Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

What Role / Game Style Are The Pan Europe DD's Suppose To Be

13 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,815 battles

I only have one tech tree ship the Tier 5 Visby I mean it looks good but the guns don't seem to cause a lot of damage and they don't seem to be torpedo boats, a look at the Torpedo warhead figure at 6200 tells me that.

I went through all the tier 5's of every line and some of the warheads were over twice as much, also just out of curiosity looked at IJN Umikaze and its torpedos are even bigger 6800 and the HMAS Vampire Tier 3 has a10000 torpedo warhead.

In one game I hit a Acasta with one torpedo and it caused 5468 HP damage and didn't sink it, after reading the article on the news page about them, I'm just what is there purpose in game, fleet screen and spotting.

I have only played 7 games in Coop and sunk 3 ships only and its only early days but wondering whether its wise to play in random at all they cant hurt anything, maybe I am playing it wrong but not to confident about venturing out in random.

What are other players thoughts on these ships.

regards     

Edited by tm63au

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,730 battles

In my experience they seem to be smokeless torpedo boats with USN detectability.  The torpedos make up for mild hitting power with speed of delivery.I kind of play it like the French smokeless DD's just not as fast,and emphasis on torpedos instead of guns. 

0 posts

sub 60 sec reload time on the torps, good torpedo range for tier, good concealment, good survivability with repair party = torp brawlers/spammy area denial. Until you hit tier 8, the guns are pretty meh. T8 + the guns are good enough. Torps don't do a lot of dmg, but you'll be launching torps every 60 seconds...

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

All the spotting and capping role aside:

They seem to be DD hunters that will die themselves soon after.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
503 posts
11,347 battles

They are not good boats for CoOp. Not enough alpha in the torps.

I find they are better in randoms, but understand you are not doing a lot of damage. Flanking, spotting, area denial by a tor p wall every 60 seconds.

Just hope rng smiles on you and the CD stays on the other side of the map.

Also, I don't think they are brawler or tanky because they have a heal. Their heal, if used to max, brings their total hp for the match up to the average no of other dds in the teir. 

Edit:autocorrect 

Edited by contag10n

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

sub 60 sec reload time on the torps, good torpedo range for tier, good concealment, good survivability with repair party = torp brawlers/spammy area denial. Until you hit tier 8, the guns are pretty meh. T8 + the guns are good enough. Torps don't do a lot of dmg, but you'll be launching torps every 60 seconds...

I picked up the Visby last night. I wish I'd got her while the free respec was still on... or alternatively, reset my 10pt Blyska captain and left him that way. I have half a mind to build the Visby captain for Torp armament acceleration and take another, what, five seconds?, off the torp reload. However, Jerzy Swirski sounds like just the thing for this line, with 5% off the reload for every eight hits you get. I think we're going to see some VERY interesting figures out of co-op, and I hope the campaign to get him is do-able in PvE.

0 posts
18 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I picked up the Visby last night. I wish I'd got her while the free respec was still on... or alternatively, reset my 10pt Blyska captain and left him that way. I have half a mind to build the Visby captain for Torp armament acceleration and take another, what, five seconds?, off the torp reload. However, Jerzy Swirski sounds like just the thing for this line, with 5% off the reload for every eight hits you get. I think we're going to see some VERY interesting figures out of co-op, and I hope the campaign to get him is do-able in PvE.

torp dmg is quite low, so you have to try for floods and fires to compliment dmg (if you are dmg farming off bbs), conversely, the torp alpha dmg is quite sufficient for nuking enemy dds, the torp speed & range catches many a dd player offguard.

Members
3,109 posts
6,705 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

torp dmg is quite low, so you have to try for floods and fires to compliment dmg (if you are dmg farming off bbs), conversely, the torp alpha dmg is quite sufficient for nuking enemy dds, the torp speed & range catches many a dd player offguard.

