Sign in to follow this  
IfYouSeeKhaos

Beware of grocery dividers at checkout stands

11 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,151 posts
22,432 battles

With millions shopping to stock up on supplies the plastic dividers get handled by hundreds to possibly thousands of customers every day...which infects all of the conveyer belts...which infects all of the groceries...which infects all of the checkout employees gloves...

Just a thought I had while visiting the dollar tree when it came time for me to put the divider on the belt...but I only thought about the dividers then...the rest of the cycle just came to me minutes ago.

GL out there folks.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,656 battles

Crap, just used some yesterday. Good knowing y'all.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
6,151 posts
22,432 battles

Purell doesn't really apply in that scenario...will you be spreading it all over your groceries?

Lysol (or generic equivalent...not a spokesperson) would be more effective...but being aware that the situation is possible in a virus that transfers through touch is called informative.

Fear is for those that just ignore common sense until it's too late...having the information to avoid a too late scenario actually removes fear in the wise.

• Cool 1

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
21 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Purell doesn't really apply in that scenario...will you be spreading it all over your groceries?

Lysol (or generic equivalent...not a spokesperson) would be more effective...but being aware that the situation is possible in a virus that transfers through touch is called informative.

Fear is for those that just ignore common sense until it's too late...having the information to avoid a too late scenario actually removes fear in the wise.

No, man, you're wrong, and people dropping things like you've done is only spreading fear and shutting people off from life even more. The virus can't live long on its own, Purell on one's hands frequently will in fact kill it and keep it from spreading. "Avoid everything in the world that can ever be touched by someone else!" is effing absurd, and honestly, you should be ashamed for posting any of this.

Before you start going off on a medical crisis of any kind, do us all a favor and actually understand it. Please and thank you.

[WOLF2]
Members
823 posts
18,896 battles
48 minutes ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

No, man, you're wrong, and people dropping things like you've done is only spreading fear and shutting people off from life even more. The virus can't live long on its own, Purell on one's hands frequently will in fact kill it and keep it from spreading. "Avoid everything in the world that can ever be touched by someone else!" is effing absurd, and honestly, you should be ashamed for posting any of this.

Before you start going off on a medical crisis of any kind, do us all a favor and actually understand it. Please and thank you.

New coronavirus stable for hours on surfaces

The virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is stable for several hours to days in aerosols and on surfaces, according to a new study from National Institutes of Health, CDC, UCLA and Princeton University scientists in The New England Journal of Medicine.   The results provide key information about the stability of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19 disease, and suggests that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects. The study information was widely shared during the past two weeks.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/new-coronavirus-stable-hours-surfaces

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on Mar 11 2020 - 21:12, said:

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air
Virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487110-tests-indicate-coronavirus-can-survive-in-the-air

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/622196-covid-19/page__st__40#topmost

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,919 posts
15,335 battles

So I did a little digging around, I found this as the most recent update 19/3/20

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/world-virus-infections-hit-200000-borders-jammed-in-europe/ar-BB11mtlL?ocid=ientp

They mentioned about the virus cant survive without a host, but can still be in the air or items up to 3 hrs. They suggested that you wash the item/s and sanitize your hand after you wash the item/s and wash your hand. Since it influenza, please take any steps you can to protect yourself and your family if you see fit. Also, always check with the professional before making any hasty decision.

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,631 battles

Oooor.... use all the products you like to the point where you believe yourself to be at tolerably low risk. Lysol, Purell, whatever. Go bananas!

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles
3 hours ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

Just carry some Purell, seriously, this is fear mongering, man.

All I can say is, ok you cover your fantail from surface contamination, Cool. However, you are not protected from the air...

This virus is a worthy foe, I dont want to be either An Anthoney Joshua OR Andy Ruiz against it...

Be prepared, be smart...

[1984]
Members
4,125 posts
19,914 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

With millions shopping to stock up on supplies the plastic dividers get handled by hundreds to possibly thousands of customers every day...which infects all of the conveyer belts...which infects all of the groceries...which infects all of the checkout employees gloves...

Just a thought I had while visiting the dollar tree when it came time for me to put the divider on the belt...but I only thought about the dividers then...the rest of the cycle just came to me minutes ago.

GL out there folks.

Just dont lick your fingers before you wash your hands and you’ll be fine. You only get it from someone’s airborne spit (sneeze, cough, etc). Think about this everyone in paris would be infected by now at the rate metro bars are touched and the frequency with which they are touched.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
6 hours ago, pikohan said:

Crap, just used some yesterday. Good knowing y'all.

Sorry to hear that.

(Can I haz your stuff?)

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this