Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArmoredFrostX

0.9.2 Directive No. 2 — Battlefield Europe

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

404
[-PVE-]
Members
591 posts

Hello. I hope everyone is safe.

Have you completed Directive 2 of Update 0.9.2? It took me longer than I initially thought. When the update arrived, I marveled at how beautiful the Fjord port is. The sheer amount of work that went to making the fine and amazing details is simply outstanding.

 

1181372898_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.11-22_54_31_88.thumb.png.01668acbf5217b51fc3803d2c50866bc.png


However, for the first time in a long time, I felt numb from the ceaseless and monotonous grinding that I could not even bring myself to click that orange button. The usual cycle—early access, themed tokens, directives—got me thinking on taking a break, so I decided that taking some time off would be nice. 

That time away from World of Warships was cut short when the office allowed us to work remotely due to the COVID19 pandemic. With blocks of time on my hands, I decided to play again when I remembered we can reconfigure our commanders' skill points due to the changes in IFHE. I maximized the chance and used some FXP to bring some captains to a comfortable number of points.

Wargaming, in a typical move to (borderline) compel real money spending, enticed me to buy something that could bring me nearer to getting immediate early access to tech tree European destroyers—ships that can be enjoyed at absolutely no cost, less than a month from now. Just like with the British heavy cruisers, it was a quick and easy no.

 

642939117_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.19-14_04_21_54.thumb.png.7655924f4e57e612b1a2371711a9e7a4.png


I feel some of the missions in Directive 2 are not that exciting compared to those in the previous update. I find them bland and to be candid about it, as boring as watching paint dry. Now that is just my opinion, and I am sure there are plenty of players who find it enjoyable.

Perhaps the only mission that will take some time to finish is Gaining Independence which requires 30,000 FXP. I first tackled it in Coop, but knowing how little the returns are, I decided to return to Ranked Battles. Even then, the standard 300% FXP signal can only do so much, and I did not want to part with my limited Leviathan signals.

 

880815174_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.19-14_35_34_49.thumb.png.d277c214fa0202288c3446466b381fe2.png


There are two remaining missions I cannot do, simply because I don't have the required—'free' but very expensive—European ships. But that's alright. I can wait.
 

1531035681_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.19-18_52_10_93.thumb.png.4bba5374a369e8708e55560b3d17cbf4.png


I got some containers and received coal plus a few European tokens which I used to get the Tier V DD. Visby is fast, but her torpedoes, well in my very limited experience with it, they don't pack that much of a punch. I could be wrong.
 

1110775576_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.17-21_07_05_43.thumb.png.7f12d9b3518e6f34f5333e32bc2644a5.png

1513538122_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_03.19-21_58_08_73.thumb.png.328078984d0f3b20d01193478bbda366.png


The next Directive will arrive in four (4) days. I hope we will all enjoy and have fun doing the missions.

Stay safe everyone.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,941
[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Visby - ugh!

Yeah the Visby, I like the Buzzbee better. Puff Puff Pass.

image.thumb.png.dbc43cf305a4664adaf18e23b56db26c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[-PVE-]
Members
591 posts
16 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Visby - ugh!

Hahaha! I am not a DD main, so I really have no solid idea about her. I think I'll keep her for events, just like Genova. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,261
[PVE]
Members
4,253 posts
18,541 battles

I finished Tuesday and completed both theT5 and T6 perma camo grinds yesterday...........Oh my GoD, that was painful.  It's worse than paint drying.  It was deja vu of the French DD grinding.   Now, that that is done, Directive 3 doesn't seem too difficult but, I find myself asking the question:  "to what end?"   I have no purpose for these ships and I am not a whale !  So, why?  To have them if needed for a future event that requires European ships???

I am at that point where this game has "run its course" and the game settled into a less than creative, Brown Ocean mature young adult arcade shooter where there is no "vision" of the future.....  No reason to even try to................pick something.....be better....rise in skill.....???  Because, there is no answer to "to what end am I making the effort?"  No strategic goal.  

Now, if they were smart, they'd use the "build a ship dockyard" and make that process to create/build the "Restricted Premium ships" a Campaign style process that would take months to complete.............without spending real money.  Invest the time, spend some in game assets, and build the Restricted Ship.........   Now that, is a strategic game milestone.....   The rest, is just fluff because it is easy........  @Hapa_Fodder, I've suggested this before and of all the players I've talked to, they'd go for this with a passion !!!  I'd love to hear what you think.