I have found that the super-narrow spread is the best, since even against some bottom-tier DDs you need to land two or more for a kill. I often use the first rack on narrow spread to force a turn or acceleration change, then launch the second rack for the kill.

[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

Just run it like a PT boat ( PT-109 )…….fast and crazy...… And co-op is fun...don't worry about turning your aa off......seems WG doesn't care that if you don't " smoke " cause you aint got it.... that rocket plane can spot you from 20km out . You can outmaneuver the planes and drag a whole fleet of ships anywhere you want to . And take a friend with you cause you aint got time to even say hold my beer and watch this....you need both hands on the wheel .

[ARGSY]
Members
20,180 posts
14,348 battles
42 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

What Roll  Are The Pan Europe DD's Suppose To Be?

Wholemeal with sesame seeds? 

Good God, why can't people spell properly? Autocomplete and autocorrect can be wonderful things, but if improperly supervised they are the Devil's spawn.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,752 battles

Personally here is the role, gimmick - super fast torpedoe's.. = more arcade .. heck the Oster torps are what 90 knots?  HUH?  low torp damage but who's running or turning away from a 90 knot torp? not many.  But that's how things are these days. Note to self: Deal with it or quit.. 

What i see for these DD's is scouting and torp spamming -  area denial kind of torp spamming.. I ran the Visby in Coop and must admit it turned out to be a hoot, just ran around a BB and spammed torps till he died.. even the secondaries were having a hard time keeping up.  Detect is not going to get you into CAPS and staying there without smoke is problematic, guns are MEH, torps are puff balls but you can spam them pretty good. Didn't get to try the AA.. 

Have not played any of the higher tier ships yet.  

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Good God, why can't people spell properly? Autocomplete and auto correct can be wonderful things, but if improperly supervised they are the Devil's spawn.

I learned how to spell phonetically and English is NOT a great language to learn how to spell that way.  I have never spelled well and spell check and auto correct are usually my friend! Well except on my phone where it changes stuff and i don't catch it.. arrg..  Honestly i'm not even sure they teach how to spell anymore?  

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

Speaking for the top tier ones. They are DoA, underpowered for their respective tier. Just like Friesland, which is of tier 8 value at best since just about every tier 8 DD is more competitively viable even facing tier 10s than Friesland is.

Key points:

- Absurdly low torpedo damage at high tiers. This would be okay **IF** the flooding nerf was reverted and TDS values across the board were either nerfed massively or removed completely.
- Absolutely horrid ballistics. On-paper DPM is a worthless stat. In-Practice is what matters. 2x2 turrets that are split between fore and aft is already a detriment, on top of that not even 360 traverse AND poor traverse speed to boot. Then sprinkle on VERY poor shell velocity and pen. 
- No Smoke. This is ridiculous as the line does not have the ability to tank otherwise. Did they give them Neustrashimy zombie healing? Nope.  Khaba/Kleber speed tanking? Nope.... Hell.. they are even testing a BB with smoke.... let that sink in for a moment.
- AA as an attribute is not tier 1, it is not primary. Your AA ability does NOT directly affect the match result nor directly relate to ANY of the win conditions.  Does shooting down planes offer match points like sinking a ship? Nope. Can you force a CV to attack you to make use of your AA? Nope. Is there guaranteed to be a CV in every match? Also nope. It is secondary AT BEST.  The primary attributes involve surviving, damage and killing. Those are tier 1 and directly relate to win conditions by the highest weight. If WG decides to trade ANY one of those three simply because a ship has elevated secondary utility means the ship will be garbage from the gate.

- DDs as a ship type are underperforming and have been for years. Designing a DD to be purely anti-DD is NOT the same as designing a BB to be anti-BB.  Being of an already poor state due to the ship type, the measurement of which you are meant to counter only makes you found wanting as a anti-DD, DD. Sad part is... they aren't even the best anti-DD, DDs...

Edited by Varknyn12

Sign in to follow this