You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UGotRektMate

Doesn't make any sense... Far underpowered...

11 comments in this topic

Members
99 posts
6,287 battles

So... Something that has been bothering me about the London.  It's guns.  More specifically, it's range.  13.4 KM.  First, that is an atrocious range for a T6.  The Exeter, London, and Devonshire all share the exact same guns.  The 50 BL Mk. VIII's.  However, both the Exeter and the Devonshire outrange it.  Even the Hawkins, with worse guns, outranges it by half a kilometer.  I mean, I get that it has smoke, and you can 'sneak up and smoke and shoot.'  But if that's the case, you would go with a ship like the Leander, which does the same thing, has the same range, fires twice as fast, has a better heal and has 2 KM better firing in smoke concealment.  A premium ship is supposed to be on par with the tier that it is at, right?  London isn't even on par against the tier below it!  There has to be something done.  Longer range, or less smoke firing penalty, better concealment.  Something.  Right now, it's a ship I pretty much regret wasting my time to complete the quests for.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
29 minutes ago, UGotRektMate said:

So... Something that has been bothering me about the London.  It's guns.  More specifically, it's range.  13.4 KM.  First, that is an atrocious range for a T6.  The Exeter, London, and Devonshire all share the exact same guns.  The 50 BL Mk. VIII's.  However, both the Exeter and the Devonshire outrange it.  Even the Hawkins, with worse guns, outranges it by half a kilometer.  I mean, I get that it has smoke, and you can 'sneak up and smoke and shoot.'  But if that's the case, you would go with a ship like the Leander, which does the same thing, has the same range, fires twice as fast, has a better heal and has 2 KM better firing in smoke concealment.  A premium ship is supposed to be on par with the tier that it is at, right?  London isn't even on par against the tier below it!  There has to be something done.  Longer range, or less smoke firing penalty, better concealment.  Something.  Right now, it's a ship I pretty much regret wasting my time to complete the quests for.

Her caliber at that tier are scary.

That's why they nerfed her range, balance comrade.

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
36 minutes ago, UGotRektMate said:

?????

Her guns are BB caliber  in a cruiser, any other buffs and its a full blow fast BB then a cruiser... That will further make the game appear to have no

Rules, boundaries, or limitations for any of the ship class.  You dont need anymore power creep problems at tier 6 as it exist in tiers 9 and 10...

No thank you...

Modder
1,299 posts
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Her guns are BB caliber  in a cruiser, any other buffs and its a full blow fast BB then a cruiser

8" is most definitely not battleship calibre.

• Cool 4

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
1 minute ago, zFireWyvern said:

8" is most definitely not battleship calibre.

For tier 6, anything over 200mm is BB parameters...

• Confused 1

Modder
1,299 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

For tier 6, anything over 200mm is BB parameters...

No it isn't.

[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
Just now, zFireWyvern said:

No it isn't.

Now it isn't thanks to power creep.As stated in my post #3

Modder
1,299 posts
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

Now it isn't thanks to power creep.As stated in my post #3

No, 8" has never been battleship calibre. Even prior to any 'powercreep', at the game's launch all tier VI battleships had 14" guns or larger in the case of Warspite who carries 15" rifles. 

• Cool 2

Members
99 posts
6,287 battles
7 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

All T5 cruisers can outrange her, including the Furutaka, which has 8 inch guns, and even most of the T4 ships can outrange her.  As a T6, she needs to be competitive against other ships of her tier, but she isn't.  Even the Exeter struggles at times, and I love that ship.  London is, as it sits, a failed ship.  It seems like they are just pumping out crap to make up for the whole PR bull that still has people mad, and aren't even trying to make the crap they are spitting out worth while.

Members
383 posts
4,124 battles
14 hours ago, UGotRektMate said:

I mean, I get that it has smoke, and you can 'sneak up and smoke and shoot.'  But if that's the case, you would go with a ship like the Leander, which does the same thing, has the same range, fires twice as fast, has a better heal and has 2 KM better firing in smoke concealment. 

This ship has tons of gimmicks which actually make it pretty interesting. It doesn't seem OP so far, so I think its a nice addition to the game. But complaining about the range (the main weak point) kinda isn't that important when it has:

1. Has Smoke (only Brits and DDs get this)

2. Has HE (Leander doesn't have this)

3. Has heal (almost every other cruiser line doesn't get heals until tier 9)

4. No ship has Radar at tier 6 (which makes it basically idiot proof compared to other tiers in these kinds of games)

5. CA 200mm+ heavy cannons.

6. Has Hydro (useful when fighting DDs in and out of smoke)

Its very easy for a premium ship to become broken when it has the first two things on the list (Belfast, Smolensk). The fact this ship isn't considered to be blatantly OP is actually a blessing. A big reason for that is simply it lacks the range to be too easy to play, as it requires players to get closer to the front-lines to do anything, and thus risk getting deleted with the weak Brit armor scheme or spotted and killed via ships with low tier radar. 

13.5km is fine. 

If you think that's not enough, then go drive the Flint or Atlanta which gives you 11km out of the gate **without smoke (for Atlanta at least), heal, mid range torps, at a higher tier and with worse gun dynamics**.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,918 posts
2,441 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 4:19 AM, dEsTurbed1 said:

There is smoke too consider too.