Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ComputerWhiz

Horrible ping?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

145
[F-N-S]
Members
125 posts
3,421 battles

Anyone else getting a horrific ping on the NA servers? I'm getting a constant 200ms-500ms ping in game. It makes the game unplayable. Even pinging the WoWS website shows me 140ms ping when everything else I ping is getting 16ms and the speedtest results are the same as always. Just loading this forum took a good 30 seconds.

Just wondering if others are having the same issue because that would help rule out my ISP.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,796
[WORX]
Members
10,635 posts
18,550 battles
3 minutes ago, ComputerWhiz said:

Even pinging the WoWS website shows me 140ms ping when everything else I ping is getting 16ms and the speedtest results are the same as always

IF you're pinging, you're testing your ISP structure on how they manage your traffic. A road map to WOWS server. 

Speed test only shows how fast your routing was to that web site NOT, your actual connection speed.

Knowing this, you can do

  • Check and repair
    • Just once, sometimes client and server just need to sync.
  • You can do a no power 5 min restart of you connect devices (AKA cold reboot).

Usually, this will clear any minor issues with ping...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[FTWRK]
Beta Testers
1 post
5,434 battles

same here

on normal days my ping is 100~110-ish (playing from Malaysia) but for the past few days my ping fluctuates 120~900 on every game.

something is going on coz when i play using my steam version and connect to Asia server, my ping is fine (30~50-ish)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,078 battles

I am having the same issue. I left a ping to verizon.com and another to a site in Brazil (where I am located). There is no packet loss to both, no jitter, but I see my connection to the NA server going from 105ms to 1700ms.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles

I have seen a 145 today. My whole WoWs life has usually only seen 35-70, something is wrong.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[GPORT]
Members
182 posts
11,603 battles

Just in case no one has thought about it......the internet is about strained to the max . People are online , not working . Look into streaming services in EU that have had to cut down video quality so as to not crash the web......and it may happen this week in the U.S. Every system and sub system are being pushed to the max .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,078 battles
15 hours ago, Gafwmn said:

Just in case no one has thought about it......the internet is about strained to the max . People are online , not working . Look into streaming services in EU that have had to cut down video quality so as to not crash the web......and it may happen this week in the U.S. Every system and sub system are being pushed to the max .

The NA server could be experiencing too many players as well. I saw over 17k yesterday.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
[5D7]
Members
141 posts
7,307 battles
22 hours ago, Gafwmn said:

Just in case no one has thought about it......the internet is about strained to the max . People are online , not working . Look into streaming services in EU that have had to cut down video quality so as to not crash the web......and it may happen this week in the U.S. Every system and sub system are being pushed to the max .

Yep, my thoughts. So in the end the free premium time will go to waste in my case as I cant get a decent ping(stable) at all. Goes from 90 to 1000 during the entire game. You just cant get used to the delay and work with it.
Shame, I was happy about the gifted time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[-TFC-]
[-TFC-]
Beta Testers
83 posts
6,890 battles

horrible ping, was fine earlier today. logged in to play ranked battles, played 1, ping so bad i couldn't control my ship or shoot. won';t play under these conditions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[-BRF-]
Beta Testers
54 posts
4,078 battles

Two friends DC'ed tonight while playing with me. I saw jitter, too. Looks like the issue continues. The server was handling over 16k players at the time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
4,037 battles
On 22/03/2020 at 20:43, brpas said:

Estou tendo o mesmo problema. Deixei um ping para verizon.com e outro para um site no Brasil (onde estou localizado). Não há perda de pacotes para ambos, nem instabilidade, mas vejo minha conexão com o servidor de NA indo de 105ms a 1700ms.

também estou com problema de ping oscilando faz 13 dia até parei de jogar , fui para outros jogos está normal.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
57 posts
2,621 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 11:48 AM, ComputerWhiz said:

Anyone else getting a horrific ping on the NA servers? I'm getting a constant 200ms-500ms ping in game. It makes the game unplayable. Even pinging the WoWS website shows me 140ms ping when everything else I ping is getting 16ms and the speedtest results are the same as always. Just loading this forum took a good 30 seconds.

Just wondering if others are having the same issue because that would help rule out my ISP.

I have the same problem as well. My ping ranges from 200ms to 700ms. The situation gets worse after the daily container update. When playing other games, I don't have this Ping issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×