You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

How do I British DD?

6 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,596 posts
2,433 battles

Ground the Acasta in co-op mainly because I didn't have a 10 point captain.  Just bought the Icarus, and stuck a fresh 10 point captain on her.  How do I play this line?  Previous DD experience of USN line up to Farragut and Monoghan, and Haida.

Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,332 battles

As per the title,

With a stiff upper lip

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,421 battles

Wrote a guide on RN DDs a year ago upon their release:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9usgw0/rn_dd_guide_box_of_gimmicks/

And a specific guide on Daring

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9yxzo0/daring_guide_make_her_your_darling/

Note because of the IFHE changes Jutland and Daring will no longer need IFHE and can instead take CE.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,039 posts
11,620 battles

UK DD's are to me a very weird hybrid class. Like dead middle of gunboat and torp boat. I find I do best really sticking closer to the team, and having to choose how I play based on my current target and situation. They can make devastating torpedo boats if you learn to use single fire accurately (five torps hitting the same spot between A and B turrets triggering detonation on an Iowa that sailed straight too long trying to sink your AA cover - glorious). There guns can do work too - though I've preferred DE to IFHE given the small caliber and low pen, as well as decent rate of fire.

[ARGSY]
Members
463 posts
9,174 battles

A very fun class to play and statistically successful ships in the game.  They are slow but have tremendous acceleration and turn like ponies. You  have to learn to use the smoke but in a way it can be more useful than other smoke.  Good balanced guns and once you get up to the lightning class. very useful torpedoes. Don't overlook Cossack as a premium trainer. Super guns on her.