Well said OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,958
[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles
5 hours ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

There are two remaining missions I cannot do, simply because I don't have the required—'free' but very expensive—European ships.

They are completely and utterly irrelevant. The only thing that matters here is finishing the directive as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,007 battles

Not being especially attracted to a line of just DDs I hadn't planned on focusing on the directives. And it turns out I haven't had to. Just playing mostly normal I knocked out the first two pretty easily. D1 in 4 days and D2 in 3. I did actually work a bit on the capture/assist/defend mission but only because I noticed it was the last one I needed so...

Did fair with the tokens: 140 from D1 and the crate from daily deliveries then 200 from D2. So Visby, drove it twice last night. Only real impression so far is SLOOOOOOOW turrets. Weird reload too, I assume that's a bug?

We shall see about the next two directives. 

Edited by SkullCowboy_60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,589
[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
6 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The Visby - ugh!

The Visby!  The ship to use if you do not need to kill something right now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,106 battles

Well, D2 finished. Still 40 tokens  away from getting anything. Just gonna plod along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,589
[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
21 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Well, D2 finished. Still 40 tokens  away from getting anything. Just gonna plod along.

You aren't missing much with these DDs :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184
[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
14 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The Visby!  The ship to use if you do not need to kill something right now.

Or ever.  :cap_haloween:

I got it yesterday.  What a turd.  I won't be grinding for the permacamo.  I can't see playing this "thing" when I just got a shiny, new Shiriatsuyu!

Thanks for the credits and the port slot though.  :cap_like:

It came with a port slot, right?  :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,958
[ARGSY]
Members
20,015 posts
14,281 battles
41 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I can't see playing this "thing" when I just got a shiny, new Shiriatsuyu!

Visby will be good practice for when you take the Shira out with TRB instead of smoke. :Smile_trollface:

I would not have thought very much of her either except:

1) I can never resist a free permacamo, especially at a tier for which they are not normally provided.

2) For some reason, the Vauquelin - a ship I have previously despised - started to click for me in co-op. So the whole smokeless-destroyer thing is my current focus, and I don't find the Visby a problem.

Her main targets in co-op seem to be cruisers and destroyers, against which her torpedoes can be lethal. Battleships require a different approach; you are either going for a YOLO run to finish off the wounded or you are gunning for a flood to force DCP and allow you to follow up with either another flood or multiple fires. In Randoms, spamming for area denial or nuisance hits (again, hoping for floods) might be more of a thing, but bots dodge torpedoes too well for this to work reliably against them. I predict they will be poor choices to take to Operations, but I don't have the Vasteras yet and can't be sure about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,361
[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

 

Her main targets in co-op seem to be cruisers and destroyers, against which her torpedoes can be lethal.

It takes 5 to kill a Hawkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,589
[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Visby will be good practice for when you take the Shira out with TRB instead of smoke. :Smile_trollface:

I would not have thought very much of her either except:

1) I can never resist a free permacamo, especially at a tier for which they are not normally provided.

2) For some reason, the Vauquelin - a ship I have previously despised - started to click for me in co-op. So the whole smokeless-destroyer thing is my current focus, and I don't find the Visby a problem.

Her main targets in co-op seem to be cruisers and destroyers, against which her torpedoes can be lethal. Battleships require a different approach; you are either going for a YOLO run to finish off the wounded or you are gunning for a flood to force DCP and allow you to follow up with either another flood or multiple fires. In Randoms, spamming for area denial or nuisance hits (again, hoping for floods) might be more of a thing, but bots dodge torpedoes too well for this to work reliably against them. I predict they will be poor choices to take to Operations, but I don't have the Vasteras yet and can't be sure about that.

Bro, I dropped 3 torpedoes into a Bot Trento with Visby and the damn Cruiser was still there with lots of HP remaining.  I hit it for a grand total of 13k damage with THREE torps! :Smile_veryhappy:

TeZBoDQ.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[-PVE-]
Members
591 posts
59 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bro, I dropped 3 torpedoes into a Bot Trento with Visby and the damn Cruiser was still there with lots of HP remaining.  I hit it for a grand total of 13k damage with THREE torps! :Smile_veryhappy:

3 TORPS AND TRENTO IS STILL AFLOAT? 

WHAT THE HELL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,361
[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Bro, I dropped 3 torpedoes into a Bot Trento with Visby and the damn Cruiser was still there with lots of HP remaining.  I hit it for a grand total of 13k damage with THREE torps! :Smile_veryhappy:

TeZBoDQ.jpg

I guess I should fee "fortunate" the 6 I put in to a Bretagne did 30K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,007 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

 

I would not have thought very much of her either except:

1) I can never resist a free permacamo, especially at a tier for which they are not normally provided.

