You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Developer Bulletin: Update 0.9.3

23 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,488 posts
13,882 battles

The European destroyers get released from Early Access, a new Campaign, a unique historical Commander, and many other features!

IMPORTANT ! Because the Update is still being tested, the information in this Bulletin is tentative and reflects the state of game development at the time of its publication. Some changes and new features may be removed entirely or implemented differently by the time the Update goes live. Screenshots, specific values of certain characteristics, and details of in-game mechanics will not necessarily be relevant after the Update is released.

European Destroyers: Part 2

The entire branch of European destroyers will become available to research with the release of Update 0.9.3.

Please note: the rewards for activities on the Public Test server may differ from those on the live server. European destroyers are not available to research on the Public Test server.

The game event in Update 0.9.3 is presented by the new "Strong-Willed” temporary Campaign.

Reward for finishing the campaign: a unique historical European Commander— Jerzy Świrski —with 10 skill points and the following talents:

• Torpedo Reload Expert: reduces the torpedo tube reload time by 5% for every eight "Torpedo hits" ribbons scored. The talent can be activated multiple times.
  • AA Gun Aiming Expert: increases the continuous damage of AA defenses by 10% for scoring 20 "Aircraft shot down" ribbons. This talent can be activated only once per battle.

Jerzy Świrski also has an improved skill:

• Adrenaline Rush : + 0.25% (instead of + 0.2%) to the reload speed of the ship's armament and squadron speed for each 1% of HP lost.

The Campaign will remain available for 6 months after the release of Update 0.9.3.

A different reward will replace Commander Jerzy Świrski on the Public Test server.

Changes to the Tech Tree and the Exterior Tab

The restriction on the number of special and economic signals mounted on a ship has been removed, while the limit of eight combat signals on a ship remains active. You'll be able to mount up to 21 signals in total.

The Tech Tree now has tooltips describing features of the ship groups in each branch; by clicking them, you'll open a window with a detailed description.

Changes to the Exterior tab 

• Tooltips for signals, flags, and camouflages have been updated.
  • Mounting, demounting, repainting, purchasing, and binding exterior elements to a ship now requires a single left-click on the corresponding element.
  • The ability to mount or remove all economic, special, and recommended (the most effective for this ship) combat signals has been added.

Ranked sprint

Update 0.9.3 will host the 11th Season of Ranked Sprints in a 12 versus 12 format, playing Tier IX – X ships in the Arms Race mode.

Matchmaking Improvements

The changes that have been made to the matchmaker in Update 0.9.3 will provide more possibilities for playing low-tier ships against high-tier ships effectively, and also reduce the number of cases where a player would find themselves with the only Tier VIII ship in a battle composed of Tier X ships, for example.

Apart from that, the number of battles with two aircraft carriers per team will be significantly reduced, while battles with three carriers per team will never occur.

List of changes

• For Tier VII – X battles, we've introduced a limit on the minimum number of ships two tiers lower than the battle tier.
  • We've introduced a limit on the maximum number of ships whose tier corresponds to the battle tier, with the exception of battles where all ships are of the same tier.
  • We've updated the settings that restrict the number of ships of a specific type in a battle.

For each battle tier, several sets of settings will be used that will replace each other, depending on the waiting time in the queue — the longer the battle waiting time, the softer the restrictions. The new settings will allow us to avoid a significant increase in waiting times if there aren't many people looking to play a battle in that moment, and at the same time, assemble battles with the most efficient team rosters.

Please note: due to the specifics of the Public Test server, the matchmaker might work differently.

• Cool 7

Supertester
595 posts
14,831 battles

I really hate 12v12 ranked sprint. Horrible idea, and that it's tier IX and X. Just trash. 

Sprint should be lower tiers and smaller teams. This is horrible. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BUOY]
Members
994 posts
14,444 battles

Question: Does the 'Tier9-10' Ranked Sprint mean this'll basically just be a 9+10 random battle with Arms Race added or are they single tier battles but you can queue up in 9 or 10?

Also, any possibility of bringing Clan Battles map rotation to Ranked? Getting stuck on the same map 5x in a row gets old really fast.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,019 posts
11,550 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Apart from that, the number of battles with two aircraft carriers per team will be significantly reduced

Not sure how you accomplish this without either A: spreading them out more throughout the tiers or B: putting a cap on them that will increase wait times, especially because while I agree 3 CV battles should not have ever happened again, you now have even more players to make up 2 CV matches that may have had 1 with the current settings.

