You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA MOAR flags on the horizon?

97 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles

9.3 PTS is testing the removal of the limit on economic flags. You would still be limited to 8 combat flags, but could put 13 economic flags (all of them) on your ship at the same time for a total of 21 flags at once.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-093/

For Discussion:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

9.3 PTS is testing the removal of the limit on economic flags. You would still be limited to 8 combat flags, but could put 13 economic flags (all of them) on your ship at the same time for a total of 21 flags at once.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-093/

Calling it now, tier 8 FXP ships will cost 3 million FXP by the end of 2020, because of "inflation".

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Calling it now, tier 8 FXP ships will cost 3 million FXP by the end of 2020, because of "inflation".

Would not be surprised.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,462 posts
6,514 battles

Hell you'll be able to fulfill an entire FXP/credit directive requirement in 1 losing battle in co-op with 13 economic flags mounted on a premium ship...    

• Funny 3

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
12 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Hell you'll be able to fulfill an entire FXP/credit directive requirement in 1 losing battle in co-op with 13 economic flags mounted on a premium ship...    

Aesthetically-speaking, that is going to look like a virtual rainbow on ships full decked out.

I'm not a fan of this idea, for multiple reasons.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Aesthetically-speaking, that is going to look like a virtual rainbow on ships full decked out.

I'm not a fan of this idea, for multiple reasons.

Doesn't one of the PR skins have all the signal pennants ever mounted on the wires? 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,130 posts
4,088 battles

But why? You can already rack up ridiculous XP/credit numbers with the current arrangement. And WG is already talking about economy inflation. Why do we need to make even more credits/XP in a battle? You're saying a 1M credit, 20K XP, 4K FXP game isn't enough now?

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Doesn't one of the PR skins have all the signal pennants ever mounted on the wires? 

I know it was shown in the Shipyard as the ship was completed, but I don't think you can take it into battles as such.

Members
6,621 posts
20,658 battles

Are they going to change the UI? Or do we have to click 42 times to mount them all?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The fact that there are not now and never have been any Tier 8 FXP ships somewhat dilutes your credibility.

Considering that some of the economic flags do not boost certain specific categories at all (e.g. neither Wyvern nor Ouroboros nor Papa Papa boosts Commander XP, Yellow Dragon has no effect on ship or free XP), I'd say that depending on what you're chasing, it's not going to change very much. If you're focused on FXP, being able to mount all the economic flags instead of just the optimal ones isn't going to increase your yield much. The real difference it's going to make is on your survivability while doing so - you won't have to sacrifice economic flags to take things like Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, the heal booster and the fire/flood suppressors, for example.

Just now, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Are they going to change the UI? Or do we have to click 42 times to mount them all?

They're changing the UI. You will be able to mount/dismount the entire cluster of regular econ or dragon flags with a single click. You can still only mount eight combat flags, and it looks like the UI will select what it feels is optimal for the ship if you "mount all". Then change as you see fit.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,029 battles

I'm thinking this may have more to do with draining folks of flags faster than any benefit we get from it.

• Cool 7

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The fact that there are not now and never have been any Tier 8 FXP ships somewhat dilutes your credibility.

:Smile_smile:

OK.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
5 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

I'm thinking this may have more to do with draining folks of flags faster than any benefit we get from it.

Only if you're stupid about it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,628 posts
8,610 battles
6 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

^

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,029 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Only if you're stupid about it.

Not going to argue that. :cap_cool:

[IRNBN]
Members
3,395 posts
9,822 battles

The really cool thing in all this, to me at least, is that we're finally getting a  "Demount All" button.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,652 posts
34,939 battles
7 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

The really cool thing in all this, to me at least, is that we're finally getting a  "Demount All" button.

Which we had for a long time in Aislains mods anyway.

It is a ploy to get you to expend flags faster.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,395 posts
9,822 battles
1 minute ago, alexf24 said:

Which we had for a long time in Aislains mods anyway.

I don't use mods. Niether do a lot of people. This is a change that's been requested for a long time.

[--K--]
Members
1,344 posts
10,219 battles

This is going the way of Asian economies...

I don’t need ships costing 456 billion yen.  

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles
49 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

unless they set it up otherwise. For example, while some say XP, others say Base XP.

34 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

32 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I know it was shown in the Shipyard as the ship was completed, but I don't think you can take it into battles as such.

I believe it was shown on completion decked out with flags and with sailors manning the rails. I also seem to recall that the special camo did show in port with all the flags up, the bunting, and a giant US flag.
But I think in actual battle its just the camo.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
39 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

38 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

2 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

unless they set it up otherwise. For example, while some say XP, others say Base XP.

I believe it was shown on completion decked out with flags and with sailors manning the rails. I also seem to recall that the special camo did show in port with all the flags up, the bunting, and a giant US flag.
But I think in actual battle its just the camo.

Some of those flags are used in game as signal flags, but there were flags on PR that are not signal flags in game.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles
11 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Such a thinly disguised ploy that I have to wonder if it's really a ploy at all. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,739 posts
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Such a thinly disguised ploy that I have to wonder if it's really a ploy at all. 

WG has a history of overestimating their own ability to be sneaky.

• Funny 1