2) For some reason, the Vauquelin - a ship I have previously despised - started to click for me in co-op. So the whole smokeless-destroyer thing is my current focus, and I don't find the Visby a problem.

 

I got the Guepard during the Gorizirico event and struggled with it. Then I ran up the Rus DD line to Podvoisky and kinda learned to gunboat her minimizing smoke use to emergencies. Love that little boat. So I started messing with Guepard again. I ain't deadly but i sorta get it. Only played Visby twice so far but it has that feel. Makes me want to pursue it further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,184
[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
16 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

I got the Guepard during the Gorizirico event and struggled with it. Then I ran up the Rus DD line to Podvoisky and kinda learned to gunboat her minimizing smoke use to emergencies. Love that little boat. So I started messing with Guepard again. I ain't deadly but i sorta get it. Only played Visby twice so far but it has that feel. Makes me want to pursue it further.

I love Podvoisky!  She's great.

It was Okhotnik who taught me how to play Slash-n-Dash gunboat though.

Not having smoke isn't an issue.  I didn't even use smoke in my first 50 or so destroyer games.  I can be effective without it. 

I was so very disappointed with the torp damage AND the gun handling on Visby.  I gotta have good guns OR good torps.  She has neither.  Podvoisky would kick her IKEAss!

She and her sisters may be viable for randoms, but not co-op or operations.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,007 battles
9 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I love Podvoisky!  She's great.

It was Okhotnik who taught me how to play Slash-n-Dash gunboat though.

Not having smoke isn't an issue.  I didn't even use smoke in my first 50 or so destroyer games.  I can be effective without it. 

I was so very disappointed with the torp damage AND the gun handling on Visby.  I gotta have good guns OR good torps.  She has neither.  Podvoisky would kick her IKEAss!

She and her sisters may be viable for randoms, but not co-op or operations.

So I played about 10 games in her tonight. But first I bought two points with some elite capt points and added expert marksman. I had already selected MB mod 2 in the third slot. Makes the guns much more comfortable. I am liking this little boat. Once they get the reload fixed, well, we shall see.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,361
[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles

Here is the issue:  Less than 4K average per hit.  But what's that? Shoot cruisers you say?

(And yes, I run in to ships a lot playing DD).

 

shot-20.03.20_17.55.12-0927.jpg

shot-20.03.20_18.41.44-0120.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
265
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
503 posts
5,007 battles
38 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Here is the issue:  Less than 4K average per hit.  But what's that? Shoot cruisers you say?

(And yes, I run in to ships a lot playing DD).

 

I didn't say that. :cap_yes: And no argument there. The torps are NOT her primary weapon though are good enough for softening things up or taking out damaged stragglers. The guns hit pretty good. I need a better captain for concealment and BFT and AFT. But I've been getting good cits and even sinking some cruisers with them. Am I pulling down huge damage numbers? No, but I am having fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,106 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 7:07 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You aren't missing much with these DDs :Smile_trollface:

Picked it up with the daily drop tokens. Your right, it doesn't seem to do anything well. I'll stick with Minekaze at T5. I tried 2 games in it. Weird firing guns that don't do much, fast torps that also don't do much. I got obliterated in dd knife fights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
404
[-PVE-]
Members
591 posts
On 3/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, ItsSubmersible said:

Picked it up with the daily drop tokens. Your right, it doesn't seem to do anything well. I'll stick with Minekaze at T5. I tried 2 games in it. Weird firing guns that don't do much, fast torps that also don't do much. I got obliterated in dd knife fights.

I played Visby once, and I won't play it again. That DD is just bland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
489
[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,659 battles

Yeah I've played her three times, had one decent game in her, well 32k damage and 2 kills.  Average damage 17k, compare with the only other t5 I have with a similar number of games, Jianwei 73k 2 kills, average damage of 50k. Visby is too vulnerable and doesn't hit hard enough (6 torps not killing a T5 BB is not good, reducing the BB to half health is laughable) to be effective, well for me at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×