4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

e changes that have been made to the matchmaker in Update 0.9.3 will provide more possibilities for playing low-tier ships against high-tier ships effectively,

Matchmaker won't change that basically anything on my Arizona other than turrets can now be penetrated by a Cleveland using IFHE, or that Bismarck with it' secondaries can run me down as I try and pen it with 14 inch guns that have a lower rate of fire than it's 15 inch guns. It won't change North Carolina's AA against Ark Royal tier 4 and 5 planes, it won't change the devastation to squadrons of tier 8 CV's my Minotaur causes because of it's high DPS and range and he fact CV's can't see me till their in my flak barrier unless a ship spots me. It won't change what a Yamato or Musashi can do to tier 8 and 9 ships.

They won' be 'more effective' vs higher tier ships - they'll just have more lower tier ships to shoot at - as will the higher tie ships, by the way this is worded. Only way to actually change the capabilities vs higher tier ships is to adjust the ships themselves.

Otherwise I do like some of these changes, especially the signal flag one - try and end on a more positive note for a change.

Edited by WanderingGhost
  • Confused 1

Members
3,052 posts
15,856 battles

If you want to improve Matchmaking then start listening to the base players and match the players evenly.

Too many are just sick and tired of being placed on teams with player averages running below 45% while the enemy team is made up of much better players and divisions. 

Pissing off players because they are getting rolled 7-8 battles in a row is not a good business model. You aren't encouraging them to spend any money.  

• Cool 1

Members
738 posts
7,780 battles
2 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Too many are just sick and tired of being placed on teams with player averages running below 45% while the enemy team is made up of much better players and divisions. 

This really, I hate being on either end of this, if a win is too easy there's no sense of accomplishment, and if a win is made absolutely impossible because of the actions of your teammates its beyond frustrating. Problem is I dont see how they're gunna fix this, only real option imho is a dedicated team battle option so people can do something else than just randoms for a while to cool off. A completely separate game mode is long overdue tbh.

[S4LT]
Members
3 posts
3,284 battles
6 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

If you want to improve Matchmaking then start listening to the base players and match the players evenly.

Pissing off players because they are getting rolled 7-8 battles in a row is not a good business model. You aren't encouraging them to spend any money.  

We also need more ways to send feedback to poor players...  "Plays Poorly" isn't very descriptive, and doesn't tell the doofus who border-hugs his BB while the rest of his team gets smashed -- how to improve.

Right now (as far as I can tell) there's no penalty for being an [edited]or a complete moron unless you actually TK someone.

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
16 hours ago, JaceCar said:

We also need more ways to send feedback to poor players...  "Plays Poorly" isn't very descriptive, and doesn't tell the doofus who border-hugs his BB while the rest of his team gets smashed -- how to improve.

Right now (as far as I can tell) there's no penalty for being an [edited]or a complete moron unless you actually TK someone.

“Plays Poorly” is actually there just for venting purposes - better to have players vent in-game than waste your (WG) resources by submitting an actual ticket.

It doesn’t even result in a karma loss for the reported player (I have confirmed with CS and discussed this issue with them a lot).

[S4LT]
Members
3 posts
3,284 battles
On 3/19/2020 at 2:14 PM, henrychenhenry said:

“Plays Poorly” is actually there just for venting purposes - better to have players vent in-game than waste your (WG) resources by submitting an actual ticket.

It doesn’t even result in a karma loss for the reported player (I have confirmed with CS and discussed this issue with them a lot).

Then how does one lose Karma?  I've been complimented dozens of times for awesome play on various ships, have only been AFK once (game crashed on me), and yet I hover around 2 for Karma purposes for whatever reason.

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles
2 hours ago, JaceCar said:

Then how does one lose Karma?  I've been complimented dozens of times for awesome play on various ships, have only been AFK once (game crashed on me), and yet I hover around 2 for Karma purposes for whatever reason.

By playing carriers or other hated ships.

(coughsmolenskcough)

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles

(Just noticed something...)

What is the freaking point of turning every ship into a bloody signals farm?

Having to chose which to use is the entire point of having a restriction.

All this does is aid rushing higher in the trees before someone is really ready; but I suppose that’s what WG wants anyway, so what ever.

