You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rothgar_57

How to spot a Bot Account

12 comments in this topic

[CDOH]
Members
377 posts
6,854 battles

Yesterday I played a match with a person that played ~21 thousand battles. He had most ships in the game.  The win rate on the account was 37%.  only a couple ships were 40% and some were as low as 25% with significant battles played.

Is it possible to be this big of a potato?  I would think even if your ship never moved your win rate would be higher. These battles were all random battles.

Edited by Rothgar_57

[WORX]
Members
10,616 posts
18,506 battles
1 minute ago, Rothgar_57 said:

21 thousand battles. He had most ships in the game.  The win rate on the account was 37%.  only a couple ships were 40% and some were as low as 25% with significant battles played.

Is it possible to be this big of a potato?  I would think even if your ship never moved your win rate would be higher.

My guess.... Co-op?

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[CDOH]
Members
377 posts
6,854 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

My guess.... Co-op?

Random battles

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
2 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Yesterday I played a match with a person that played ~21 thousand battles. He had most ships in the game.  The win rate on the account was 37%.  only a couple ships were 40% and some were as low as 25% with significant battles played.

Is it possible to be this big of a potato?  I would think even if your ship never moved your win rate would be higher.

Yes. You can find botters/AFKers easily simply by scanning WOWs Stats & Numbers for ships with 000s of battles and super low damage, below 20K. There are many such accounts. WG will do nothing about them. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles

It would be really hard to average 37% in coop.

Even with shooting your teammates.

Members
1,587 posts
25,037 battles

Perhaps this account is ACTIVELY campaigning for a non-combative element to this naval battle game: Supply Ship captain?

He is trying to help the side while staying true to his non-violence desires? Maybe??

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

If some one has the mind set to get all of the ships as fast as possible, they have to get into a battle and back out fast. Rush in and get what you can, die and start another battle. This tactic puts that team at a disadvantage, which may not be able to be over come by the rest of the team. Stats get in the way when you are trying to have all of the ships in your account. On the other hand, it could be a bot.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

Just as I get into a game I sometimes see chat that I was a bot account because I can't get loaded in until sometimes as long as 3 minutes into the match.....the higher the tier match the longer it takes to get in . That's why even in random I use f10 as soon as it lets me...then put the pedal to the floor and go .

[ARGSY]
Members
20,014 posts
14,281 battles

My feelings are mixed. I know a very famous and self-admitted botter who used to sail Missouris and other such ships in that wasteful fashion. Sometimes it lost us the game, but other times the ship would sail a course into the middle of the map and actually tank damage for the rest of us while we killed the bots off, and actually perform a valid service. 

I have a feeling that the Perth captain I saw in a recent co-op battle, who sailed his ship on a coward's course from just north of A cap on fault line to behind the BB spawn, was such a creature. In cases like that, I'd rather put a three year old at the controls and have them go ham straight into the middle of the enemy fleet; at least then they are drawing fire and revealing the position of the enemy. Back-line bots and AFK morons (who haven't yet realised that they farm no XP and just bleed credits) are worse than suicide-spammers.

[NG-NL]
Members
257 posts
9,153 battles

How do bots work? What languages are they written in? Do they run inside the game, or just connect directly to the server as their own client? Are there many different WoWS bots, or just one or two that can be scripted by the player? What sorts of logical primitives do they use?

Many people know about bots. In quite a few games, someone calls out teammate as a bot, and in this thread, it seems there are people who understand how bots work. I remain ignorant, though.

I don't want to know how or where to get a bot. I'm just curious what they really are and how they work. I've seen bots in another game. Once I understood their logic, I could test to see if that logic was present or it was just an annoying person.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[SYN]
Members
1,232 posts
10,308 battles
40 minutes ago, Gafwmn said:

Just as I get into a game I sometimes see chat that I was a bot account because I can't get loaded in until sometimes as long as 3 minutes into the match.....the higher the tier match the longer it takes to get in . That's why even in random I use f10 as soon as it lets me...then put the pedal to the floor and go .

I updated my graphics card and was able to solve that problem.