literally got delivered the moment you replied.  BTW I'm also missing a billion credits, doubloons, free XP......lots of ships.  Can you reply to this so they appear TY :)

Anyways, this guy seems to be playing more games per day than some streamers (who get PAID to play mind you).  That, at the very least, should warrant someone checking in.  Should be easy enough to pull a stats sheet and show average games per day, and have someone watch a few of their games?  I don't know what systems WG has on the back end to accommodate that (like, in WoW, Gms can spy on players in game).  Since they need replays all the time, I assume their options may be limited.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
549 posts
6,771 battles
23 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

At least I TY for your POV OB...

I was merely supporting your point in another prior thread, that statistically this players falls within the same standard deviation as you.  You should be happy.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,184 battles

Image result for tinfoil hat animated gif

So do you really think there are so many botters out there that it would really help there server numbers and Que times ? 

There so hard up for server numbers and faster Que that they let people bot I don't have a tin foil hat big enough for that . 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
13,910 battles

Folks,

May I remind you that personal attacks are not allowed. Constructive criticism or conversations don't include jabs.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
4 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

My ego is fragile? I was merely supporting your point in another prior thread, that statistically this players falls within the same standard deviation as you.  You should be happy.

Wrong, he don't fall in my bracket...

He fall into the same %5 percentile bracket as you... That is according to the numbers...

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,484 battles
8 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

May I remind you that personal attacks are not allowed. Constructive criticism or conversations don't include jabs.

-Hapa

I was going to say something myself, it may not quite be shaming but it was a poke in the eye or a bumped funny bone (which generally aint funny) at the very least. Good call Hapa. Please folks you need to be much more subtle with your negative retorts.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Community Department
3,314 posts
1,300 battles
1 hour ago, mixmkz said:

image.thumb.png.455ee6cce64750d3e87c9dc6375f4575.pngRe

Hi folks, nothing really new on this topic. And the same amount of warnings and personal attacks as always. Let me lock it just to prevent further moderation.  
Here is my morning answer, please let it work for you :

You never know if the account is warned or banned already for this kind of behavior (may continue playing after suspension in some rare situations if stops violative behavior).  So yes, thanks for bringing attention to the topic. We are also aware as I said. But this really counterproductive to discuss here in this way. 
Thank you for understanding.

• Cool 2