If I read that right; ‘Mount/demount all’ is so long overdue it’s not even funny any more.

• Cool 1

Members
1,624 posts
25 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

What is the freaking point of turning every ship into a bloody signals farm?

P2W...

• Funny 1

[VIP]
Members
109 posts
21,943 battles

Can someone enlighten me as to why there is a STALINGRAD on PTS? There is not the availability in the Armory for it on the PTS server. So how is it that players are running around in premiums on PTS?

• Confused 1

[_RNG_]
Members
2 posts
1,780 battles

Agreed Maverick... Premium should not be allowed in PTS at all.  Allow a rental for premium ships if people are looking to buy them.  Unless WG is trying to show me how I will be smashed in the new update with a premium ship.

I do like the "Mount recommended signals"

Never having 3 CVs in a battle... OMG thank you!!!!!

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
On 3/20/2020 at 12:39 PM, 01101_ said:

There are 4 reporting options:

image.png.e51b0d1f86e52ecf2d25f8e6cfcb6721.png

The 3 other options take away from your Karma.

Beta Testers
363 posts
12,391 battles

I'm with Estimated_Prophet.  Allowing players to mount so many signals is simply going to allow veteran players (who no longer have to choose between "economic" and "combat") to further roll over new players (who won't have the signals to compete).

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
On 3/20/2020 at 7:41 PM, ADM_Maverick said:

Can someone enlighten me as to why there is a STALINGRAD on PTS? There is not the availability in the Armory for it on the PTS server. So how is it that players are running around in premiums on PTS?

about 6 or 9 months ago, Mirroring port was offered to PTS.. That means PTS was able to clone your live server port, onto PTS...

Things that were cloned as follows...

• Ships
  • Free XP
  • Cpt. XP.

Since then I assume mirror port is still being offered in PTS..

That is why you see premiums floating around...

Members
17 posts
146 battles
On 3/21/2020 at 3:41 AM, ADM_Maverick said:

3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Since then I assume mirror port is still being offered in PTS.. 

from the PTS announcement:

nhz.thumb.JPG.1e5aaf9b06880796191516bdd688c036.JPG

Members
31 posts
7,384 battles

Matchmaking is a joke. Too often I see 4 Smolensk and the odd Colbert added on the opposing team. Maybe none or 1 Smolensk on our team. Sucks no matter what ship you are in because the Smolensk can fire from smoke or from behind an island and I cannot fire back even with the high arching shells of U.S. ships. Sucks to be matched in this way.

Need to match by more than just tier and type of ship. Radar, Stealth Range, Gun Range, Torp range AND speed, and so on ... make the teams at least quasi competitive rather than a slaughter. 

If there is a CC or WG partner/employee (particularly when playing a test ship) playing on a team, there should be one or none on both teams! Let the CC's play by themselves or only against highly rated members, not make it just an ego boost for the CC or WG Partner/employee ... just sucks to be in a battle like that because all I am is a tethered goat. If I get in such a battle with CC or WG partner/employee, let me exit the match with no penalty.

Edited by JohnChristianFalkenberg
clarification, spelling

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
On 3/18/2020 at 2:18 PM, STINKWEED_ said:

Yeah it’s like a I have noticed where it’s not as much the numbers of poorly skilled players on team on bad days, but how many of the competent players they assign to either team.

For example if you are the only competent player on your team, when the enemy gets 2-4+ players that are competent then which team will likely win if all the ship classes are evenly balanced? Came to this realization after having some fun in a few battles where a I was the only player for either team that likely knew what to do. So the impact can be substantial. If the numbers of good players are evenly distributed between the teams then it becomes a little easier for good players to pick up the slack and carry the bad players.

Members
3,074 posts
6,554 battles

I'm not really impressed by seeing lots of Smolensks on the red team. Lots of potatoes own them, so the odds that your opponents know what they're doing with them isn't all that great, and I expect to see them, so I counter pick ships against them.

[CS7]
Members
221 posts
3,247 battles

I'm not sure if the RB shows up in the PTS, but if it does, are the Legendary/Unique Upgrades now available to purchase?  They did not show up as was first claimed with 9.2, and I don't have a staff posting to point to, but I believe the new plan is with 9.3.  I'm curious (as I am sure many are) what they will cost, what balance changes have been made, and if they have been added to any more T10 ships (e.g. Daring).  Thanks!