You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017

Which tier 5 DD has 3 dual torp with an obscenely fast reload?

34 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
2 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Looks like some sort of gift ship that can't be bought but must obtained by completing certain quest, which one is it?

Fujin,Kamikaze:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts
2 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

Looks like some sort of gift ship that can't be bought but must obtained by completing certain quest, which one is it?

Sounds like the Kamikaze, no longer available except in a container drop.

[SALVO]
Members
1,952 posts
6,181 battles
6 minutes ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So how do you actually get one?

You can still play Minekaze it has the same 3 dual torp launchers and is Tech Tree. The torps just aren't quite the same.  The only way to get the others is to hope for them in christmas containers. 

Edited by eviltane

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,071 posts
1 minute ago, AkiyamaSaneyuki_2017 said:

So how do you actually get one?

Get Very Lucky  with XMas  containers like I did four months ago ago

[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Sounds like the Kamikaze, no longer available except in a container drop.

He told you here......container drop.....the Big Try Your Luck gamble container .

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles

Minekaze... Its a regular tech Torp DD.

Shinamone is the one with completion of the Corresponding Campaign. That is tier 6...

(us old timers need time to remember, its been years since we finished the campaigns).

Fujin can be bought in the store..

Edited by Navalpride33

[REVY]
Members
2,272 posts
12,190 battles
40 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Fujin can be bought in the store..

It's not listed in the Premium Shop.

Could you mean the Armory? (at work and cannot check armory)

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

It's not listed in the Premium Shop.

Could you mean the Armory? (at work and cannot check armory)

Not now... It was in the past... I say for the Japan sales cycle, will see the Fujin again

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,598 posts
10,459 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not now... It was in the past... I say for the Japan sales cycle, will see the Fujin again

It hasn't been listed for a long time.  I doubt it will be back, since it is the same ship as the Kamikaze and considered to be OP.  You will only see those OP ships in the Christmas Crates, or some other crate to entice massive $$ purchases.

[-VT-]
Members
855 posts
25,364 battles

Kamikaze R , is what I believe you are referring to: straight up OP.   If your are in a game it with one it should be the priority to kill above all else.

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

It hasn't been listed for a long time.  I doubt it will be back, since it is the same ship as the Kamikaze and considered to be OP.  You will only see those OP ships in the Christmas Crates, or some other crate to entice massive $$ purchases.

IMO, only the KAMI was move to the containers... The FUJIN, its an old ship with an equally old meta and tier 5... It may not be as popular compared to a BB of the same tier??

Just  a thought...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,914 posts
26,889 battles

Kamikaze, 45 sec reload with a high point captain, 1,6 km stealth torp rang. Was removed because of being broken OP.

Members
201 posts
21,006 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, only the KAMI was move to the containers... The FUJIN, its an old ship with an equally old meta and tier 5... It may not be as popular compared to a BB of the same tier??

Just  a thought...

Actually, I just got my Fujin from the Christmas containers this year.  IIRC it comes available much less often than the Kami twins (that I have had for some time).  All 3 used to be deadly little torp monsters...  I don't play mine enough to see if they are still that good.

[R-F2]
Beta Testers
317 posts
10,108 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Kamikaze, 45 sec reload with a high point captain, 1,6 km stealth torp rang. Was removed because of being broken OP.

This is absolutely true. And to add to it, the Fujin is identical in all relevant ways to the Kamikaze sisters.  Which means Fujin is also brokenly OP, so ignore what was written above - you're not going to seen Fujin in the armory anytime soon without a significant change in philosophy from WG.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles
1 minute ago, Njanear said:

Actually, I just got my Fujin from the Christmas containers this year.

I am assuming the Fujin is more rare in the shop because of. sells Dept. pushing high tier ships sells/avail.

I think the Fujin will return, unless I can find the patch note stating its retired... (I am not going to search for it :cap_cool:)

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,714 posts
4,630 battles

Give Smith big boy torps with the same reload and move it up to T5.  Carnage, baby.  Carnage!

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
491 posts
4,988 battles

You dont want that. You want the Russian War Canoe. Okhotnik, T5, 7 130mm guns and 4 triple tube launchers with a 47 second reload. It ain't fast, it ain't sneaky, but as an ambush predator it is VERY fun to play.

Members
265 posts
4,837 battles

Minikaze, before the IJN DD nerf was the original OP DD. Kami R was obtainable from a mission, & was briefly in the Premium Shop with Fujin.

I got my Fujin for $16, just after the big Nerf.  My old Minikaze captains live on the Kami & Fujin now. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,990 posts
5,814 battles
35 minutes ago, Njanear said:

Actually, I just got my Fujin from the Christmas containers this year.  IIRC it comes available much less often than the Kami twins (that I have had for some time).  All 3 used to be deadly little torp monsters...  I don't play mine enough to see if they are still that good.

They're still the little monsters they were on day 1. In fact they are objectively more dangerous now since TTM1 made their torps go 71 knots.

Of course the Kamikaze sisters have suffered a lot from the influx of CVs at low tiers, but in fairness all tier 5 DDs suffer from this problem. If Kamikaze/Kamikaze R/Fujin manage to get a CV-less match however, they are still a terror.

Members
136 posts
11,292 battles
28 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

It ain't sneaky,

Actually, if I remember correctly, the party canoe has really good concealment, but its torps are so short-ranged that the low concealment doesn't feel sneaky.

[R-F2]
Beta Testers
317 posts
10,108 battles

Here is a link to LWM's "quick reviews", which includes the current availability.

Bottom line is the Kami sisters (which includes Fujin) were pulled from the shop over 3 years ago never to return except as "lottery" ships.  So if you're feeling lucky, go for it.  But don't count on ever having one if you don't already.  Or are willing to spend a lot of $$$ on crates for the chance to get one.