Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

This Is Addressed To Wargaming And The Community

11 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

To start off, I want to commend Wargaming for making a great naval game. World of Warships is quite possibly the best naval game out on the market as of this moment. World of Warships is also the best game that Wargaming has made in my opinion. Secondly, despite all of the criticism, Wargaming is still one of the best video game companies that I have encountered. They regularly do fun events and they at least try to communicate with the playerbase. They also make some pretty awesome documentaries and they have a sense of humor.

Now to the community. World of Warships has one of the best video game communities that I have encountered. Sure there are trolls here and there, but most people here on the forums have been helpful and polite and offer constructive criticism, hence why I loiter around on the forums. The WOWS community feels like it is comprised of genuine players and not a bunch of raging twelve-year-olds which I admire. With that being said, I want to get on to my main point. The long introduction is to show that I am writing this out of goodwill, and I am not trying to hurt or offend anyone.

First off, I want to repeat that Wargaming is a great company and I am not trying to criticize them or tell them how to run their company. I just want to give out a little advice and my two cents.

To the Community

As we all know, Wargaming is going through a bit of a rough time and I think the playerbase is giving them a bit more flak than they deserve. We should be offering Wargaming some constructive advice instead of spamming threads about how the game mechanics are broken or how the new premium is overpowered. Again, I don't want to offend or hurt anyone and I am at fault for this too, hence why I am trying to change. We have some very nice administrators here that you can ask if you have any questions or complaints. 

To Wargaming

I just want to offer my two cents. I am not an expert in finances or businesses or anything of that sort. I am speaking on behalf of the players. I know that, first and foremost, Wargaming is a company which means that they need to earn money. I do however believe that their methods to making money are a bit off. Again, not trying to criticize Wargaming, just offering my advice. 

I think Wargaming should interact with the playerbase more. Instead of releasing random premiums out of the blue, WG could hold official polls and surveys on the forums to see what ships and mechanics the players would like to see introduced into the game. That way they will be releasing ships that the playerbase asked for, so more players will buy the ship, and they will make more money overall. It's a win-win situation because the players get what they want and Wargaming gets more profit. Another thing that Wargaming could do is look at why CC's are criticizing a ship and adjust the ship accordingly. That way ships such as the Slava wouldn't have to be mothballed.

Edit: One more thing. It would be best if WG sold stuff at a price that is worth their value. The recent bundles have been a little overpriced in comparison to what you are getting in return. It would be great if they didn't do this in the future. :cap_like:

A Few Nitpicks I have

• Can we have a Naval Legends video for the Bismarck and Enterprise? Since you have already made a Naval Legends video for the Sovetsky Soyuz, which wasn't even completed, could we have a documentary on these two famous ships as well?
  • Can you make more of the bad advice videos and the Head over Keels videos? Those were pretty funny.
  • I personally liked the old Armada videos better than the new one, although I know that many of the playerbase prefer the new Armada videos.
  • It would be awesome if they did cross-promotions with other companies/bands/movies/tv shows etc. such as the upcoming movie Greyhound. 

To conclude my post, World of Warships has a great community and we shouldn't give WG too much flak. Everyone makes mistakes. On their part, Wargaming should interact with the community more so that they can introduce new features that community wants and make more money in the process. Overall, we should all work together and make World of Warships great again!

~Jack Sparrow signing off.

P.S. @Hapa_Fodder I don't really know where this thread belongs. You can move it to where you see fit. Thank you.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[D3BT]
Members
371 posts
6,199 battles
6 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

To start off ....

Your font got too much bigness. It hurts the eyes.

Edited by MudRaker227
  • Boring 1

0 posts
8 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Wargaming is going through a bit of a rough time

what do you know, that we don't?

8 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

World of Warships has one of the best video game communities that I have encountered.

the bar is low, I guess.

oh, and Size matters, can you use the image.png.9ba7ab087f1b15907d059b9549b29e84.pngshortcut de remove formatting? 

• Funny 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, MudRaker227 said:

Your font got too much bigness. It hurts the eyes.

Sorry. I did this in Word and forgot to change the font.

[O7]
Members
5,361 posts
11,868 battles

You know how companies avoid getting berated by the community? By actually being a part of the community, then when they implement things they will either already understand how the community will react, or know how to approach the implementation to avoid blowback. Instead they remain isolated from the community, putting in things the community wont like and not understanding why, all while ignoring most feedback from the programs they themselves started and not even playing their own game in any meaningful way.

They deserve everything they have gotten.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,050 posts

Of course many have been very negative and hostile, however:

The issue is that many people have also given constructive criticism in the past too - exactly as you have tried to do in this thread. I am sure some have said the very things you have....and nothing. There are a number of people who contribute and are positive about WG (CCs), yet it appears WG would rather the CCs promote 'what WG want' as oppose to opening a dialogue and discussing ways forward. It isn't as if WG do not know those who are positive about the game and would contribute with constructive opinion.

But it is their company, they have chosen how to run it and the community reacts to the choices WG have made. It is what it is, and at this point only WG has the ability to indicate the relationship can change. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[PVE]
Members
6,112 posts
22,432 battles

"Community" is a relative term for a foreign company.

Does anybody here frequent the Russian server (they are generally known to have a different play style-believe it or not it's even more campy-than the NA server).

Not sure if they are more responsive there than here but do know their play style is closer to the developers preferred play style...& they even speak the same language over their w/out need of a translator.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"Community" is a relative term for a foreign company.

Does anybody here frequent the Russian server (they are generally known to have a different play style-believe it or not it's even more campy-than the NA server).

Not sure if they are more responsive there than here but do know their play style is closer to the developers preferred play style...& they even speak the same language over their w/out need of a translator.

I've been on the Russian forums once or twice. The players seem to want more Russian ships. From what my terrible translator can tell me, I think they want more long-range ships with better accuracy at range which might explain ships like the Slava.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,858 battles
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

I've been on the Russian forums once or twice. The players seem to want more Russian ships. From what my terrible translator can tell me, I think they want more long-range ships with better accuracy at range which might explain ships like the Slava.

Who's alt are you … a bit odd 

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Who's alt are you … a bit odd 

This is my main account. On the flip side of things, I had a Steam Account.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,858 battles
5 hours ago, Pulicat said:

You know how companies avoid getting berated by the community? By actually being a part of the community, then when they implement things they will either already understand how the community will react, or know how to approach the implementation to avoid blowback. Instead they remain isolated from the community, putting in things the community wont like and not understanding why, all while ignoring most feedback from the programs they themselves started and not even playing their own game in any meaningful way.

They deserve everything they have gotten.

I still get PC magazine … not sure why 

There's an article titled "Council Culture" on page 12 that explains how it's done 

Someone should send WG a copy 

Sign in to follow this